Horrible news - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Horrible news

LIVE UPDATES: Deadly Shooting at Portland, Oregon Mall | Fox News Insider
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I just don't understand what makes people do this kind of stuff. Its sad when you can't go shopping without a gunman walking in
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

they 'neutralized' the gunman...hmmm that is a new one. MAD world....

Last edited by onyx'girl; 12-11-2012 at 09:44 PM.
onyx'girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Rescues Rule Administrator

Hey Everyone -

I just want to post this here: Sticky: 02/25/09 Policy Regarding Political Discussions as a reminder, as sometimes these things start to go political (if in doubt, notify on yourself! it can be murky, we understand!). There are always new board members who have not reviewed this policy, and we have had a bunch of new posters lately so hoping this helps.

Thank you very much - it is appreciated!
Jean
Admin
Old 12-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
I just don't understand what makes people do this kind of stuff. Its sad when you can't go shopping without a gunman walking in
They are selfish, stupid, jerks.

I hope he is one of the dead.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

I need to forward stuff like this to my wife... I am a federal correctional officer and I deal with thousands of inmates on a daily basis who have ties and ability to contact the outside world. I conceal carry everywhere I go for EXACTLY this type reason! I am trained and qualified to use my weapon if needed. She always says "UGH do you really need to bring that in _________" could be mall movies church or just about anywhere else we go. But I have read stories of mall shootings, like this one, movies like in Aurora CO, and Church (which is typically the most controversial) there was a shooting in TN where a guy brought a shotgun into a church and started blasting away which WOULD NOT have gone as far as it did if it were my church... I know there are other Law Enforcement guys on here and military that would agree with me, you just never know in this society... am i paranoid or do ya'll carry everywhere too?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wink-_-wink View Post
I need to forward stuff like this to my wife... I am a federal correctional officer and I deal with thousands of inmates on a daily basis who have ties and ability to contact the outside world. I conceal carry everywhere I go for EXACTLY this type reason! I am trained and qualified to use my weapon if needed. She always says "UGH do you really need to bring that in _________" could be mall movies church or just about anywhere else we go. But I have read stories of mall shootings, like this one, movies like in Aurora CO, and Church (which is typically the most controversial) there was a shooting in TN where a guy brought a shotgun into a church and started blasting away which WOULD NOT have gone as far as it did if it were my church... I know there are other Law Enforcement guys on here and military that would agree with me, you just never know in this society... am i paranoid or do ya'll carry everywhere too?
No, you're paranoid. Not really, just skewed by dealing with thousands of inmates. Shootings like this are really few and far between, but when they happen, it is big news.

Where I live in Ohio, since we became a conceal carry state, a lot of, if not most public buildings, businesses, stores, etc, have notices on the doors forbidding firearms. I look at them and say to myself, it's like a sign to all the selfish, stupid, jerks, that there are only unarmed people, sheep within. Which increases the possibility of issues.

Because that guy that got himself decked out this morning and took up his AR-15 and decided to shoot people wasn't going to be deterred by a note on the door.

I don't carry. I guess I am just not that worried about getting shot, even shot to death. It is rare. And, well, there are a lot worse ways to go.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
No, you're paranoid. Not really, just skewed by dealing with thousands of inmates. Shootings like this are really few and far between, but when they happen, it is big news.

Where I live in Ohio, since we became a conceal carry state, a lot of, if not most public buildings, businesses, stores, etc, have notices on the doors forbidding firearms. I look at them and say to myself, it's like a sign to all the selfish, stupid, jerks, that there are only unarmed people, sheep within. Which increases the possibility of issues.

Because that guy that got himself decked out this morning and took up his AR-15 and decided to shoot people wasn't going to be deterred by a note on the door.

I don't carry. I guess I am just not that worried about getting shot, even shot to death. It is rare. And, well, there are a lot worse ways to go.
I am prior/current military as well as law enforcement for about 6 years. I am covered by LEOSA and am basically allowed to carry EVERYWHERE in the country other than federal land (such as on a military base) or if im intoxicated. So those signs really mean nothing to me anyway. but your exactly right, that sign is only a deterant to the law abiding citizens, the crazies are going to carry and do what their plans are anyway, I just feel naked without my weapon. I am fully capable of defending myself without it but why tire myself out...
Old 12-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
I am fully capable of defending myself without it but why tire myself out...
Because you are a ninja?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

No because the military and two seperate law enforcement agencies spent a good deal of money teaching me to handle my own + some more....plus I am 3/4 ninja...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.