German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Revamped Website With New Domain Name! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/196954-revamped-website-new-domain-name.html)

Melina 12-24-2012 04:25 AM

Revamped Website With New Domain Name!

So I'm finally re-doing my website and got my own domain name so I don't have a stupidly long URL that I'm embarrassed to give out to people as my website! Obviously it's still extremely under construction and I may just start from scratch and redo the whole layout, add new/more picture, etc....But the fact that I have my own domain name now is what excites me! :D Check it out!

www.melinadphotography.com

wink-_-wink 12-24-2012 06:12 AM

The black and white of your GSD is amazing!!! I like it!! In your ABOUT section, the first sentence is a little confusing, I dunno if thats what you were looking for with this thread but im giving it to you anyway. This part "Melina is currently a working Photographer living her two dogs," is where I got confused. Is is living with? Anyway AWESOME site gorgeous photography!

rangersdad 12-24-2012 07:32 AM

Congrats! Best wishes on your business!

Kyleigh 12-24-2012 07:33 AM

ABSOLUTELY stunning pics ... The correction should be is living with her ...

Opinionated suggestion ... put it in the first person ... it is your website ... brag a little ... you deserve it!!!

I love the ear floofies pic!

Good luck on your business in the new year, and many more to come!

arycrest 12-24-2012 08:20 AM

Beautiful photos and I agree with Marion it should be in first person!!!

robk 12-24-2012 09:03 AM

I love your work. Very nice!

MaggieRoseLee 12-24-2012 09:03 AM

Well done! I 'liked' it for you so now there are 2 of them :)

Dotty 12-24-2012 09:23 AM

It is very sharp looking.

People usually watermark their photos so they are not stolen, I would suggest that you do that as a rule.
I had another business a few years ago that someone stole right out from under me by stealing my pictures.

Melina 12-24-2012 10:13 AM

Thanks guys...I hate the "About me" section..That's obsolete and needs updating, I need to change it and make it look/sound more professional. I'll see about putting it in first person, i've never really seen Photographer's sites like that, I don't want to come off as arrogant because I know there's other Photographers equally as good as I am...

Either way, I have many, many more sections, pictures, effects, etc. to add to the site...Just wanted outside opinions thus far. :) Again, I may go with a completely new template, I'm jut glad I have the domain name now!

Melina 12-24-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wink-_-wink (Post 2662826)
The black and white of your GSD is amazing!!! I like it!! In your ABOUT section, the first sentence is a little confusing, I dunno if thats what you were looking for with this thread but im giving it to you anyway. This part "Melina is currently a working Photographer living her two dogs," is where I got confused. Is is living with? Anyway AWESOME site gorgeous photography!

I see the typo you're talking about...editing now :blush: