this time of year sucks.. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Elite Member

Unhappy this time of year sucks..

but I sure am glad I have my dog.

I usually love this time of year...but this year I am not feeling it.

It doesn't feel like Christmas either because there is barely any snow.

This is the first Christmas I am alone in a long while, and I guess it's just hitting me. Not only that, but my ex is still in my life (just causing more harm than good unfortunately) and is just amplifying my loneliness. He has had me waiting for 6 months now..saying he wants to be with me but we aren't together. Just in this wierd friendship but almost dating but not situation? It's really stressing me out but really hard to let go because I was with him for so long...and wanted to make it work. But I am really just feeling like an idiot. I should know better, and I do, but things are a lot easier said than done. -sigh-

Atleast I have Berlin to focus all my energy and time on. I spoiled the crap out of him. He deserves it, after all he IS the main man in my life.

Just needed to rant..

Anyways, happy holidays everyone
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

If he couldn't make a decision,I would have kicked him to the curb long ago.
What are you planning for tomorrow?
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm sorry. I hope 2013 is better for you. We're not feeling it this year either. 2012 has just been a really lousy year. The only reason we're even doing ANYTHING for Christmas this year is for my kids. Hope its gets better.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZoppa View Post
I'm sorry. I hope 2013 is better for you. We're not feeling it this year either. 2012 has just been a really lousy year. The only reason we're even doing ANYTHING for Christmas this year is for my kids. Hope its gets better.
Thank you, same to you. I sure hope it is, this year has been so terrible for me..I think I would be perfectly content doing nothing for christmas this year also. I feel so un-festive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharrissc View Post
If he couldn't make a decision,I would have kicked him to the curb long ago.
What are you planning for tomorrow?
I did at one point, but he came back into my life and has since been just been giving me false hopes. I really just need to move on from this and start 2013 fresh. Anyways, tomorrow, I have a family party with my huge extended family. I am not looking forward to it so much, because I have to leave Berlin home But in the morning I will be with my family, and dogs, opening presents. I can't wait for Ber to open all his
Old 12-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

I feel you! And well it never snows here so getting into Christmas is always hard for me having grown up in the Midwest.

I'm also really sick, I'm on antibiotics right now and just feel like ****... My system is so sensitive it drives me crazy! So I'll probably be alone tomorrow while my husband is at dinner with his family, mine live on the other side of the country and I haven't seen them in years. But I'll have my Ollie baby and my whole furry flock to keep me company, lol. I can't be sad with a goofy fluffy puppy around! My husband would stay home with me if I asked him too but I don't want him to miss out being with his family on my account.

And I agree I think the "boyfriend" needs the boot though I DO understand how hard letting go can be but sometimes guys(and girls too) will be jerks like that and just string you along because they know they can.

I hope things get better for you but in the meantime give Berlin(who could be Ollie's twin btw ) lots of lovin'!
Carriesue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It has been a tough season this year.

This too shall pass.

I was wrapping presents a little while ago, and my dad had some horrible mystery/disappearance show on, and I couldn't take it. I let that finish but told him I wanted something less gruesome on. We finished It's a Wonderful Life, and that was a lot better. Now the Christmas Story is on. It really makes a difference to the overall mood.

What is your background noise? Is it bringing you down?

I still have piles of wrapping to do. So I am procrastinating again.

Jenna, RN CGC & Babs, CD RA CGC HIC
Heidi, RA CGC
SG3 Odessa, SchH1, Kkl1, AD
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 12:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Well if it helps you smile some, I pulled a Scrooge move last night and told some carolers to shut up and shove it. Horrified looks from those around me but it actually kind of helped! Had taken the kids to the electric safari at our local zoo and a ground of people decided to start singing before we were all allowed in. Immediately annoyed, I pulled a scrooge. Its okay to be less than festive sometimes. I think it allows us a break to breath a little bit.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 12:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
It has been a tough season this year.

This too shall pass.

I was wrapping presents a little while ago, and my dad had some horrible mystery/disappearance show on, and I couldn't take it. I let that finish but told him I wanted something less gruesome on. We finished It's a Wonderful Life, and that was a lot better. Now the Christmas Story is on. It really makes a difference to the overall mood.

What is your background noise? Is it bringing you down?

I still have piles of wrapping to do. So I am procrastinating again.
Too cute on Animal Planet is my background noise. Definitely not bringing me down! lol!

But I do agree, that can make the difference. I love holiday movies and they really help make it feel like Christmas. Maybe I should watch Elf or something.....

I finished all my wrapping the other day..took me all night. I am the worst wrapper ever! Luckily, my family and dogs dont care!

Thanks Selzer, i agree this too shall pass.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriesue View Post
I feel you! And well it never snows here so getting into Christmas is always hard for me having grown up in the Midwest.

I'm also really sick, I'm on antibiotics right now and just feel like ****... My system is so sensitive it drives me crazy! So I'll probably be alone tomorrow while my husband is at dinner with his family, mine live on the other side of the country and I haven't seen them in years. But I'll have my Ollie baby and my whole furry flock to keep me company, lol. I can't be sad with a goofy fluffy puppy around! My husband would stay home with me if I asked him too but I don't want him to miss out being with his family on my account.

And I agree I think the "boyfriend" needs the boot though I DO understand how hard letting go can be but sometimes guys(and girls too) will be jerks like that and just string you along because they know they can.

I hope things get better for you but in the meantime give Berlin(who could be Ollie's twin btw ) lots of lovin'!
I dont think I could handle no snow, as crazy as that sounds! I hate the cold, but I love snow. Sorry your feeling under the weather! I'm in the same boat over here..my immune system seems to have decided to stop working or something, I just can't fight off whatever I have.

And exactly- no matter how hard you try- a fluffy puppy always has the ability to cheer you up! Mine always does

I guess it is hard to just actually come to the realization that someone you care about can be so heartless to do such a thing...but people never fail to surprise me these days..

Anyways, thanks! Ber will get lots of lovin! Him and Ollie do look like twins hehe.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZoppa View Post
Well if it helps you smile some, I pulled a Scrooge move last night and told some carolers to shut up and shove it. Horrified looks from those around me but it actually kind of helped! Had taken the kids to the electric safari at our local zoo and a ground of people decided to start singing before we were all allowed in. Immediately annoyed, I pulled a scrooge. Its okay to be less than festive sometimes. I think it allows us a break to breath a little bit.
Haha! I can only imagine the look on their faces! Makes me feel better. I swear, sometimes going full out in holiday spirit for a month straight is like a full time job. Its hard!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.