Need Help - Update - Page 7 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #61 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmasMom View Post
That sounds great. Especially with tax season coming up. They will be really busy. Like Krystal said, Where there is a will, there is a way.
I was lucky they have an evening class on top of the day class.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 09:52 AM   #62 (permalink)
Crowned Member

for you Mrs.K
Loneforce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #63 (permalink)
Master Member

I know somebody who did the tax thing in the evenings after work. If you are as intelligent as you sound, you should do very well. Some people only work during tax season (many hours a day), and that is enough for their whole year. Good luck!!!!

I hope everything works out.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned

They said they will hire people out of the tax school. So let's hope I can land one of the jobs. I just told my family that I let go of one of the girls and mom said she wouldn't have done it and that she can help but at the same time it won't solve the problem. It would be a bandaid and I can't expect to get money for a lifestyle when I can't afford it and let's face it. Owning four dogs is a luxury because it is expensive. Working them in SchH or SAR is a luxury. I can't continue doing it. It isn't fair to my friends, family or to my dogs. If I need help I better make adjustments so I can pull myself out of the mess I gotten mmy yself into.

His choices may have destroyed his career, but my choices eat up a lot of money. So if I expect my husband to improve and change, then I have to make some changes too.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #65 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

I think that is a very realistic attitude, particularly since you were able to find good working homes -- so is it Nala and Yukon now that you wind up with?

I had a twelve year delay from when I wanted to start SAR and when I actually did due to kids, sick mother in law, and financial constraints. One thing I wish I had done during that time was really really really focus on turning myself into a lean athlete. I never did and still am not and it is one of the things I regret most over the years. You can do that free but it requires a ton of effort.

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles

Last edited by jocoyn; 12-31-2012 at 12:21 PM.
jocoyn is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 12:47 PM   #66 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocoyn View Post
I think that is a very realistic attitude, particularly since you were able to find good working homes -- so is it Nala and Yukon now that you wind up with?

I had a twelve year delay from when I wanted to start SAR and when I actually did due to kids, sick mother in law, and financial constraints. One thing I wish I had done during that time was really really really focus on turning myself into a lean athlete. I never did and still am not and it is one of the things I regret most over the years. You can do that free but it requires a ton of effort.
Yes, Nala and Yukon are the ones I'm keeping. I know people probably won't understand since I've had Indra since she's a puppy. I could have sold Nala of the spot but I have a better connection to her and she is the better dog.

Indra is very attached to me and I talked to the helper today. She's grieving badly, was laying by the door all night waiting for me to come back, tried to get out of the yard, didn't eat, etc. So she may end up giving such a poor performance that they may not end up taking her after-all and I told them that I will instantly take her back. If they don't want her, she's coming back.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #67 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Just reading that makes me want to cry. Lots of hugs to you.
-Pippa Von Neurotic Butt- GSD
-Tessa- 11yo GSD- Waiting at the Bridge. RIP sweet girl.
DharmasMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #68 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Mrs. K, in reading your reply to my post - I just want to clarify that I was agreeing with you that if some of the dogs need new homes, they need new homes. I think everyone knows you aren't going to dump them in the pound and lets be realistic, dogs adjust to new homes really well 99% of the time.

I just hope you don't give up on your husband because of a demotion, even if you think he caused it or earned it. Military must be much like the police - it's a hard job, things can get to you, and it can cause problems years down the road. Many men (especially men) don't want to admit it or ask for help, even when pressured as to "what's wrong?" Talk to him and give it some time, see how things play out. Maybe they will settle down and it will all be for the best. I don't think rehoming a couple of the dogs is a bad idea, and if it turns out it was unnecessary, then perhaps it will still have been for the best.

They are expensive, yes a luxury owning so many (trust me I know!) and unfortunately as much as they give us, they also take away time with human family members, resources, time in general to do other things family/friend related, etc. Sometimes I hate thinking about how much time I spend just taking care of them (grooming, cleaning, just general maintenance). As far as sport work goes, I found myself regretting the time away from my family just to do one class (dock diving) with my mali. My husband was burning earned time off to stay home with our son so i could go to class, and I hated that he was using vacation time so I could take a dog to dog class. It just wasn't worth it for me. Mine have all got great obedience and socialization, so for the time being they are just happy healthy pets.
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #69 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.K View Post
I could try to get this one. This tax office is within an hour of walking distance.
Office Staff

Might open the door to a career. Does anyone have experience with any of this?

Only problem is that I have my appointment for the biometrics the exact same day but I'll call.
About 10 years ago I enrolled in an H&R Block class, just for my own learning. I realized I missed a tax deduction from the year earlier and end up getting $1000.00 back in overpaid taxes.

At the end of class they asked if we wanted to work for the tax season. I did on the weekends and a couple nights per week. The pay was not that good, just above minimum wage. You could make more money by selling their Rapid Refund service, but I'm not good at sales, I was too practical and would just tell the people to wait two weeks for their refund and save themselves some money. I think it could have led to something more, but I was committed to help my husband with his business. Good Luck Mrs K.
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 02:24 PM   #70 (permalink)
Banned

The truth about the possible divorce situation is that none of us know the dynamics of their every day relationship. There are obviously other underlying issues that have led to tension and pent up frustration and the demotion was the final strike that caused the idea of divorce.

A person who puts so much thought and care into every decision for her dogs would not make a huge decision, like divorce, on a whim.

The one problem with posting on the forum is none of us have been there to witness their relationship or know of other issues between them.
x0emiroxy0x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.