German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   do you care more about your dog than your partner? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/195584-do-you-care-more-about-your-dog-than-your-partner.html)

pets4life 12-02-2012 09:33 PM

do you care more about your dog than your partner?

I heard a lady say this to her husband today lol

Please jokes aside i know almost everyone will say no but be honest?

Yoschi's_Pet_Human 12-02-2012 09:39 PM

I would never say I care "more" for my dog than my wife,,, but I can say, how my wife treats 'our' dog effects how I feel about my wife... :)

onyx'girl 12-02-2012 09:52 PM

I was just this moment thinking this and feeling a bit guilty! I guess my human partner annoys me way more often than my canine partner does. And my canine partner makes me laugh more often than my human partner. Though I've been with the human one for well over 30 years, so we've been there done that over and over.

Liesje 12-02-2012 10:34 PM

I think my canine makes *me* a more bearable partner for my husband, lol! We're pretty independent and while I spend a lot of time training and traveling for dog events, my husband is also involved in several things I could not care less about (he plays soccer, basketball, and softball, works out with a co-worker, and coaches middle school sports). My dog is no burden on him (I do ALL of the training, feeding, basic care, cleaning up the messes, arranging dog sitting, etc) and gives us both a chance to do the things we love that the other doesn't want to do.

x11 12-02-2012 10:42 PM

doesn't happen often but i met a girl with similar interests, well the rest of the community knew we were both single, misfit dog tragics and arranged for us to get together.

things were going fine untill her dog stole my dogs ball one day so my dog attacked it. no real damage just flying fur. she ordered me to sort out my dog's "issues" ASAP and let her know when she can see an improvement - been nearly 2 years and i still aint called. she was hot but was into AKC stuff so it would never have worked anyway.

onyx'girl 12-02-2012 10:46 PM

Example: I was just petting Karlo under his chin and he burped, stinky raw chicken burp(he never does this) I laughed at his facial expression when the escaped burp surprised him.

IF that had been DH burping in my face, I would have smacked him upside the head!
:wub:(love tap)

marshies 12-02-2012 10:48 PM

Yes and no.
Yes in the sense that my dog has demands on my time since she is MY responsibility. So she precedes the boyfriend sometimes because I need to be home to exercise her, etc.

No in the sense that I love her and all, but she is a dog. She fills great many emotional needs, but is not a replacement for human companionship or affection. Add to the fact that our relationship is still alot like mother and "child", and not partners quite yet. I look forward to seeing the changing dynamic as she grows up and matures.

Gharrissc 12-02-2012 10:48 PM

In some ways yes,others no.

doggiedad 12-02-2012 10:52 PM

if you care more about your dog than your partner
you shouldn't have a partner.

wolfy dog 12-02-2012 10:53 PM

It is impossible to compare the two. I know it will be easier, though very hard, to live without my dog than without my partner.