I am a ghost here. Is it something I said?? - Page 11 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #101 (permalink)
Rua
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy&Lucky's Mom View Post
Hey Rua I love Ireland . Went there in as agraduation present to myself when I got my Master's . I would need to hate beer if I lived there but I loved Guiness and some paler beer and of course I love whiskey,not Jamison ,Bushmill's. I know not a popular choice. I had three grandparents that were half Irish and one who was quarter and I got to met a cousin in County Claire.
Guinness is the one and only thing I will drink when we go to the pub. (Sounds very cliché, I know. lol) But I hate canned or bottled Guinness. Nothing beats a proper pint from a good pub.

And as for whiskey - did you visit any of the distilleries while you were here? Jameson is ok, but overall, we are very much a loyal Bushmills house. The Bushmills 10 year has always been my absolute favourite.
Rua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #102 (permalink)
Rua
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi's Mom View Post
About 4 or 5 years ago, there were a number of us who felt the way you do. We actually called ourselves the Losers' Club! We used an avatar that looked like a movie ticket and said Losers' Club.
Can I join??
Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #103 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rua View Post
Guinness is the one and only thing I will drink when we go to the pub. (Sounds very cliché, I know. lol) But I hate canned or bottled Guinness. Nothing beats a proper pint from a good pub.

And as for whiskey - did you visit any of the distilleries while you were here? Jameson is ok, but overall, we are very much a loyal Bushmills house. The Bushmills 10 year has always been my absolute favourite.
Mine too! I also cant stand the canned bottle stuff. There used to be a bar called the Iron Kettle and there ST Pats day was legendary . They knew how to pour a guinness and a Black & Tan. I was to young to plan my trip beyond being at the Bachelor fest in Lisdovarnaso no distilleries on that trip. Hope to get there again. Music,booze from sun up to sun at the festival though. Spent some time in Lahinch. I had a distant cousin associated w/ a golf vourse . Had a great time.

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013

Last edited by Daisy&Lucky's Mom; 01-15-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #104 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi's Mom View Post
I've been a member since 2003, but post very little these days. So many questions have been asked over and over and over again that people are told to search for answers before starting a new post. So, I usually just do a search and find what I need rather than posting something new.
I am probably guilty of not always searching first. Or sometimes I do search but post anyway. Part of the reason is that I personally enjoy having a "conversation" about what I might be asking or wondering about. I guess I use this as a social network, not just informational. Is that a bad thing?????
katdog5911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #105 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rua View Post
So is the bias based purely on appearances then?
No.
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #106 (permalink)
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katdog5911 View Post
I am probably guilty of not always searching first. Or sometimes I do search but post anyway. Part of the reason is that I personally enjoy having a "conversation" about what I might be asking or wondering about. I guess I use this as a social network, not just informational. Is that a bad thing?????
There's nothing wrong with doing a search and then posting on any of the threads you find, especially if your situation is very similar to a previous thread. What gets to be tedious is when we have dozens of threads that are virtually the exact same question, some of them quite recent, but instead of doing a search, reading those past threads, seeing if their question has already been answered, and only starting a NEW thread if it's really warranted, people will just simply start a new thread. I'm thinking of really common, basic topics like when to spay/neuter; my puppy is biting me, what do I do?; how much should I feed? and/or what are the best foods?; how do I train my puppy to walk on leash?; etc. - general type questions that get asked frequently.

You can still continue the conversation, ask more questions, and offer your experiences, there's nothing wrong with bumping up previous threads with new posts. I can't recall the topic, but there was one time where I saw 3 or 4 different threads in "Recent Topics" that were all covering the same thing, so they all had replies within the last 24 hours! All those people could have read and posted on ONE thread, shared their experiences together, and learned from each other, and people replying wouldn't have to post the same thing in 3 or 4 different places.

I can't speak for others, but I can only type the same answer to the same question over and over and over again so many times before I start getting annoyed or burned out, which is why I'll often point to a sticky thread instead, or find one of my previous posts on the topic and link to that rather than typing out yet another reply. I've even copied my previous replies before and re-posted them on new threads, but sometimes I don't have time or don't feel like taking the time to go track down what I wrote before, so I don't bother doing that. It's unfortunate, but we all only have so much time in the day.

Rua, I looked at your threads, and there were a lot that had quite a few replies. There were not as many replies on your recent pedigree and food questions, but there aren't that many people here who really know pedigrees, and the food you mentioned isn't available in the US so most people here probably haven't heard of it before. I wouldn't take that personally.
Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #107 (permalink)
Elite Member

I love Guinness. I had my very first one at an Irish festival a few years ago. Best beer I ever had.

I kinda know how you feel about thinking you said something wrong. I've posted questions and I get no replies, but I enjoy lurking, though, so I get enjoyment out of reading the old threads.

Finnian The Irish Lad WGSD: SAR
Abeni the Little Warrior: Pomeranian rescue.

"Res nos operor ut alius algo"
"Go mairidís beo"
Shaolin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #108 (permalink)
Rua
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy&Lucky's Mom View Post
Mine too! I also cant stand the canned bottle stuff. There used to be a bar called the Iron Kettle and there ST Pats day was legendary . They knew how to pour a guinness and a Black & Tan. I was to young to plan my trip beyond being at the Bachelor fest in Lisdovarnaso no distilleries on that trip. Hope to get there again. Music,booze from sun up to sun at the festival though. Spent some time in Lahinch. I had a distant cousin associated w/ a golf vourse . Had a great time.
Oooh...I'd love to do a bit of body boarding in Lahinch. I hear the surf there is good. We usually go to Mayo every year to do our boarding.

I have some family flying in from the US for a visit this year and we plan to take them to the Cliffs of Moher. Did you get to see them while you were in Clare?
Old 01-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #109 (permalink)
Rua
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy's Mom View Post

Rua, I looked at your threads, and there were a lot that had quite a few replies. There were not as many replies on your recent pedigree and food questions, but there aren't that many people here who really know pedigrees, and the food you mentioned isn't available in the US so most people here probably haven't heard of it before. I wouldn't take that personally.
All of a sudden my threads have gotten a lot of replies recently. But at the time I posted up this one, they (and many of my others from when I was on this forum many months ago) didn't have really anything on them. lol

I think this thread has catapulted me into fame.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #110 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Rua you are alone. I get the same here, and after a rant much worse then yours finally came to the conclusion that if they don't reply, I am not all bad. LOL

It was also explained to me that while folks might view a post, often times they don't reply because they may not have any valuable info to contribute. Since then I have looked at plenty of posts and rarely reply either, cause I have nothing to say or if I do, I just don't want to.

Zisso is my heart~Nadia is my Love~My kitties bring me everything in between~Together they bring me Joy!
Zisso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.