How to get someone to see the big picture.. - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master Member

So I finally got an update. I went over tonight while her parents were in town and we've been filled in. When the police showed up they brought social services with them, thankfully for her no drugs were found in the house. He got arrested and she was given a temporary peace bond against him. The social worker advised her that they will now be making random inspections over the next few months and because of his record, if he is found on the premises they will revoke her license.

She said she had a meeting with her parents (of the day care kids) and explained what was going on because of course the kids are going to go home and talk about meeting police officers, said they appreciated her honesty and are continuing services (for now). She's also planning on getting a restraining order as soon as she can and has a meeting with a lawyer Monday to discuss custody and dissolving their relationship.

Instead of having to make "that" phone call, I called my dad and asked him for advice and suggested before doing anything drastic to let her parents know what was going on because this isn't a battle I was going to win on my own. So we staged a mini intervention, I had my action plan complete with just in case appointments made, resources in our area and what can happen if she ignores it.

I walked away with not a friend who thinks I'm setting out to destroy her life but one who hugged me and thanked me for realizing that she was hardly keeping her head above the water. The next few months are going to be rough and I pray that she finds the inner strength to make a better life for herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Courtney M.
Gaia-GSD 03/09/2012
Cuervo vom Kiebitzende 07/01/2013
gaia_bear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I sure hope he stays in custody so he won't retaliate on you or her and her family, her clients or their children. Thank you for being such a good friend to her. Prayers of safety for you all.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
Master Member

He's probably already out. He's more of a poor me type person so I can't see any sort of retaliation, he'll just try to guilt his way into someone else's life. It's been quite the ride but hopefully happier days are ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Courtney M.
Gaia-GSD 03/09/2012
Cuervo vom Kiebitzende 07/01/2013
gaia_bear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Good Job. Glad it worked out the way it did for her AND for her and you!
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

You did great. Thank you for being such a good friend, I am glad that she is getting the help and she needs and that the kids will be okay!
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #26 (permalink)
Elite Member

Great job, and I'm so happy to hear that your friend saw what you were trying to do. Yeah, he's probably out already, and you will have to help your friend stay strong.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.