German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Horrible news (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/196177-horrible-news.html)

msvette2u 12-11-2012 08:27 PM

Horrible news

LIVE UPDATES: Deadly Shooting at Portland, Oregon Mall | Fox News Insider

llombardo 12-11-2012 08:30 PM

I just don't understand what makes people do this kind of stuff. Its sad when you can't go shopping without a gunman walking in:(

onyx\'girl 12-11-2012 08:40 PM

they \'neutralized\' the gunman...hmmm that is a new one. MAD world....

JeanKBBMMMAAN 12-11-2012 08:41 PM

Hey Everyone -

I just want to post this here: Sticky: 02/25/09 Policy Regarding Political Discussions as a reminder, as sometimes these things start to go political (if in doubt, notify on yourself! it can be murky, we understand!). There are always new board members who have not reviewed this policy, and we have had a bunch of new posters lately so hoping this helps.

Thank you very much - it is appreciated!
Jean
Admin

selzer 12-11-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llombardo (Post 2653161)
I just don't understand what makes people do this kind of stuff. Its sad when you can't go shopping without a gunman walking in:(

They are selfish, stupid, jerks.

I hope he is one of the dead.

wink-_-wink 12-11-2012 09:08 PM

I need to forward stuff like this to my wife... I am a federal correctional officer and I deal with thousands of inmates on a daily basis who have ties and ability to contact the outside world. I conceal carry everywhere I go for EXACTLY this type reason! I am trained and qualified to use my weapon if needed. She always says "UGH do you really need to bring that in _________" could be mall movies church or just about anywhere else we go. But I have read stories of mall shootings, like this one, movies like in Aurora CO, and Church (which is typically the most controversial) there was a shooting in TN where a guy brought a shotgun into a church and started blasting away which WOULD NOT have gone as far as it did if it were my church... I know there are other Law Enforcement guys on here and military that would agree with me, you just never know in this society... am i paranoid or do ya'll carry everywhere too?

selzer 12-11-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wink-_-wink (Post 2653182)
I need to forward stuff like this to my wife... I am a federal correctional officer and I deal with thousands of inmates on a daily basis who have ties and ability to contact the outside world. I conceal carry everywhere I go for EXACTLY this type reason! I am trained and qualified to use my weapon if needed. She always says "UGH do you really need to bring that in _________" could be mall movies church or just about anywhere else we go. But I have read stories of mall shootings, like this one, movies like in Aurora CO, and Church (which is typically the most controversial) there was a shooting in TN where a guy brought a shotgun into a church and started blasting away which WOULD NOT have gone as far as it did if it were my church... I know there are other Law Enforcement guys on here and military that would agree with me, you just never know in this society... am i paranoid or do ya'll carry everywhere too?

No, you're paranoid. Not really, just skewed by dealing with thousands of inmates. Shootings like this are really few and far between, but when they happen, it is big news.

Where I live in Ohio, since we became a conceal carry state, a lot of, if not most public buildings, businesses, stores, etc, have notices on the doors forbidding firearms. I look at them and say to myself, it's like a sign to all the selfish, stupid, jerks, that there are only unarmed people, sheep within. Which increases the possibility of issues.

Because that guy that got himself decked out this morning and took up his AR-15 and decided to shoot people wasn't going to be deterred by a note on the door.

I don't carry. I guess I am just not that worried about getting shot, even shot to death. It is rare. And, well, there are a lot worse ways to go.

wink-_-wink 12-11-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by selzer (Post 2653186)
No, you're paranoid. Not really, just skewed by dealing with thousands of inmates. Shootings like this are really few and far between, but when they happen, it is big news.

Where I live in Ohio, since we became a conceal carry state, a lot of, if not most public buildings, businesses, stores, etc, have notices on the doors forbidding firearms. I look at them and say to myself, it's like a sign to all the selfish, stupid, jerks, that there are only unarmed people, sheep within. Which increases the possibility of issues.

Because that guy that got himself decked out this morning and took up his AR-15 and decided to shoot people wasn't going to be deterred by a note on the door.

I don't carry. I guess I am just not that worried about getting shot, even shot to death. It is rare. And, well, there are a lot worse ways to go.

I am prior/current military as well as law enforcement for about 6 years. I am covered by LEOSA and am basically allowed to carry EVERYWHERE in the country other than federal land (such as on a military base) or if im intoxicated. So those signs really mean nothing to me anyway. but your exactly right, that sign is only a deterant to the law abiding citizens, the crazies are going to carry and do what their plans are anyway, I just feel naked without my weapon. I am fully capable of defending myself without it but why tire myself out...

onyx'girl 12-11-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

I am fully capable of defending myself without it but why tire myself out...
Because you are a ninja?

wink-_-wink 12-11-2012 09:28 PM

No because the military and two seperate law enforcement agencies spent a good deal of money teaching me to handle my own + some more....plus I am 3/4 ninja...