I am a ghost here. Is it something I said?? - Page 12 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #111 (permalink)
Rua
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zisso View Post
Rua you are alone. I get the same here, and after a rant much worse then yours finally came to the conclusion that if they don't reply, I am not all bad. LOL

It was also explained to me that while folks might view a post, often times they don't reply because they may not have any valuable info to contribute. Since then I have looked at plenty of posts and rarely reply either, cause I have nothing to say or if I do, I just don't want to.
Zisso, I just read your rant - that was a good rant!

I think what launched me into posting this thread up is that I went away for awhile after being on this forum for a bit, thinking that I was being too sensitive and maybe I just wasn't knowledgeable enough for people to take any notice of what I had to say. Then I come back, all excited about having gotten another new puppy and I wanted to share it on the one board I knew had people that would appreciate it. But then when I came back, it seemed like nothing had changed. I kind of got annoyed because I felt like I was the nerdy invisible kid in high school again, so I posted up my little rant. Now all of a sudden EVERYONE is posting here - same as with your thread (which you posted up during my Forum Hiatus, so I missed it.)

In fairness to you all here on this thread though...you've definitely cheered me up and shown me that there ARE lots of great people that are interested in what us lesser known posters have to say. The nerdy invisible girl in me has been abated for now. Thank you!
Rua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #112 (permalink)
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
As others have said, don't take it personally. It really doesn't count how popular or how many posts you have. It really comes down to having people with experience who see it and take the time to answer

I know for myself I don't normally go beyond the active topics, so I might see something and mean to comment but I might not have time and forget
You sound just like me

I always pay attention to how many views a thread has too. I may post something that has no responses, but 100 people opened and read my brillant words so I know I'm being read, just people have nothing more to add to it!

Generally I'm posting in response to someone rather than opening a new post unless it's in the agility section.

Sometimes adding the to a thread may put it up higher after a day or so in the Active Topics and catch someone's eye.

Quote:
I can't speak for others, but I can only type the same answer to the same question over and over and over again so many times before I start getting annoyed or burned out, which is why I'll often point to a sticky thread instead, or find one of my previous posts on the topic and link to that rather than typing out yet another reply. I've even copied my previous replies before and re-posted them on new threads, but sometimes I don't have time or don't feel like taking the time to go track down what I wrote before, so I don't bother doing that. It's unfortunate, but we all only have so much time in the day.
to Cassidy's Moms post too
plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?." ANONYMOUS

Last edited by MaggieRoseLee; 01-15-2013 at 04:56 PM.
MaggieRoseLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #113 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rua View Post
Can I join??

Nope! It's a very exclusive club! So exclusive that there are no members left, because there are no losers on this board!

Edelheid von Baerchenhaus (Heidi) ~ 3/18/2003 - 8/15/2012
Heidi's Dogster page

Sophie von Baerchenhaus ~ 8/15/2012 -

.......__o
.......\-\
....( )/\( )...
Heidi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #114 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi's Mom View Post
Nope! It's a very exclusive club! So exclusive that there are no members left, because there are no losers on this board!
For a forum where politics are not allowed to be discussed, that sure was a highly political response!

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC
High Jinks vom Neuanfang - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
wildo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #115 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rua View Post
Oooh...I'd love to do a bit of body boarding in Lahinch. I hear the surf there is good. We usually go to Mayo every year to do our boarding.

I have some family flying in from the US for a visit this year and we plan to take them to the Cliffs of Moher. Did you get to see them while you were in Clare?
Yes I loved it actually went twice while I was there. Spent two afternoons in Doolin,pretty camp ghround there but dang the waves i can see where the surfing would be great.Climbed around some really ruined old castle . God I need to go back.

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #116 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katdog5911 View Post
I am probably guilty of not always searching first. Or sometimes I do search but post anyway. Part of the reason is that I personally enjoy having a "conversation" about what I might be asking or wondering about. I guess I use this as a social network, not just informational. Is that a bad thing?????
Not a bad thing at all! I enjoy having conversations on here as well.

I'd much rather post my situation and get responses than to always be searching for info. Searching out a topic can be frustrating, because (sometimes) you have to piece together bits and pieces of information from a few different threads. Also, if you post a new question or request for clarification on an old thread, you may not get any responses, since the thread could be months (years?) old.

I do understand that it can be frustrating for the regulars when the same questions are asked over and over again. However, I'm sure many of the people who are posting the questions don't realize that 12 people have asked the same exact thing in the last month.

Heidi's Dogster page

.......__o
.......\-\
....( )/\( )...
Old 01-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #117 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildo View Post
For a forum where politics are not allowed to be discussed, that sure was a highly political response!
You lost me...

Heidi's Dogster page

.......__o
.......\-\
....( )/\( )...
Old 01-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #118 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi's Mom View Post
You lost me...
It was a joke. The point that everyone is a winner therefore one could not join a loser's club was nicely stated.

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC
High Jinks vom Neuanfang - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
wildo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #119 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildo View Post
It was a joke. The point that everyone is a winner therefore one could not join a loser's club was nicely stated.
Aaah.....

Heidi's Dogster page

.......__o
.......\-\
....( )/\( )...
Old 01-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #120 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Oh my, are we all winners now?

In my previous job, the one I was at for 12 years, they were big into a variety of motivational things and personality stuff. I mean we all took personality tests before we were hired, and then had to take them every couple of months to see how we were coping and such.

And they had this thing about us being winners. They had printed "You are looking at a Winner" and put it on the mirror in the bathroom so that you could not even wash your hands without being lambasted with the winning philosophy.

I was told that some of the guys and printed it out and changed it slightly and pasted it above the urinals.

Jenna, RN CGC & Babs, CD RA CGC HIC
Heidi, RA CGC
SG3 Odessa, SchH1, Kkl1, AD
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.