Prayers for Sandy Hook Elementary... - Page 19 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #181 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Wow, Paul! I bet you could just feel the emotions in the air.

If I took photos they would be blurry from shaky hands and eyes that couldn't focus from my tears. Every time I see the faces of the victims on tv I just can't stop myself from crying for them. Thank you for sharing...
Tonight I was watching the news/ hearing Paul Simon singing at that funeral...wow.
His voice was so powerful with raw emotion, once again, my vision was blurred.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #182 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Yeah... it was VERY emotional there. I just kind of stood there in silence for about 20-30 minutes and just observed. Watched people lighting candles and dropping their flowers and saying their prayers. I even said one and I was probably the least religious person there. There were kids toys and signs everywhere. Observing stuff like this really makes you reflect.
Lucy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #183 (permalink)
Elite Member

Agree whole heartedly with this video especially about media coverage.

I don't have children so I can't even begin to imagine what these families are going through. I couldn't take it when they were showing the faces of those beautiful children. How do you even begin to heal from that and the complete senselessness of it?

Lets also not forget the first responders and all of the people who had to deal with the crime scene and the aftermath. Those are going to be some long lasting scars.
Carriesue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 02:46 AM   #184 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Me and some people seen this and we all have mixed emotions. Poor babies!!!! I seen every name and face too ...
harmony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 02:50 AM   #185 (permalink)
Knighted Member

GOD bless us all in JESUS name

Last edited by harmony; 12-20-2012 at 03:00 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:55 AM   #186 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Dog View Post
Just got back from Newtown a couple hours ago. I was in the area and wanted to pay my respects, so I drove over there. Very sad scene to say the least. Kind of reminded me of immediately after 9/11 with all the memorials everywhere, but in a small town instead of a big city. Same feeling.

Lots of flowers and candles. Saw a few signs in random spots around town with just the word "WHY?" written on it. Lots of people just standing around without much to say. Very sad to say the least.

Took a couple pictures of some of the memorial stuff with my phone. It was pretty cold outside, so it was hard to hold my hands still so it's kind of blurry.

Just wanted to share.
I hope everything good comes your way
Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 AM   #187 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Babies, my heart will always bleed for you, I love you!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #188 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony View Post
GOD bless us all in JESUS name
Well said Harmony!
Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #189 (permalink)
Master Member

I'm so ready for the media to just go home and leave my quiet street to heal. I love how people are lying just to drive through the road closure signs bc they don't want to walk. On several occasions the troopers at my end of the road block have asked cars how they have gotten in and they have asked for their licenses to see their addresses only to find out they were just to lazy to walk. I've walked to the school daily with my dogs to help bring some comfort to people paying their respects. It's time for the media to go home and let our road and town and families heal.
Diesel-GSD
Old 12-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #190 (permalink)
Elite Member

Gilly-what is the best thing that we can do for Newtown? I just read a post on facebook that asked people to stop coming and leaving bears and flowers etc. There are apparently soooooooo many. I can understand the desire to have the media leave. And at some point they will. But I think Newtown will always have to deal with the media on and off in the future. Unfortunately, Newtown is forever changed. I have not been through Newtown although a part of me wants to go there to see the tributes and memorials. I don't know why that is. I think almost everyone I know has been touched personally in some way by this horrific event. I just learned a couple of days ago that one of the children, Olivia, was the grand daughter of a women I used to work with when I worked in the New Milford school system. And a present co worker, has 2 children in 2nd grade in Newtown. Fortunately not in Sandy Hook, but they lost friends they knew through after school activities.
I have finally stopped watching the news though. I just couldn't bear it anymore.
katdog5911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.