I am a ghost here. Is it something I said?? - Page 8 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #71 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDGunner View Post
I feel that way a lot. I post in other people's threads and I'm basically ignored. I post pics and get a few replies here and there.
I don't give a lot of advice as I'm not really that qualified to give it.
I love my dog and think he's something special, doesn't mean others do. I'm okay with that, but sometimes I think "geez, what did I do"?
I know this is off thread but I love Gunner. He's one of my favorites. Rua I understand how you feel . Im not sure if this fits or will get my post deleted but there has been a change as Im sure there always is on the board. Some people who I personally loved and who were always interested in threads arent here for a variety of reasons. I have not been involved here as much due to a variety of reasons. I often feel the same way about not fitting in but I always put it down to my lousy,lousy writing compounded by my horrid typing. I dont give advice cause Im no expert and I dont post alot of pictures of my dog cause he hates having his picture taken and he is by no means a breed standard dog, (I think he is handsome even if he's a klutz). I used to post alot more when I had Daisy and people were very gracious but some questions I had I needed to go to other places b/c I needed additional info. The other issue for me is that at first after losing Daisy it was harder to look at pictures and read about other senior dogs or puppies. That said I still prefer here but alot of people I used to pm w/ and friended are gone .

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #72 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy&Lucky's Mom View Post
I know this is off thread but I love Gunner. He's one of my favorites. Rua I understand how you feel . Im not sure if this fits or will get my post deleted but there has been a change as Im sure there always is on the board. Some people who I personally loved and who were always interested in threads arent here for a variety of reasons. I have not been involved here as much due to a variety of reasons. I often feel the same way about not fitting in but I always put it down to my lousy,lousy writing compounded by my horrid typing. I dont give advice cause Im no expert and I dont post alot of pictures of my dog cause he hates having his picture taken and he is by no means a breed standard dog, (I think he is handsome even if he's a klutz). I used to post alot more when I had Daisy and people were very gracious but some questions I had I needed to go to other places b/c I needed additional info. The other issue for me is that at first after losing Daisy it was harder to look at pictures and read about other senior dogs or puppies. That said I still prefer here but alot of people I used to pm w/ and friended are gone .
I agree I love Gunner too He is hilarious. I never know who to friend and not to friend. so if they shoot me a friend thingy i accept. If it is out of my leage I usually dont advise at all, but I do read on here alot.
Loneforce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #73 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy&Lucky's Mom View Post
I know this is off thread but I love Gunner. He's one of my favorites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneforce View Post
I agree I love Gunner too He is hilarious.
Wow, thanks so much, that's very nice of you to say.
Nikki (Polydactyl kitty) 6/15/07

~ Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started ~
http://www.youtube.com/GSDGunner
GSDGunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #74 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneforce View Post
Mine is sort of the same problem. I think my dog is beautiful, but alot on here really dont like WGSL. But just because everyone loves WL That will not be my next dog. I have my own prefferences. See what you did Rua lol look how active this thread is
That's how I felt too owning an ASL that isn't favored as much on this board. I took offense to the prejudice at first, but don't care much now.
I love my guy. He's a big goofball. Hey, maybe that should be it's own line.
Nikki (Polydactyl kitty) 6/15/07

~ Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started ~
http://www.youtube.com/GSDGunner
GSDGunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #75 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDGunner View Post
That's how I felt too owning an ASL that isn't favored as much on this board. I took offense to the prejudice at first, but don't care much now.
I love my guy. He's a big goofball. Hey, maybe that should be it's own line.
At the risk of being shot I do too. I see alot of ASLs who are nowhere near as angulated as the youtube ones. I also really like German showlines. I dont think I need a dog w/ incredible drive. The exception would be Carmspack's Nick. My God he was a so cute but really obedient and smart. Oh well I digress. Linda I love Gunner's photos.I some times see them at work and looking at dogs like he and Wolfie as well as so many others thats how I break from angry adolescents and parents. Im not very good at telling people what they should do cause Im not that knowledable . I.m here cause dogs are way nicer then most humans.As for goofball I think evry GSd has some goof in him or her.

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #76 (permalink)
Knighted Member

...delete, duplicate
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #77 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post

Now the OP...I think it's because your Irish...

I ONLY said that b/c I am too, well by decent, my Da grew up on Derravaragh RD.

and I meant to spell your - you're
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #78 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I have not read this entire thread. Just wanted to say that the OP is doing a lot better than they think. All the data is there... I took the ten most recent threads started by the OP and myself and omitted any thread over 1000 views, as that's atypical. I think I get a decent amount of interaction from other forum members, and I have plenty of posts, so I'd be a good comparison.

My last ten posts (replies - views - percentage interaction)
  1. 31 - 539 - 5.751
  2. 6 - 116 - 5.172
  3. 8 - 360 - 2.222
  4. 3 - 187 - 1.604
  5. 5 - 156 - 3.205
  6. 6 - 383 - 1.567
  7. 5 - 167 - 2.994
  8. 1 - 132 - 0.758
  9. 18 - 277 - 6.498
  10. 2 - 117 - 1.709
Average Percent Interaction: 3.148%

OP's last ten posts (replies - views - percentage interaction)
  1. 19 - 222 - 8.559
  2. 8 - 141 - 5.674
  3. 6 - 140 - 4.286
  4. 10 - 236 - 4.237
  5. 8 - 252 - 3.175
  6. 8 - 226 - 3.540
  7. 5 - 230 - 2.174
  8. 3 - 195 - 1.538
  9. 2 - 386 - 0.518
  10. 4 - 450 - 0.889
Average Percent Interaction: 3.459%

So- OP- You're doing better than I am as far as average percent interaction with forum members. So either I'm also a ghost, or you're doing just fine...

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
wildo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #79 (permalink)
Rua
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriesue View Post
But anyways I love the Irish Rua! Your country is on my bucket list of places to visit... Though you all probably wouldn't like me very much because I hate beer.
You hate beer?? Noooooooo! My ears are bleeding! Take that back!! Take it baaaack!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
I ONLY said that b/c I am too, well by decent, my Da grew up on Derravaragh RD.
Ah yeah - Teranure. I don't that know that area too well because I don't venture on that side of the city much. I'm a bit of a northsider, myself. haha! Have you gotten to come over much to visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildo View Post
I have not read this entire thread. Just wanted to say that the OP is doing a lot better than they think. All the data is there... I took the ten most recent threads started by the OP and myself and omitted any thread over 1000 views, as that's atypical. I think I get a decent amount of interaction from other forum members, and I have plenty of posts, so I'd be a good comparison.

My last ten posts (replies - views - percentage interaction)
  1. 31 - 539 - 5.751
  2. 6 - 116 - 5.172
  3. 8 - 360 - 2.222
  4. 3 - 187 - 1.604
  5. 5 - 156 - 3.205
  6. 6 - 383 - 1.567
  7. 5 - 167 - 2.994
  8. 1 - 132 - 0.758
  9. 18 - 277 - 6.498
  10. 2 - 117 - 1.709
Average Percent Interaction: 3.148%

OP's last ten posts (replies - views - percentage interaction)
  1. 19 - 222 - 8.559
  2. 8 - 141 - 5.674
  3. 6 - 140 - 4.286
  4. 10 - 236 - 4.237
  5. 8 - 252 - 3.175
  6. 8 - 226 - 3.540
  7. 5 - 230 - 2.174
  8. 3 - 195 - 1.538
  9. 2 - 386 - 0.518
  10. 4 - 450 - 0.889
Average Percent Interaction: 3.459%

So- OP- You're doing better than I am as far as average percent interaction with forum members. So either I'm also a ghost, or you're doing just fine...
And Wildo....OMG. I can't believe you actually put together a percentage chart. Seriously impressed. Are you a software engineer by any chance?
Rua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #80 (permalink)
Knighted Member

[QUOTE=Lilie;]As of today, there are 39,180 active members on this forum. QUOTE]

Nothing to do with you Lilie but this figure is bandied about sometimes as if it is supposed to mean something.

The forum is like the roach motel, you can check in but never check out.
Most days there are the same 20 or so people posting on almost every topic and up to a hundred or so regulars.
Then maybe a few hundred who drop in from time to time.
A person could post once and be on the rolls forever. I'm sure there are a few people who have passed on but are still part of that figure, so I personally don't get much from that number.

To the OP, if you want responses just bring up anything at all about Cesar Milan or Victoria (can't stand her voice) Stillwell.
Jack's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.