German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   what do you think are worse cat wise? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/196610-what-do-you-think-worse-cat-wise.html)

pets4life 12-18-2012 08:03 PM

what do you think are worse cat wise?

2 males or 2 females? or male and female? or does it matter?

GusGus 12-18-2012 08:04 PM

I've never had two cats at once..but my male is ferocious. He's hateful.

pets4life 12-18-2012 08:06 PM

the worst i ever had was female on female cat fights but those were in the house the worst i saw outdoors where always male on male cat fights were cats actually almost killed each other so im not sure

is your male aggressive to outdoor cats or just your dog? lol :shocked:

Kyleigh 12-18-2012 08:07 PM

I've never had female cats LOL ... my mom has a female and my sister has two females and they are nasty creatures.

I've always had male cats (7 over the years) and they have all been love bugs.

My personal motto - male cats, female dogs!

pets4life 12-18-2012 08:14 PM

I found female dogs much more nasty than males when it comes to actually trying to kill tear each other up but i am not sure about female cats, i prefer female dogs by far but i admit that having a second dominant female breed (gsd) is not an option unless you want to keep them away from each other.

Cats I was not sure about.

Shade 12-18-2012 08:26 PM

I have two male cats, not related but they're bonded very closely like brothers. They have never had a serious fight, both have their claws intact as well. They're two weeks apart in age (brought home seperately two weeks apart) and were neutered at six months on the same day.

Both of my sisters have a female cat, littermates and they lived together until they were about 1.5 and those two cats have had so many fights it's not funny. Both were spayed on the same day at 6 months, and thankfully they're both declawed or I'm sure both would be carrying some nasty scars

Needless to say once my two are gone I'm going back to just one. I've been really fortunate with my two but I'm not risking any cat fights

Gharrissc 12-18-2012 08:29 PM

I've had luck with all sex combinations. When my husband and I were dating he had 3 neutered males and I've had more than one of each sex with no problem.I think it depends on the cats. If you do get males, make sure that they are eventually neutered because fighting between tomcats is inevitable.

Syaoransbear 12-18-2012 08:37 PM

My MIL has 3 cats, two females and 1 male. The one female hates the other female, and the male is neutral with the females. Honestly, I think they'd all prefer to be in one-cat households.

BowWowMeow 12-18-2012 08:41 PM

It depends on the individual cats.

dgray 12-18-2012 08:56 PM

I have three female cats.

One is really moody, but she was the only animal for 7 years.. So she's had to adjust a lot, lol.

My other two are adorable together and so sweet. :)

My male cat I had a few years back was sweet also. Just depends on the cat.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free