Prayers for Sandy Hook Elementary... - Page 17 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #161 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I was talking to a friend about this who says that this is the reason why him and his wife chose to homeschool their 7 kids. I don't have kids,but feel that you can't shield them from everything,all you can do is hope for the best. I think that when you start becoming too paranoid and stop enjoying life, people who commit these crimes win.I'm not talking about homeschool kids specifically, just people in general.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 02:57 AM   #162 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I just heard of this today, and knew I would find caring people here that would pray for the familes! I got sick again and couldn't get out of bed until today and heard about it. I am sooooo sorry this happen to the families and cried half the day when I found out. Those little kids , and brave adults! I sure will pray too!!!
harmony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 03:26 AM   #163 (permalink)

I saw this and I couldnt' agree more:

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.
It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed
people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.
CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.
You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news." -Morgan Freeman

Now there are rumors that this is a hoax and Mr. Freeman didn't actually say this but I think that is looking in the wrong direction. The message itself has SO much meaning!! Think back in your life to one of the tons of terrible things that have happened ( Columbine, 9-11, Virginia Tech, Ft. Hood, OKC bombing, Clock tower shooter, DC Sniper, aurora CO, The mall, this... ANY) and how many victims can you name without looking them up!? Chances are NONE! What names do stick out though? Bin Laden, Saddam, McVeigh, Bundy, Manson, John Wayne Gacy, Klebold, and now Lanza will be added to it? I thing his name should be stricken from all the records, and let him die nameless! If I had the money to start a business I would make a company that made "Memorial Bracelets" that had the names of victims on bracelets much like my POW/MIA bracelet and the money would go to a charity/organization that helped with families of the victims. It would go to remove the names of the "bad guys" and put more focus on the peole who died as innocents! I have 2 kids and I can not imagine th terror that these families are struggling through! I could not handle that much heart ache!! The murderer was a coward and took the easy way out. May he burn in **** for all eternity. I will gladly forget his name and only remember him as the coward that killed kids. The name I will remember from Sandy Hook is Emilie Parker, an adorable 6 year old fallen to the wrath of a coward! Emilie I did not know her in any way but I will never ever forget her name! If I can remember one name then that is which I choose to, the victim not the coward!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #164 (permalink)

It's not a rumor that it's a hoax, it is a hoax. A blogger said that and I guess someone else thought it would have more weight if it was attributed to someone famous.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #165 (permalink)
Elite Member

And look how right they were ... because it made it all over the world ...

At least it was something very positive that was written.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #166 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via MSN to GSDolch

This happened just after my sister confessed that she wanted to kill my two youngest children, needless to say, every time I turn on the news, I break down and cry and hold mine close. My youngest son starts school next year. I can't wrap my head around how anyone can do this, don't know if I'll ever be able to.

I have been praying and will continue to pray for the ones lost.
GSDolch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #167 (permalink)
Crowned Member

You also can't fix crazy.

And sadly, the crazy ones that should be institutionalized are "mainstreamed" in schools and heaven forbid they be labeled as "different."

I think what needs to be done is face that you just can't politically correct all the problems away, and use euphemisms to describe everything bad in an effort to make it look or sound better.

If someone is crazy, they should be treated as such. Because this is the alternative, and it has been happening again and again.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #168 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Yesterday my nieces school/church had their Christmas program at the eleven o'clock service. We were there for Sunday School before hand, and of course it was mentioned. In the service the pastor's prayer had the families etc, first. During the program which was really crowded, we were standing in an alcove the whole service, and a young man with a long coat and very unkempt hair walked past me a couple of times.

I am sorry, I am only human, It made me very nervous. I mean if someone was going to shoot up the church, they would probably be dressed and polished like a typical church goer, but when you see someone that sticks out like that, it has to just come into your mind. Or at least it did mine.

The little girls were playing the piano during the offeratory, and I am wondering how I might sheild them with my body if something were to happen.

Afterwards, they had a party with cake for Jesus' birthday. And I am sitting there in the gym watching kids play basketball, and wondering what the parents were thinking.

The idea that there is evil/crazy in this world with such a cowardly face as to target little tiny children who have absolutely no defense, is just disgusting to me.

One of the players in the football game tonight printed the names of all of the victims on his shoes.

The vast majority of people who suffer from mental illnesses would never hurt children, would never hurt anyone. Besides the fact that many people with mental illnesses do not realize how badly things are affecting them, there is also a further stigma that people will look at someone who is suffering from mental/emotional problems as someone who might do something like this. It is like the high rate of offenders in prisons have been abused as children, it certainly does not mean that everyone who has been abused will be an offender. You have to have mental problems to commit such an act, but everyone with mental problems isn't going to commit such an act.

So you really cannot just take everyone that falls within the scope of mental illness and throw them all on an island, or monitor them all. I think this is evil more than crazy, and yes evil is a strong word.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #169 (permalink)
Crowned Member

You are right. But if crazy were treated and monitored and better taken care of, instead of medicated and thrown among everyone else, maybe people wouldn't get to the point of snapping and wanting to be heard and rembered by taking as many with them as they can, with increasingly horrific methods.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:23 AM   #170 (permalink)

I think that mental illness also plays a huge roll in this. The govenrment wants to outlaw everything that would make a child an individual and make them all from one cookie cutter. I just don't support that! I know bullying to the extreme is hurtful but some bullying is necessary in life. They all can't be winners! What type of society are we raising? How will these kids compete for good jobs? It baffles me. And then the religious debate comes rolling in and I am not overly religious but I have my beliefs. People saying things like "If there is a God then how could he let this happen to little school chrildren" and maybe its because God is not allowed in schools.... Just saying, sounds harsh but seems true. My 5 year old says the pleadge of allegiance every day and short of maybe one line knows the star spangled banner and sings it pretty much daily lol.

The other rant that I can't seem to get away from is this gun control crap. I have said it once and ill say it a milion times GUNS DO NOT KILL PEOPLE! No more than forks make people fat, knives stab people, or a keyboard makes you a computer hacker. I know there is evil in this world, I am a federal prison officer. I see it and am around it EVERY DAY! I hear what some of these guys did to kids, elderly, animals, men, women... I am not suprised by much anymore. What bothers me is every couple of years there is a fall guy designated to the reason this stuff happens. It is never, some people are just ***** crazy and need to be locked up. They would rather drug em up and hope for the best... This time I think they are still blaming video games, used to be rock music, marilynn manson, violent TV, music again, and now internet. COME ON!! this country is getting soft and slowly going to crumble in on itself. Rather than deal with our problems we lock them away for years and years and years and waste money on them. REDICULOUS! This madman that went in the school, had he not killed himslef should have been on trial withing 24 hours, once found guilty since he was there shooting people.... he should have been given 24 hours to say good bye to any loved ones he didn't murder and then executed. Sound harsh? In third world countries if you get caught stealing they will take your HAND! pretty big reason to not steal... would love to know how they deal with murderers rapist and the like!

Last edited by Cassidy's Mom; 12-18-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: language - pseudo swearing is not allowed
wink-_-wink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.