this time of year sucks.. - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2012, 12:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member
 
KZoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 18,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdlover91 View Post
Haha! I can only imagine the look on their faces! Makes me feel better. I swear, sometimes going full out in holiday spirit for a month straight is like a full time job. Its hard!

it really is hard sometimes!!! hug your pup and get some puppy kisses. dont have to be all smiles all the time. Pull a scrooge if you have to.
__________________
http://www.KrystalZPhotography.weebly.com
www.KrystalZ.nerium.com
Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-25-2012, 12:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Muneraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 220
Default

I was having a lot of trouble getting in the spirit earlier on. But tonight we hung out with my sister and her partner, laughing at their cats and opening presents. And I came home and put the televised yule log on and decided that my Christmas doesn't look like most people's maybe, but there are two humans, three cats and four dogs in this house and they all love each other. And if money is a little tight or the world seems a little extra mean this year, well, we still all have each other and a televised yule log and toasted cheese sandwiches. And I just felt better.

SO hug your dogs and do something a little cozy and I hope everyone feels a little bit better about the holiday.
Muneraven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 12:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member
 
arycrest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 9,465
Default

I've got Christmas Story on too ... "You'll shoot your eye out!"

I have absolutely no Christmas spirit this year ... kind of depressing. I bought toys and treats for the Hooligans and have not gotten one single gift for the humans.

Wishing everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!
__________________
Gayle ... Slider, Bruiser, Faith & Ledgie
At the Bridge: Andy, Abbey, Tasha, Tex, Echo, Yukon, JR, Too, Niki, Bo, Ringer, Kelly, Honey & Mac
arycrest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 02:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member
 
selzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denmark, Ohio
Posts: 25,120
Default

Well, the old folks are getting, well, old. So they have these surgeries, and aches, and pains, and serious fatigue, and I think last year Dad fell really bad on Christmas, and again on Easter, and every year the trees get smaller and smaller. And he says every year that this will be the last tree. And every year he hurts himself.

Compound it that they lost Cujo a few days ago, and you can understand that when I saw the bush that was on the porch yesterday, I was really concerned.

Today it was brought into the house and set into a stand. He had to go down in the basement to his machine shop and make some new bolts because the ones that came with the tree stand wouldn't work with such a small trunk.

The bush is shorter than me. And, well it looks kind of like me: short, dumpy, fat on the bottom.

Dad took garden shears to the bottom of it. It looked like it was totally flat on one side. Dad even says it is an awful tree, it will give Mark something to talk about. But after 3 hours and some lights, and garland, it really doesn't look all that bad.

Ok, it is still a bush. But it is at least a Christmas Bush.

I got the presents wrapped for Leslie, Devon, Madalyn, Dominic, Wesley, Rodney, Michael, Analisa and Elena. I got some of Erin's and Andrea's done. And I have Gwennie to do yet. I am wrapping for both my parents and me. We are only buying for the kids. For the adults I have the buckets of cookies I made yesterday.

It is 2AM and I am getting there.

Not exactly in the Christmas Spirit, and Babsy needs to go out and potty. But it could be worse. I could be out buying crap I suppose. I only went to Tractor Supply today to put in 4 bags of dog food. Other than that, I hit the post office. When I got to Mom's she was paying bills, she asked me to call and ask how late they were going to be open. Well it was 3:25 and the lady answered and said they closed at 12:00. Uhg! So I asked when the last pick up was. They said it's all been picked up. She asked me if I was in town, and how quick I could be there. I told her 3:35. So she said I could come round back and ring the bell. I was there at 3:31. After a thank you and a Merry Christmas, I left for the dog food.

Staying away from stores improves my Christmas Spirit.

I don't know that procrastination helps. But it just keeps happening.
__________________
Jenna, RN CGC & Babs, CD RA CGC HIC
Heidi, RA CGC
SG3 Odessa, SchH1, Kkl1, AD
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah

Last edited by selzer; 12-25-2012 at 02:11 AM.
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 06:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Jenkintown,Pa.
Posts: 15,199
Default

when unwrap letting go it's going to be the best
present ever.
doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member
 
Daisy&Lucky's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,829
Default

gsdlover91 Hope the New Year brings you some resolution and a much better and happier New Year.BTW your morning plans sound wonderful. Much like my Christmas' have been for many years . we always do the inlaws on Christmas day so my Christmas AM is my time.

Selzer: Im so sorry your parents lost Cujo.I always enjoy your stories of him and your parents and your dogs.

Not the greatest holiday here either my MIL passed away on Friday and its difficult and tommorow is calling hours and Thursday the funeral.My husband is having a tough tough time.
__________________
Daisy 11/26/99-7/25/12-

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
KanesCash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arycrest View Post
I've got Christmas Story on too ... "You'll shoot your eye out!"

I have absolutely no Christmas spirit this year ... kind of depressing. I bought toys and treats for the Hooligans and have not gotten one single gift for the humans.

Wishing everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!
same here, a bit late but i just ordered some antlers for the boys and that was basically the only "gift" i bought.
and it does not feel like christmas here at all, its not really that cold, no snow, oh well, at least i had the days off from work and was able to run a few more miles with the boys
KanesCash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Crowned Member
 
selzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denmark, Ohio
Posts: 25,120
Default

I got nothing for the dogs. Usually I do something, an ear, a new collar, a bag of doggy treats. I have gone so far as to get new cots, and orthopedic pet beds, but that was back when the economy was better.

Ingrid busted out of her crate yesterday morning, opened the back door and proceeded to drag one of my kennel shoes, my broom, and some other junk out into Near Field before I cut her antics short. Little does she know that her butt is getting a BATH, as she has been invited to a doing on New Year's day.

I thought about bringing Babsy here for the day, but she would have to stay in my SUV all day. I could let her out a few times to potty, but my parents wouldn't want me to have the dog in here with a kajilion people. I figured she is better off laying on my bed, and I will take off after dinner for a little while to let her out.

I am sitting next to the tree waiting for the people to descend here.
__________________
Jenna, RN CGC & Babs, CD RA CGC HIC
Heidi, RA CGC
SG3 Odessa, SchH1, Kkl1, AD
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Elite Member
 
gsdlover91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,778
Default

Thanks guys Christmas was actually better. I had a really good day, I was just happy to give everyone gifts, especially my little hunk!! He loved Christmas so much, he didn't even know what to do with all his new toys and treats.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy&Lucky's Mom View Post
gsdlover91 Hope the New Year brings you some resolution and a much better and happier New Year.BTW your morning plans sound wonderful. Much like my Christmas' have been for many years . we always do the inlaws on Christmas day so my Christmas AM is my time.

Not the greatest holiday here either my MIL passed away on Friday and its difficult and tommorow is calling hours and Thursday the funeral.My husband is having a tough tough time.
Thank you, the morning plans were wonderful! It's always nice to just spend quality time with your family. Its not something that happens often anymore..Sorry to hear about your mother in law (hope I got that right lol), thats always hard around the holidays. Wish you and your husband well, and hope you guys have a good new year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
Well, the old folks are getting, well, old. So they have these surgeries, and aches, and pains, and serious fatigue, and I think last year Dad fell really bad on Christmas, and again on Easter, and every year the trees get smaller and smaller. And he says every year that this will be the last tree. And every year he hurts himself.

Compound it that they lost Cujo a few days ago, and you can understand that when I saw the bush that was on the porch yesterday, I was really concerned.

Today it was brought into the house and set into a stand. He had to go down in the basement to his machine shop and make some new bolts because the ones that came with the tree stand wouldn't work with such a small trunk.

The bush is shorter than me. And, well it looks kind of like me: short, dumpy, fat on the bottom.

Dad took garden shears to the bottom of it. It looked like it was totally flat on one side. Dad even says it is an awful tree, it will give Mark something to talk about. But after 3 hours and some lights, and garland, it really doesn't look all that bad.

Ok, it is still a bush. But it is at least a Christmas Bush.

I got the presents wrapped for Leslie, Devon, Madalyn, Dominic, Wesley, Rodney, Michael, Analisa and Elena. I got some of Erin's and Andrea's done. And I have Gwennie to do yet. I am wrapping for both my parents and me. We are only buying for the kids. For the adults I have the buckets of cookies I made yesterday.

It is 2AM and I am getting there.

Not exactly in the Christmas Spirit, and Babsy needs to go out and potty. But it could be worse. I could be out buying crap I suppose. I only went to Tractor Supply today to put in 4 bags of dog food. Other than that, I hit the post office. When I got to Mom's she was paying bills, she asked me to call and ask how late they were going to be open. Well it was 3:25 and the lady answered and said they closed at 12:00. Uhg! So I asked when the last pick up was. They said it's all been picked up. She asked me if I was in town, and how quick I could be there. I told her 3:35. So she said I could come round back and ring the bell. I was there at 3:31. After a thank you and a Merry Christmas, I left for the dog food.

Staying away from stores improves my Christmas Spirit.

I don't know that procrastination helps. But it just keeps happening.
I stay away from the stores too! I cant stand them this time of year! Sorry about your parents losing Cujo. Hope you had a good Christmas, and have a good new year as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arycrest View Post
I've got Christmas Story on too ... "You'll shoot your eye out!"

I have absolutely no Christmas spirit this year ... kind of depressing. I bought toys and treats for the Hooligans and have not gotten one single gift for the humans.

Wishing everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Shopping for the dogs is more fun, anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muneraven View Post
I was having a lot of trouble getting in the spirit earlier on. But tonight we hung out with my sister and her partner, laughing at their cats and opening presents. And I came home and put the televised yule log on and decided that my Christmas doesn't look like most people's maybe, but there are two humans, three cats and four dogs in this house and they all love each other. And if money is a little tight or the world seems a little extra mean this year, well, we still all have each other and a televised yule log and toasted cheese sandwiches. And I just felt better.

SO hug your dogs and do something a little cozy and I hope everyone feels a little bit better about the holiday.
Thanks! Your right, and I'm glad you had a good day
__________________
SG Berlin vom Hokschhaus - BA-1, UNJ, CGC, HIC, TC
gsdlover91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com