Ever been bitten by a poisonous spider? - Page 6 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #51 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Im coming very late to this discussion. Got bit by a brown spider after i had been working in the yard in the afternoon and as the evening came got cold put my jacket on that was laying on a fence post . Got bit ,spider was in the jacket. Didnt really think about it till the next morning when it was swollen and looked a little grey and a touch black at the center. Went to Urgent care they gave me a shot and stared me on antibiotics. Im diabetic so infections take forever to heal. That bite took a long time to heal . The Dr thought the flesh might be dying around the wound but after the antibiotics were completed the flesh returned to normal.

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #52 (permalink)
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to Powell

Just remember a Brown Recluse bite WILL BE fatal if you don't get treated for it.
Powell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #53 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDog View Post
I can guarantee you his arm was OBVIOUS in that it needed treatment. That is something else entirely to ignore.
Oh yeah! No doubt. I suspect the next day (Sunday) it was obvious that he should have had it checked. But he didn't. It wasn't until he was back at work (I really don't recall if it was Monday or Tuesday) that not only was his hand looking bad, but he also began to feel bad as well. It was his co-workers who took him to the hospital.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #54 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell View Post
Just remember a Brown Recluse bite WILL BE fatal if you don't get treated for it.

Hobo's are not fatal. Hobos are also NOT Brown Recluse. They are related, but again, NOT the same.

Lillie, I have to say, I didn't go to the ER for my arm until Sunday am (the episode 5 years ago). DH was at a class for the fire dept all day Saturday, and I should've gone Sat night (we HAD been to the doctor on Friday, so it wasn't like we were ignoring it), but you know how the "let's see how it goes tonight" thing happens. FWIW, it was HIM saying that, not me, heh. Now he feels bad so EVERY little thing gets checked out, but honestly, I think it's better today. The doctor told me to use some Hydrogen Peroxide on it, which I found kind of strange, but it seems to have really helped.

http://redheadsrocketsandramblings.blogspot.com/
RocketDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #55 (permalink)

My DH won't ever fuss over himself but always wants me to go in. When I got the dog bite he insisted. All I wanted was antibiotics because it was a dog bite and I had three puncture wounds and torn skin, so I stood there in silence for a few minutes, holding my bleeding hand, weighing the option of spending a fortune at the ER when all I really needed was oral abx or just waiting until Monday and going straight to my GP ($15 co-pay) and asking (or even just calling in for an Rx since she will sometimes do it for me without seeing me). In the end I let him take me to the ER and it was a mistake. I dealt with the bills and the insurance company for several months and had to pay about ten times what I would have at my GP for basically nothing because the Dr. put three stitches in that I had to take out early (my body didn't like them at all and was literally trying to push them out, and I was super careful with the wound so I'm sure the skin flap would have healed over the same way without the stitches). And I had to have Animal Control coming over to make sure I wasn't dying of rabies.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #56 (permalink)

Yes, in elementary school on my thigh. The wound was took up most of my thigh and I had to get a penicillin shot every day for a week. I will spare the gory details of the wound!
Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.