Another frustrating moment at TSC. - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Member

Send a message via MSN to CelticGlory

And stores wonder why people shop online! I work in retail and have for five years; I'm not sure how they set up their inventory, but they should have someone or people that scan the shelves and it tells the system how much is needed. Whatever is added to the system that day is sent to the warehouse and shipped out. That is how normally stores do it, because the computer cannot tell when a shelf is empty, so they have to scan the shelves and peg's themselves!

It also depends on how much the item is selling, if it just sits on the shelf for a long time and only a handful of people actually buys it, a store/company may not keep it on the shelf anymore, because they are wasting space, and could be selling something else that could sale.

Last edited by CelticGlory; 01-07-2013 at 09:41 PM.
CelticGlory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I don't know, I buy 2 bags of it a week. I am running out tomorrow, so it is either feeding them chicken for two days or finding somewhere else. I looked at some of the on-line prices and they seem higher, and shipping is generally going to cost me a bundle.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Check out this thread : Buying food online . If you add up all the costs: gas, travel time (that you could be spending with your dogs), stress (not good for your health) that you are going through to get this food locally, you may find it is cheaper online. Many sites give a first time discount if you sign up for the standing order plan. They also offer free shipping on standing orders if it is over a certain amount. You can change the delivery dates, etc. on their website. You may need to switch food, but there are lots of recommendations here on the forum for different types.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Thanks, I have had food delivered for a couple of years.

Switching foods is not easy when you are switching a bunch. I couldn't find the food on the one site, so I looked at Diamond and found where they sell it on line, and it is seriously more expensive.
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
Old 01-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

You know what I'd do if I were you ... I'd go to the TOP of the food chain and send a snail mail letter expressing your problem with their new company policy:
James Wright,
CEO/Director/Chairman of the Board
Tractor Supply Company
200 Powell Place
Brentwood, TN, 37027
(615) 440-4000
Old 01-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Knighted Member

It was hard enough for me to switch brands with only 1 dog. It is easier if you can stay within the brand. Anyway, I was checking out my order at Chewy.com and looked up Diamond dog food. The Diamond Performance 40 lbs is $37.99 in stock - and free shipping is on orders over $49. That could at least help you until you found the specific kind you like. You could also try contacting them or another online retailer, asking that they stock it.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

In would be a haul for you but I frequent A Dogs Life in Chesterland....Ted the owner is outstanding.

A Dog's Life of Chesterland, LLC - All natural dog and cat products
Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #18 (permalink)
Master Member

Send a message via MSN to CelticGlory

Sue,

Is this the food you are talking about Diamond Naturals Extreme Athelete - Chicken & Rice - Free Shipping ? If so, if you get two bags or so they have free shipping for orders over $49. Also, it's only 2-day shipping!! You can also contact Diamond and see if they have any coupons they can send you or if they have coupons online on sites like retailmenot.com. That way you can get something off the purchase price and still have free shipping if the order is still over $49!

CelticGlory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGlory View Post
Sue,

Is this the food you are talking about Diamond Naturals Extreme Athelete - Chicken & Rice - Free Shipping ? If so, if you get two bags or so they have free shipping for orders over $49. Also, it's only 2-day shipping!! You can also contact Diamond and see if they have any coupons they can send you or if they have coupons online on sites like retailmenot.com. That way you can get something off the purchase price and still have free shipping if the order is still over $49!
Yes, that is the stuff. Only they are charging 46.99, TSC charges 37.99. I buy two bags of this and two bags of the chicken and rice which is about 29.99 Anyhow altogether with tax it is about $144/week. I am feeding 16 dogs on this food and they are all doing well. I don't want to mess with that. Even with the gas to get there, etc, I would spend a lot more at that site for four bags of food, even without paying for shipping. Shipping costs are built in.

Furthermore, I hate taking the business out of the county. We are so poor here, and people need those jobs. Buying over the internet should be cheaper in all because while it also employs people, it employs less people and there is less overhead. If it was considerably cheaper to purchase it that way, I probably would have to. But this is more expensive.

I just hate it when I am forced to take it out of the county if they don't have what I need when I need it.

I made out another rain check yesterday when I picked up the food. If I do the rain checks, it will probably pan out ok. They had 5 bags come in this week of the food and a skid of the chicken and rice. And most of it was on the shelf. If I keep my regular food on rain-checks, even though it is a pain, it should be there when I go to get it.
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.