E-mail notifications not working? Help - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Question E-mail notifications not working? Help

I was wondering if anybody else is having this problem.

I have seen new posts on threads (overnight and this morning) I am subscribed to, but nothing has come into my e-mail since yesterday morning.

Checked my edit options and the instant notification is default, checked my e-mail junk folder and hasn't been moved there

This happened once before a few months ago, and then a flood of new posts came in. The blurb at the bottom of e-mail says "there may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again"...sometimes I won't view, and they will still come in, other times one post will come through even though a bunch of ppl have posted, other times all the ppl who have posted come through (multiple e-mails on same thread)

Just wondering if not a site problem, then what the heck did I do, or my computor do for me?

HELP
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm having the same problem. I just figured I broke something!
GoSailGo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSailGo View Post
I'm having the same problem. I just figured I broke something!
did this just start?

Anybody else?
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
Old 12-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
did this just start?
The last time I got an email update from the forum was on the 6th (just looked back in my email account), so I'm not sure. Hopefully it sorts itself out.
GoSailGo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I did get notifications yesterday evening (Friday Dec.7). There were no new posts on my subscribed threads since then. I did have that problem before but it was the spam controls on my internet server -it was like everything from a "com." was blocked over a weekend. That has been improved. I do know I have to log in before getting any more notifications. So if I just read them on the email and don't go back into the forum I won't get any more notifications.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Beth View Post
I did get notifications yesterday evening (Friday Dec.7). There were no new posts on my subscribed threads since then. I did have that problem before but it was the spam controls on my internet server -it was like everything from a "com." was blocked over a weekend. That has been improved. I do know I have to log in before getting any more notifications. So if I just read them on the email and don't go back into the forum I won't get any more notifications.
I have posted on newer threads last night and they have since been added to by others and nothing is coming thru...I haven't updated anything, there have been no automatic updates from windows and my computer is shut down and rebooted, virus scan run...

Does anybody know how/where to check this out? I have had a couple e-mails today from friends, FB has come through...just not this site.

If this is a forum problem, then I don't care, but if things I am expecting are being blocked, then this is a problem (just one more to add to the pile)
Old 12-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

So I think I may have found the problem, IDK? Somehow the second last thread that came through, although not the one but the links prior I had flagged it (not sure what that means - just a little red flag), was in my deleted e-mails, so I unflagged it. This did nothing.

The last two messages, under properties were Failed, not sure....but then further down the script writing was something about spam being -2.9.

Anyhow something got discombobulated, so I rightclicked and added the e-mails domain to safe senders list....

Cross my fingers...
Please comment so I can see if this thread comes through
Old 12-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

I am fine, getting all my notifications! And now I am going to take Ky for another walk before bed!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #9 (permalink)

I am having a problem where it says messages that I have one I click on it and nothing happen. It does not show me the message. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Suddenly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Gatorbytes - I haven't gotten any notifications but that could just be my internet server - it is a small network that will increase security if there is a lot of spam over the weekend - so I will probably get all the notifcations on Monday. Hope yours is working.

Suddenly, to read the message click on private messages (double click if that doesn't work) that will take you to your message folder. Then you need to click on the inbox , then select the message to read it. Also if you signed up for email notifications, you should get an email with the message, but to reply you need to go into the forum.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.