Need Help - Update - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #41 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.K View Post
So don't give me "Watertown is pretty darn cheap to live in."
For us it is NOT cheap. People do take advantage of the military and if they can, they will suck every cent you have, out of you!
Um, people were suggesting moving to a lower cost area..........Watertown already has a pretty low COL......................if you add in moving cost you probably aren't going to find all that many areas of the US where you are going to find lower COL that will have a significant impact on your lifestyle.........
GSDElsa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #42 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Wait. Did you rehome Indra?
-Pippa Von Neurotic Butt- GSD
-Tessa- 11yo GSD- Waiting at the Bridge. RIP sweet girl.
DharmasMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #43 (permalink)
Crowned Member

??? sorry - the COL in your town has nothing to do with your husbands financial commitments....

I understand how upset you are....I went through a divorce after supporting my husband through veterinary school, and lost my horses over it - I managed to hang onto one by working 2 jobs for a long time...it still haunts me that the gelding I "retired" with a nice family just vanished, along with the people - the other one I gave to a professor at the vet school that I was friends with and he kept her until she passed at 27....

I would think part of your issues in finding work are that you are a military wife and perhaps working papers??? The kennel job or a job on a horse farm that offers housing may be something that you could do if you do split up....

I do empathize with you....have been in untenable situation myself and I know how bleak it can be...

Lee
Csabre Sch1, Hexe Sch2, SG Bengal, Komet, Kira HGH & Kougar v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia BH ~ ATB Basha Sch3 IPO3, Danger Sch1 RH SAR ~ Kougar Sch3, Kyra Sch3, Cito Sch2, Alice Sch1, Kelsey CD, Ret ~ Fenja Sch3s

wolfstraum.net
wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #44 (permalink)

There are several delivery jobs listed in Watertown on Craigslist ... also house cleaning and such.

watertown all jobs classifieds - craigslist
Chimanes Spice it Up Piquin (Kaynya) - Chinese Crested
Nator von Triton HIC CGC (Mauser) - LC GSD
Piquins Some Like it Hot (Spike) – Chinese Crested
Piquins Too Hot To Handle - (Fuego) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Wasabi (Sabi) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Super Hot (Clark) - Chinese Crested
Banzai, Cloe, Mocha - Felines Extraordinaire
Neke, Tessa, Remi, Sadie, Riggs, Sasha, Tazer - DK, Mozart, Zoe - Gone but not forgotten
Lauri & The Gang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #45 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Mrs. K - so sorry you are having to go through this.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
??? sorry - the COL in your town has nothing to do with your husbands financial commitments....

I understand how upset you are....I went through a divorce after supporting my husband through veterinary school, and lost my horses over it - I managed to hang onto one by working 2 jobs for a long time...it still haunts me that the gelding I "retired" with a nice family just vanished, along with the people - the other one I gave to a professor at the vet school that I was friends with and he kept her until she passed at 27....

I would think part of your issues in finding work are that you are a military wife and perhaps working papers??? The kennel job or a job on a horse farm that offers housing may be something that you could do if you do split up....

I do empathize with you....have been in untenable situation myself and I know how bleak it can be...

Lee
Thanks Lee.

That is basically what I'm doing right now. Sacrificing two, to be able to keep two. I have to be realistic. I know what it means to live in a low cost area in and around Watertown, we've been there and done that, which is why we bought the house. Watertown bases it's rent off of the BAH of military families and to find something with four Shepherds, is merely impossible. Especially if you don't have a steady job.

We've lived here for two years now, made multiple moves because of the dogs. It's going to be easier with two, especially if we split. I just have to be realistic. It's not easy, but I have to do whats right for the dogs.

She is most likely going to be a dual purpose dog. She'll have a real job, the buyer is a good guy. He loves her pedigree, he loves her work ethic.

MaDeuce will either be sold as single purpose or possibly donated to a K9Unit. Since I got her for free, I'd feel better with the donation if it goes through.

So it's not like I dumped them on craigslist or at the pound. I put them with people I fully trust and know that the dogs are going to be in good hands.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #47 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Mrs. K. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I have no helpful advice. Just know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Praying that God will guide you in the difficult decisions you need to make and everything will start to fall into place.

Hugs!
Jan
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #48 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmasMom View Post
Wait. Did you rehome Indra?

yes she did.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZoppa View Post
yes she did.

Yes, I did.

Being realistic is nothing to be ashamed of. If we stay together and he can stay in the military, we can rent out the house and move on post. With four dogs, we can't. If he doesn't stay in, and we stay together, it's going to be easier for us to find a place. If we don't stay together, it'll be easier for me.

It's hard. If I had known whats gong to happen, I would have never taken onto MaDeuce. But I have her, she has potential, if I can place her with a purpose, that's a win for everyone involved.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #50 (permalink)
Knighted Member

If nothing else, you were MaDeuce's walkway to a better life. It sounds like you will be able to get her some place where she will be taken care of and will get to work.

And if you had to rehome Indra, at least it sounds like she will be getting to do what she loves as well.

Men. Ugh. Thanks for reminding me why I stay single though.
-Pippa Von Neurotic Butt- GSD
-Tessa- 11yo GSD- Waiting at the Bridge. RIP sweet girl.
DharmasMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.