German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   client gifts (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/195585-client-gifts.html)

onyx'girl 12-02-2012 09:57 PM

client gifts

I need suggestions for giving Christmas gifts to clients.
I don't want to spend more than $20 per client(I have about 20 of them) and would like to support the local businesses. I don't want to give any thing that will be 'lasting' such as a nick-nack. $(bonus) isn't an option either as they are the ones paying me...so that would be tacky.
Fragrances(candles, etc) and "homemade" food may not be a good idea either, unless it is a local food. Last year I gave local blueberry jam and local honey but don't want to repeat it again.
I'd love to hear some good ideas if anyone is willing to share!

After so many years, I'm out of ideas!

elisabeth_00117 12-02-2012 10:14 PM

I am also all ears! ;)

I have to purchase for my associates still and have NO CLUE what to get everyone!

Liesje 12-02-2012 10:30 PM

Come up to our Fair Trade Fair this week! It's not necessarily local stuff but it's fair trade.

marshies 12-02-2012 11:07 PM

Pop to local market, buy baked goods that store for a few days. Wrap in that crinkly plastic wrap with a ribbon.

OR, better yet, bake your own! Popcorn balls are really easy and look SUPER festive with the right wraping

GatorBytes 12-03-2012 12:57 AM

Costco has annual gifts under 20 bucks w/belgian chocolates. This year (here anyway), they have little blue or white buckets (small) with chocolates in a blue and silver wraps, decal w/a snowman, and a touch of bedazzling on the bucket...cute, plan to get for my building management...but these things go fast....not sure what they have in the US.

Could also do a coffee mug with cidar mix or specialty flavoured hot chocolate and perhaps a mini peppermint-shnapps (1.5oz) and a recipe to make a "Ski-Slope"....Hot chocolate, shnapps, and whipped cream...ummm, ummm...delish!...or the makings of the same but Spanish coffee, or Irish, just put together the mixes and a printed in nice font recipe with a x-mas saying of well wishes

Uns4n3 12-03-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorBytes (Post 2645553)
Could also do a coffee mug with cidar mix or specialty flavoured hot chocolate and perhaps a mini peppermint-shnapps (1.5oz) and a recipe to make a "Ski-Slope"....Hot chocolate, shnapps, and whipped cream...ummm, ummm...delish!...or the makings of the same but Spanish coffee, or Irish, just put together the mixes and a printed in nice font recipe with a x-mas saying of well wishes

This is an awesome idea! Get some mugs and coffee beans from a local shop!

holland 12-03-2012 09:51 AM

that is a great gift idea

Shade 12-03-2012 10:18 AM

I bake cookies :). But I've also done the hot chocolate and cider mix with cute mugs and flavored candy canes with great success :).

Lilie 12-03-2012 12:55 PM

A gift certificate from a local shop (or a pet store), placed in a Christmas card purchased from MD Anderson (or local cancer center) supporting cancer research.

Or instead of a gift certificate, a donation card showing you donated to your local animal shelter in their name...placed in a Christmas card.

Or give a certificate from your business..'One free _________'.

Lilie 12-05-2012 09:33 AM

Jane - we had a vendor bring in a retro type lunch box, it was opened and lined with red paper. Inside it was loaded with different candies. Some Christmas type candy (candy canes, peppermints etc.) and some normal chocolate candy bar bites.

It really is a cool idea and looks great too.