Am I being unreasonable? - Page 6 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #51 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
i am old and jaded, but i disagree with some posts. whats the hurry? you are only 23, and there is every reason to believe you will live well into your eighties or even nineties, go out see some of the world, have some fun. imho, you haven't done enough living to know if this is what you want. some times the grass is greener on the other side.

Amen!!!! I keep telling my 21 yr old son exactly this!

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #52 (permalink)

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the advice! I'm feeling a lot better today. My fiancé is now being a stage 5 clinger and wants constant reassurance of my love for him.. Oh brother.

But now that I take a good look at it all, why am I in a rush to marry him or anyone at all? I don't really want him having half my stuff if this thing falls through. I guess I'm just going to see where things go. I'll be going places soon, and he can either come with me or go away.

It just hurts that I was so excited to marry him, and now that plan is out the window.

Oh well. Maybe it's time for a little bit of soul searching and time doing things I want to do.

Thanks again for all the advice! I was feeling so low and felt somehow I had done something wrong. You all helped me snap out of it and realize I'm pretty awesome, and some guy out there will be excited to marry me.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

Bella Von Sanders - Sable GSD - 04-21-12
Mocha, Josie, & Siri - three VERY spoiled house cats
dgray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #53 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgray View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the advice! I'm feeling a lot better today. My fiancé is now being a stage 5 clinger and wants constant reassurance of my love for him.. Oh brother.

But now that I take a good look at it all, why am I in a rush to marry him or anyone at all? I don't really want him having half my stuff if this thing falls through. I guess I'm just going to see where things go. I'll be going places soon, and he can either come with me or go away.

It just hurts that I was so excited to marry him, and now that plan is out the window.

Oh well. Maybe it's time for a little bit of soul searching and time doing things I want to do.

Thanks again for all the advice! I was feeling so low and felt somehow I had done something wrong. You all helped me snap out of it and realize I'm pretty awesome, and some guy out there will be excited to marry me.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
Amen Devan. You got alot to offer and you have alot of time ahead of you.

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #54 (permalink)
Master Member

Were you excited to marry him or were you excited to have a wedding???
So many girls fall into the "I just want to have a wedding" trap.

You're 23 you're a baby!!!!! You're not "getting left on the shelf", there's no rush!!
Take your time, you have a good job, go travel, buy a house for yourself and get a boyfriend that adores you.
If you 2 really loved each other this situation would not have come up - you will know that when you find your perfect partner!

The fact that you're upset about paying all the bills and you want to marry because you don't want to be paying for someone you're not gonna spend the rest of your life with is just not right at all.
Money should not come into the marriage equation at all - you do not get married because of who provides the money!
Btw all of my friends who got married in their early 20ties are now divorced - they all though they would be together forever
Would you rather be 23 and single or 30 and divorced already??
People change a lot in their mid to late 20ties and priorities really change, people grow up and often just grow apart!!

LOL My other half just yelled out 'Tell her no one should get married before they're 30" LOL (he's 36 and divorced from his first wife who he married in his early20ties)
Mooch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #55 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I had several friends who got married-even though they had serious doubts at the time-they are now divorced or separated-trust your judgement (sounds like you are doing that)-All the best to you
holland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.