Illiterate Much? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Elite Member

At least on here, we have the opportunity to go back and edit. Which I love, since I have to do it EVERY time. I hate facebook...where you CAN'T edit! Ugh!

Cheyenne von der Price-Sable GSD-12/20/10-CGC
Faegan vom Johnson-Haus "Panzer"-Black GSD-12/31/11-S.T.A.R. Puppy
jprice103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Crowned Member

you can edit comments on fb, but not the initial one. Clik the upper right of your comment box and it gives the option to delete or edit....not sure that option is available on phones.
I saw this on fb and thought it fit in this thread!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
Crowned Member

went to click the like button

http://elsieflynn.blogspot.com
http://www.dogster.com/?41847
elsie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #24 (permalink)

I'm really bad about it too. I think faster than I type so I'm always losing words or dropping letters. LOL

And then when I read over my posts and notice typos, I also think of things I want to add so when I go back in and edit, I almost always end up adding a few sentences. I have a very bad editing habit.

I blame my freelance writing job, though. I don't really do outlines for my articles. Instead, I write a first draft extremely quickly, and then go in and switch things around, add or delete things, and generally flesh it out during edits. I mean, everyone does that, but I do more extreme edits than most writers I know do. I basically use my first draft as an outline, because for some reason I'll spend forever trying to lay out an outline but if I just sit down and start writing a draft, it flows much more easily. So I think that style carries over to my much more informal forums posts too!

Yeah, that's it...
Bandit-8 y/o ACD
Wooby-14 y/o ACD
Abutiu "Abi"-ACD puppy and hopeful future SAR dog!
RowdyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyDogs View Post
I'm really bad about it too. I think faster than I type so I'm always losing words or dropping letters. LOL

And then when I read over my posts and notice typos, I also think of things I want to add so when I go back in and edit, I almost always end up adding a few sentences. I have a very bad editing habit.

I blame my freelance writing job, though. I don't really do outlines for my articles. Instead, I write a first draft extremely quickly, and then go in and switch things around, add or delete things, and generally flesh it out during edits. I mean, everyone does that, but I do more extreme edits than most writers I know do. I basically use my first draft as an outline, because for some reason I'll spend forever trying to lay out an outline but if I just sit down and start writing a draft, it flows much more easily. So I think that style carries over to my much more informal forums posts too!

Yeah, that's it...
Thank you thank you thank you! I'm not alone at extreme editing. (I edited this comment 3 times )

http://elsieflynn.blogspot.com
http://www.dogster.com/?41847
elsie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenzachsmom View Post
Am I the only one who makes the same mistakes over and over? I think I have proofed, hit submit and there it is - glaring mistake. UGH! People must think I'm an idiot.

The biggest for me is leaving the "R" off of your. I type in you. "You dog." I thought it was just a typing thing. My fingers go off without my brain. So, yesterday, I left my son a note. "Do you homework." My daughter was quick to point out my mistake. I said, "OH! I meant Do yo homework." LOL! GEEZ!

Then there are those pesky sound alike words....there, their, they're, to, two, too. Hmmm. It's not me. It's the English language.

Hitting submit now. Sure I missed something. Oh well.
I am so guilty of this it's not funny. I honestly thought I was the only poster who had a huge problem discovering errors in my posts after I submit them ... sometimes I can correct them, most of the time it's too late.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #27 (permalink)

I do it all the time too. It is the one thing I don't like about my iPad, is the keyboard sensitivity and autocorrect ..that's not saying I don't make stupid mistakes anyway.
m1953 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I feel like my fingers operate independently from my brain and they just type words that sound like or even just contain some of the letters as whatever word I'm thinking about. And sometimes they stick random words, usually connecting words, wherever they please!

I think I'm so used to typing all the time that my fingers depend on muscle memory and they'll write whatever they usually write instead of what I want them to write .
Syaoransbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Even though I was an honor's english student,I still make mistakes with punctuation and typos. If I do it up here,I will try to go back and correct if I catch the mistake in time.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1953 View Post
I do it all the time too. It is the one thing I don't like about my iPad, is the keyboard sensitivity and autocorrect
Same problem here with my iPad ...
As for others who post, I don't read much into whether or not they make grammatical errors...
I understand some people post from phones.

(I do see 'grammar policing' sometimes but, it isn't a problem for me.)

Kat

Last edited by KatsMuse; 01-17-2013 at 08:27 PM.
KatsMuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.