Do any of you live in a house this big??? - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #41 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I have expensive tastes-I like the 10 million dollar home...ugh...wonder what property taxes would be
holland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #42 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holland View Post
I have expensive tastes-I like the 10 million dollar home...ugh...wonder what property taxes would be
If you have to ask.....Heh!Heh!Heh!
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #43 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanKBBMMMAAN View Post

I am not sure I have the $90,000 a month (or any other time of the year!) needed for the payments though.

I love that blue kitchen! And 21 acres! I looked at the back yard (I am sure there is a fancy name for it) and thought of all the land mines, holes and divots there would be with dogs...
The crazy part is that home isn't even close to one of the nicest in that neighborhood. There's one pretty close to this one that has about 10x more land with a house just as nice. It's all the real estate you're paying for though around there. It has to be sitting on at least 100 acres. I've driven through it a couple times and every time I think how much my dog would love to live here and just run around. Ponds, fields, barns, stables, an entire horse track like you'd see at the kentucky derby, and a huge house. Crazy, crazy stuff. This property would easily go $50-$60 million if for sale. Chump change.
Lucy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #44 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by machop View Post
OP, are you shopping for real estate in that range?
HaHaHa! I'm not shopping for anything where the number ends in million. Heck, I'd be thrilled to have a family room/kitchen addition put on my house. Two kids in college. Need I say more?
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #45 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I really dislike that kind of conspicuous consumption. I would not trade my 1200 sq. ft. house for anything. Frankly, and I will admit to being a miserly Scrooge, but that kind of wasteful spending is why the human race is doomed. I'm not willing to donate my house and go live in a tent somewhere, but I also don't think these mega-mansions are necessary or a good use of resources. I wish that the people with this kind of money would use it for more productive purposes.
Good_Karma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #46 (permalink)

I forgot to mention that, yeah, I agree with what most of you have already said. I also think the $10,000,000 is very nice!

However, I think I'd settle just fine for a 4-5 bedroom and bathroom house, with maybe two stories, plus a nice basement for my dad. Also, a few acres, (For agility equipment and a pool,) but apparently that's not going to happen. /:
sirius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #47 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I would rather live in a van down by the river, then a place like that.
Loneforce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #48 (permalink)
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by holland View Post
If you have to ask, you can't afford it, lol! It was really nice, especially after all the remodeling - there were 3 or 4 major projects that took place over 7 or 8 years, our largest client by far. It was actually kinda tacky when the owners first bought it, all pale green and mauve inside with the most horrific wallpaper in the dining room that I've ever seen. I was there on the walk through with Tom and the owners when they were thinking about buying it, so I got to see the "before". Pretty much everything was redone.

This is another one of his jobs, it's in San Francisco, right next to the park in front of the Palace of Fine Arts: 2140 Jefferson St., San Francisco - SFGate

He was not the prime contractor on that one, this was actually 2 houses side by side, and he was hired as a subcontractor to do the interior finish on the house on the left. He and his crew did all the built in cabinets and the coffered ceiling in the office, installed the cabinets in the kitchen, and did all the interior trim.

Later the client talked the owner of the house next door to sell to her, and they combined both houses, making it around 7000 square feet. Tom was subcontracted to be the project manager. That job took about 2 years, and later the house was sold for over 8 million when the owner died in a plane crash. Here's a before picture showing the two houses (this is SF, so there's virtually no space between them!):

And then after:

Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #49 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Karma View Post
I really dislike that kind of conspicuous consumption. I would not trade my 1200 sq. ft. house for anything. Frankly, and I will admit to being a miserly Scrooge, but that kind of wasteful spending is why the human race is doomed. I'm not willing to donate my house and go live in a tent somewhere, but I also don't think these mega-mansions are necessary or a good use of resources. I wish that the people with this kind of money would use it for more productive purposes.

I've shown Trent pics on FB of your place - it is his dream
ozzymama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #50 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Our house is 4129 sq ft,but it still feels cozy.I don't think I would want anything bigger.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.