German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   What Is Your Favorite Charity Or Act Of Kindness? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/196805-what-your-favorite-charity-act-kindness.html)

Gharrissc 12-21-2012 03:29 PM

What Is Your Favorite Charity Or Act Of Kindness?

Besides some of the local animal rescues here I also like to donate to Food For The Soul, which is a homeless shelter and soup kitchen. They feed about 5000 people between Christmas Eve and Christmas. We just donated 25 turkeys and hams to them today.

So what is your favorite act of kindness to do?

Magwart 12-21-2012 03:39 PM

Favorite act of kindness -- spending an afternoon with a shut-down, scared, depressed shelter dog, giving it some outside time, some cuddle time, a bath--anything to raise its spirits and help it get adopted.

I also financially support the charity that raises money for our local shelter. My vet and I just partnered to give a shelter dog heartworm treatment through this charity (I paid for the immiticide, he provided the treatment, and the charity selected the dog).

angelas 12-21-2012 04:33 PM

I donate food to the local shelter. I donate clothes to the Salvation Army. When one of my friends was a hockey mom I would support local Junior hockey. That's about all I do for charities.

Shade 12-21-2012 05:04 PM

I sponser a 14 (almost 15) year old boy through World Vision, it's a monthly fee but well worth it. He wants to be a dentist and I'm so thrilled to see him dreaming of succeeding and choosing a career

As for acts of kindness, anything that's needed at the moment :)

llombardo 12-21-2012 05:49 PM

I'm looking forward to getting my golden ready for therapy work. I would like to volunteer at the local hospital on the kids cancer floor.

Kyleigh 12-21-2012 05:53 PM

Every Friday I buy the person's coffee behind my in the drive thru.

At the holiday season I donate about 5-6 quilts (depends on how many ( got done) to a senior's residence. And I crochet about 100 scarves and matching hats for kids.

Everything was all dropped off last weekend ... I LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the looks on people's face when they see the handmade stuff.

Good_Karma 12-21-2012 07:00 PM

I donate to my local library every year. It's a very small town, not much money, and the salaries are ridiculously low. I figure the hundred bucks I give them every year might buy a few extra books.

ladyfreckles 12-21-2012 07:59 PM

Not murdering people who irritate me.

No no, I'm joking. I get a lot of joy out of volunteering at a horse rescue.

Dotty 12-21-2012 08:04 PM

I love sending toys to needy parrots from my shop :)

Lauri & The Gang 12-21-2012 08:37 PM

I found a group called 2hands (One Hand Helping Another... 2Hands) and from there I got the name of a mother and 3 yr old son that were having a really hard time this Christmas. I went out and spent a bunch on toys, clothes, drawing stuff (he likes to draw) and education items (flash cards and such). I'll be wrapping everything tonight and we will deliver it tomorrow.

I prefer to help someone directly instead of just giving money to a big group.