Need Help - Update - Page 8 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #71 (permalink)
Banned

There is a lot of history and it's not something thats coming out of the blue. I am still fighting for this relationship and I don't necessarily believe in divorce but there is a point where a woman has to do what a woman has to do.

However, I have news about Indra and I couldn't be happier. She's not going to be dual purpose. She is going to the police but as a SAR dog. It is what she lives and breaths for and she is going to TEXAS!

The irony of that is absolutely incredible since I really really want to move to Texas and my dog, my babygirl, is heading there without me AS A SEARCH DOG!!!

For her, this IS the best outcome for HER!
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #72 (permalink)
Knighted Member

That's awesome news. I hope they send you updates from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.K View Post
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #73 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
I AM REGISTERED!!! It starts Wednesday 1800
He said they will hire people out of the class, so I will put in extra effort to make sure that I'm one of those getting hired.

thats great!
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 02:12 AM   #74 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
There is a lot of history and it's not something thats coming out of the blue. I am still fighting for this relationship and I don't necessarily believe in divorce but there is a point where a woman has to do what a woman has to do.

However, I have news about Indra and I couldn't be happier. She's not going to be dual purpose. She is going to the police but as a SAR dog. It is what she lives and breaths for and she is going to TEXAS!

The irony of that is absolutely incredible since I really really want to move to Texas and my dog, my babygirl, is heading there without me AS A SEARCH DOG!!!

I would not give up so much over a dog and, there are some really good dogs out there, I bet I could find one in my pack you asking for, but never give up the peson that loves you. Unless it a couple thing...
harmony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 03:49 AM   #75 (permalink)

Ok I am a little confused here. I read both threads and all I see is that somehow your husband screwed up, pissed off the command but I do not understand how. He would have had to do something pretty serious to be demoted (at least in the Air force, but based on your rank abbreviations I am guessing Army) I am just trying to understand what happened. Also was this his first deployment? Being in a combat zone REALLY messes with you. Being away from your family, being shot at, explosions day and night, watching your back 24/7 it really REALLY messes with you and it changes you. Speaking purely on experience, it def tried my wife and I, and our relationship and still is some days. It is def not easy and what a lot of people don't understand is that deployments don't only adversly effect the serviceman, the family suffors too. Not knowing what is going on, not being able to call us direct at your whim, days sometimes weeks without contact really is tough on a family! So I completely understand what your going through. (even the removal from service I understand because I was involuntarily seperated from active duty and then I re enlisted in the Air National Guard doing the same job). I would like to ask what he did to get this type of punishment. (If your not comfortable saying you can PM me or tell me mind my business and that would be 100% acceptable!) but you can always respond to punishment, request clemency, and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS utilize the legal/JAG office for ANY type of help!!!!!! ALWAYS ask to speak to a lawyer ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another thing that I might offer is that as long he is not being "Dishonorably Discharged" than he has not ruined it all. a Dishonorable is easily the worst case scenario and is almost as bad as being a felon but "other than honorable, honorable with conditions, involuntary under honorable conditions" are all possibilities as well and every one of those are just fine, he still gets veteran's preference (which adds 5-points to a job application, 10 if he is a disabled vet which he can obtain from a VA disability rating. The VA disability can be obtained for almost anythign that has happened in his career ESPECIALLY deployments, PTSD is serious and if it is a high enough disability rating (100% is about $3,000 untaxed a month lpus kids/spouse all ratings can be founf on the VA compensation website).

Another tip or pointer is if he knows he is getting out, there are TONS of places for him to start aplpying for jobs. The VA has job fairs CONSTANTLY and has programs/incentives for companies hiring vets. Another HUGE website that I HIGHLY RECOOMEND getting on IMMEDIATELY is www.USAJOBS.GOV Set up a resume and tailor it towards specific jobs that he is applying for. That is the website that the federal government uses to hire for its agencies. I currently work for the Department of Justice under the Federal Bureau of Prisons as a Corrections officer. I am also in the NJ Air National Guard. NJ is a VERY VERY VERY expensive place to live! My wife doesn't work and I have 2 kids one on the way and we are making it...

Basically I am saying there is hope, it can be hard and trying at times but there is always hope! I pray for the best for you and if you need any further assistance with any of the info I put above, feel free to PM me or hit me up on here as I check this site just about every night!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:01 AM   #76 (permalink)
Banned

Why does it matter what he's done. It was serious enough for him to get demoted and that clearly doesn't need to be put on this forum. I put enough information on here as it is already. It happened, he's barred, got demoted, that's all the information that's needed. What he did, doesn't belong on here.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:05 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Why does it matter what he's done. It was serious enough for him to get demoted and that clearly doesn't need to be put on this forum. I put enough information on here as it is already. It happened, he's barred, got demoted, that's all the information that's needed. What he did, doesn't belong on here.

I asked not to offend or upset but to try to offer help. I understand it must be serious if he was demoted and barred, but that stuff is ALWAYS challangeable. If it was challenged or he requested clemency and won either part, he could potentially be un barred and returned to SGT. I was not trying to pry or upset you I promise, simply trying to offer some support and help. I too was told I was unable to reenlist and I was demoted in 2003...It is now 2013 and I am above the rank I was demoted from, and still serving... I was just trying to offer that it is not always the end as easily as that. Sorry if I offended or upset you ma'am
Old 01-01-2013, 04:17 AM   #78 (permalink)
Banned

xxxx

Last edited by Mrs.K; 01-01-2013 at 04:20 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #79 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

I do think wink wink was trying to be genuinely helpful. My own SIL has a "less than honorable" discharge when he went AWOL after falling face first into a rotting corpse and then getting zero psychological help to deal with his nightmares.

Call him weak, whatever you want, he was a kid and he was affected by this experience and had no where to turn for help. He is a fine young man, good father and husband to my daughter, solid citizen, graduated college (but with a lot of debt because his enlistment counted for nothing), and holds a steady job.

I cannot even begin to imagine what those with multiple deployments must be going through. What they must hold in. And what implications may be of admitting any weakness and asking for help.

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #80 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My pastor is in Mannheim,Germany right now dealing with the injured. He's a chaplain in the Air Guard. Dealing with these soldiers is taking quite a toll on him, and he's only been there since October.
I can't imagine the individual situations/problems that they are going through, and there should be mandatory psych help for each one if they are in need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.