Have you ever felt you just needed a break? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #11 (permalink)

At what age do shepherd's ears go up
Checker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
At what age do shepherd's ears go up
We have a section on this website called 'ears up' I believe its around the 'puppy area'. Short answer, Between 3 months, and 1 year 2 months. It depends on a lot of things. Keep your puppy active and it might happen sooner.
Walperstyle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

We went to Spokane for this concert a few weeks ago, managed to get away for an overnight, it was a lot of fun.

Celtic Thunder Official Site

Between the dogs and the kids, nearly every day is a "Calgon" day (take me away) but we manage for the most part.
Now that my kids are teens we can sneak out of town for short trips and trust everyone will still be alive when we return home
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

We moved out of my husband's crazy house and into an acreage. No crazy inlaws screaming at each other, or crazy inlaw's children screaming and crying all day and night. No constant mess, in fact the house is always spotless. No traffic noises or the neighbors dog barking constantly. No people stealing my things or moving my things to places where I can't find them(of course, my BIL managed to steal my red N64 controller just before we moved out, so I guess I can't win them all). It's been a nice break for me, especially since I dropped out of university because I was no longer able to handle my depression, let alone my depression and school, and hopefully things will continue this way for a few months. I also took my SIL's dog with me because I had became her primary caretaker since they were too preoccupied with their children to give her food and water, let alone take her on walks, give her any social attention, or clean up her poop. I like having her here a lot because she never runs away here. She was running away on nearly a daily basis before, and my inlaws wouldn't even bother looking for her. It caused me so much stress.

But the real break I desire is a break from myself. I just wish I could click off my brain for a while. I'm so sick of all this internal dialogue and incessant brooding and paranoia that happens in my head. It would be nice if I could have a break from thinking, but a break from my inlaws' craziness is pretty good too.
Syaoransbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
Instead of getting away, make live so awesome that every day is an adventure.
If you have accomplished this, tell us how.
wolfy dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy dog View Post
If you have accomplished this, tell us how.
My guess is it involves lots and lots of wine/beer .
Syaoransbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Elite Member

Yes...I have days where I would love to get away. We just got back from a mini vacation in Vegas for the NFR. It was so nice to not have to worry about work or being in a meeting. We had a great time and I look forward to the next time we can get away again.
Pattycakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Knighted Member

When I start feeling like I need a break,I take one. I am not that productive when I am overwhelmed.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
Master Member

Of course, I cant wait for a week of vacation in March! I dont have kids or anything but the stresses of work, bills, everyday things can get to you. Its not the one big stressful moment every now and then, its the little minor things that you deal with everyday that build up to get you :/
TommyB681 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.