Do You Tip At Restaurants? - Page 12 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauri & The Gang View Post
If you REALLY want to highlight exceptional service, ask to talk to the manager at the end of your meal and tell them how GREAT the service was.

Managers usually get called to tables to listen to people bitch and moan about something.

We give good tips for great service but more importantly we let their BOSS know how good they were.
This this this!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #112 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rua View Post
I got minimum wage which was at least something. But all the tips (for the cleaning jobs) went to my boss. Who kept them for herself. I never saw a dime.

If I had complained or taken out my annoyance on any of the people I was cleaning for or looking after, I would have been sacked. Simple as that.
And you should have been.

I think most waitresses are not rude or annoyed with people most of the time, else they would be sacked, it is pretty much simple as that. It is also one thing to put up with attitude or behavior from retarded men or dying old people and their families. It is another thing altogether to put up with punk kids who grumble and are irritated, laughing at you, and screwing with their order, etc., when you are there because you are trying to scratch out a living. Most of the time, you can just stifle it and take care of people, but sometimes when your bad day coincides with an irritating punk's stupid, annoying behavior, it can spill out.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #113 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I did not get all of it sorry. My husband most of his time is defending our country but he never leaves with out giving a nice tip, but once This was a nasty girl and we left a penny. I have been there, done that (waitresses) and I see me daughter waiting on people now. Sad some people stink that bad, even if they get a job.
harmony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #114 (permalink)
Rua
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
And you should have been.

I think most waitresses are not rude or annoyed with people most of the time, else they would be sacked, it is pretty much simple as that. It is also one thing to put up with attitude or behavior from retarded men or dying old people and their families. It is another thing altogether to put up with punk kids who grumble and are irritated, laughing at you, and screwing with their order, etc., when you are there because you are trying to scratch out a living. Most of the time, you can just stifle it and take care of people, but sometimes when your bad day coincides with an irritating punk's stupid, annoying behavior, it can spill out.
This is very true. And I know what it's like to try and serve people who are being jerks to you first.

One thing I will say about American customer service is that it is far more superior than Irish customer service is, even on a bad day. Out here, the punk kids who grumble, are irritated and laugh at you ARE the servers. lol
Rua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #115 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I had a kid start out at 2.25 an hour, so I hope we tip. I never have anything to say about a nasty perosn much, they say enough for themselves.

Last edited by harmony; 01-12-2013 at 06:40 PM.
harmony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
One thing I will say about American customer service is that it is far more superior than Irish customer service is, even on a bad day. Out here, the punk kids who grumble, are irritated and laugh at you ARE the servers. lol
Yeah. As a general rule, I've had great customer service. Of course, I haven't travelled outside the country yet so I can't compare. But it's rare that I've had a complaint. The only one that stands out to me is an incident over the phone with Symantec. I asked about an extra charge for an antivirus subscription and the girl got really irate when asking how many computers I had.

I give 5 stars to Apple and Dyson. Their customer service reps reign supreme.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #117 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Once upon a time, when there was still stores that sold clothes and furniture and had a restaurant in one of the levels, my mom and sister and I were out shopping and stopped for dinner. My sister and I went for the AUCE fish fry. My mom finally gave up and went back to her shopping. My sister and I kept sending back for more fish.

I am not a fish eater but it was awesome. The service was also awesome. The waitress even went back and got the recipe for augratin broccoli for us.

We forgot to tip.

We were upstairs shopping when we remembered and came rushing down to tip.

Still forgetting was just bad all around.

The only worse thing I can remember is this church I was a member of, very small, Bible based, we met at the boy scout building. Anyhow a goodly sized group of us went after church to this restaurant, and usually we had one bill and just gave our amounts to one of the guys who paid the bill.

He walked out without paying.

The pastor and all these other people, probably 20 or more people, and he didn't pay. The guy went back in the middle of the week and paid for the group, but still that was really, really awful.

The things you remember.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #118 (permalink)
Rua
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLilyBean View Post

I give 5 stars to Apple and Dyson. Their customer service reps reign supreme.
Oh I know. Dyson customer service is incredible. Their 5 year guarantee rocks!!!
Rua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh I know. Dyson customer service is incredible. Their 5 year guarantee rocks!!!
Haha! Yes! And it definitely helps when the steel wool that comes off my dog doesn't tear up my vacuum for once!!

Old 01-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #120 (permalink)

I thinf if a sever makes a mistake,you could tip them less without stiffing them, if they are rude there is no excuse. You have to like people to be a good server and most are great. you can't pass it on when someone treats you bad. It never ceases to amaze me how some people will treat you. I have been called bad names. told I am fat and my hair looks bad. Things you would not say to some one in a office. Had a man last week tell I have put on some weight. just because I wait on you alot does not give the right to say such things. I told him I could always lose weight be he would still be ugly. That is why it is sometime hard to stay in a up mood. But the many nice one always make up for the bad.
Midnight12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.