German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   I Know, I am such a good friend, until I need help (vent) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/199673-i-know-i-am-such-good-friend-until-i-need-help-vent.html)

GatorBytes 01-08-2013 02:00 PM

I Know, I am such a good friend, until I need help (vent)

I am in a bind. I have a very very important thing to be at tomorrow. I asked my neighbour for help, she is aware of my situation, she balked and is putting me off - until tomorrow. So it's wait and see.

My anxiety is through the roof, I give up...absolutely nothing I have done, past, present (and for certain not in future any more!), holds any merit, or consciousness to anybody I have been there for - I am sick of this and I am done.

There is not one person I can count on for help, talk to, vent to...BUT, by all means when YOU need something AGAIN, my help AGAIN, someone to talk to AGAIN, please call me...Please, please give me the satisfaction of telling you...Pog Mo Thon

So, I don't want to hear anymore "what a good friend you are", "I couldn't have done this without you", "I don't know what I would have done" "my best friend" "such a good person"...blah blah - bullcrap! Call it for what it is, I am your sucker.

New year - I have to change, no longer the "go to" girl...Don't call me when you need a friend, call me when you want to be one...I am done.

I am so tired of being hurt

Thanks for listening to my rant:(

LaneyB 01-08-2013 02:03 PM

Sorry you are having a bad day. If I lived closer then I would come and help you tomorrow. Hope things get better for you.

Stevenzachsmom 01-08-2013 02:03 PM

I'm so sorry. It sounds like you need new friends. Like you, I try to be there for my friends and neighbors. Have say, my group really does reciprocate. Come to Maryland! We can hang. LOL!

Shade 01-08-2013 02:04 PM

That sucks :(. I hope it works out

As a last resort, pull the guilt trip. "I really need help, remember when I did ____, ______, and ____. I'm calling in those favours"

arycrest 01-08-2013 02:06 PM

I'm so sorry this is happening to you ... I hope your neighbor comes thru for you tomorrow. I'm cynical. I learned many years ago not to do stuff for others unless I want to do it with no expectations of having them return the favor/gift/whatever.

GOOD LUCK AND I HOME EVERYTHING WORKS OUT FOR YOU!!!

msvette2u 01-08-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

I learned many years ago not to do stuff for others unless I want to do it with no expectations of having them return the favor/gift/whatever.
This is an important life lesson to remember :)

kiya 01-08-2013 02:25 PM

Seriously, my husband and I learned a very long time ago, the only one you can count on is "yourself". In our case it's each other but thats it. Then it's not so devasting when some one lets you down.

Bear GSD 01-08-2013 03:24 PM

I am sorry that you are going through this. I hope that your friend (if they truly are) will be there for you tomorrow!
Big hugs to you : )

katdog5911 01-08-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arycrest (Post 2695513)
I learned many years ago not to do stuff for others unless I want to do it with no expectations of having them return the favor/gift/whatever.

This^^^^ Learned it the hard way but it is a lesson well learned.

Jax08 01-08-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shade (Post 2695481)

As a last resort, pull the guilt trip. "I really need help, remember when I did ____, ______, and ____. I'm calling in those favours"

I can't do that. I get to angry at the idea that a person should be helping because I need help and I helped them. So instead of asking again, I dig my heals in with "I'll do it myself and the **** with you". Then it takes me twice as long because I"m throwing things.

Gator - I hope your 'friend' steps up because she's your friend. One sided "friendships" stink. :(