Need Help - Update - Page 9 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #81 (permalink)
Banned

That is where I'm from, Jane. I'm from Mannheim. That's where I grew up.

You guys think it only affects him? It affects me just as much but I have to draw a line somewhere, I can't let it suck me down until nothing is left.

Everyone was trying to help him. His family, my friends, his friends, our friends. EVERYONE but he just doesn't learned from it.

I sent wink-wink a private message.

Like I said, there is a lot going on that I can't just put on here, not only in his career but also in our private life and having to sell one of my dogs is the breaking point.

He's had half a year to improve himself by being bared. Being barred is supposed to be a rehabilitation, instead he got himself demoted. The commander said he's judging him based off of his performance as a SPC but I think he just said what he knew we wanted to hear. I doubt he's going to stay in. If he's getting chaptered it'll probably under chapter 13

Last edited by Mrs.K; 01-01-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #82 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm in TX- where is Indra going to work?
Stosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #83 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I think we all understand that there is much much more behind the little bit you feel you can share Sandra....

I only wish I had a bigger house and some kennels so I could have someone like you stay with me and help me with day to day stuff and dogs.....maybe there is someone who is partially/temporarily disabled who needs a part time live in companion that you could work something out with....I know that sort of thing would be wonderful for me [but no room for someone else with more dogs here]

lee

wolfstraum.net

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #84 (permalink)
Banned

That is okay, Lee. Somehow I will go my way.

At least we have the hot water back but now it's the car. I just feel like everything is crashing down on us at once and I keep telling myself that selling Indra was the best for her but you just don't know that. You never know. I only know what Marcus is telling me and I do trust him. He basically arranged the sale and I know he's not dealing with bad people and vouched for me and my dog with his name. However that doesn't make me feel any better. I don't think I'm going to forgive myself for a very long time.

Last edited by Mrs.K; 01-03-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #85 (permalink)
Elite Member

Mrs. K, it definately sounds like you are going through a lot right now. It seems like you know your options. Make the best decision for yourself. Weigh the pros ad cons of all the situations and go with your gut instinct. I really wish you all the best. It sounds like it may be a tough road, life is short. Do what makes you happy. If things have been spiraling downward for a long time, then it is time for a change, whatever that may be. ((hugs))

Jackson- DDR/WGSL 5/5/10
Tinah vom Gildaf- DDR 4/29/13
PupperLove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 05:47 AM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

Well, I've made a decision. I talked to my trainer and helper. He's always honest and says how it is.

I asked him if he thinks that I am good enough to open a serious pet obedience business and he said "go for it!"
I talked to my mother and asked for permission to use her kennel name within my future kennel name.
Anyhow, I basically invest Indra's money into the business for advertisement etc.
On top of that I got registered wit Boces to take the GED in April. I need to be pro-active and why not do something I love anyways.
The local AKC only offers classes during the summer time. Winter and Spring, there is NOTHING going on. The other professional business is not bad but they can't help me. They are really good with Rescue Dogs and Behavioral Problems and have great dog aggression classes etc. So at this point I'd refer any serious behavioral issues to them and solely focus on the obedience part.

I also thought about a discount from military family to military family and about a "Rescue Special". So with the local prices and the Discounts I'm cheaper than anyone else and would still make a decent amount.
So both would get a good discount on any Services offered.

Cosgrove K9's

I got business cards, I'm getting something for the car, advertisement in the local newspaper, flyers that I will hang out in stores and I'm going to see that I can hang and lay something out at the local vet offices and talk to the rescues if they need trainers.

I also checked about the taxes, will get a business license and I'm good insurance wise.

Also, since I've already boarded several dogs, I am going to get reviews on that too.

...still can't believe I'm actually doing it. If I stay on top of this and win Ft.Drum this can work! Especially since we are a military family ourselves.
Attached Thumbnails
Need Help - Update-designall-3-.jpg   Need Help - Update-designall-4-.jpg  

Last edited by Mrs.K; 01-13-2013 at 05:56 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #87 (permalink)
Elite Member

Love the design of the business card. It catches the eye quickly. Even though Craigslist can be crappy, it's free, and it might prove to have a lead or two..Wishing you the best in your new venture...
ksotto333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #88 (permalink)
Elite Member

I did just think of one thing, hopefully people won't think you are limiting to German Shepherd training only, unless that is what you are intending..
ksotto333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #89 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Beautiful business card-all the best with it-Great idea-good for you!
holland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #90 (permalink)
Crowned Member

wishing you luck! I agree, CL exposure may help gain clients. Local dogparks too!
If I were younger, I'd want to do the same, but I'm not a people person and dealing with the owners can be frustrating, epecially when they aren't committed to training.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.