Got Taken BIG TIME! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default Got Taken BIG TIME!

My aunt and uncle stopped by on their way back to Charleston and brought along with their new dog, Ember.I knew that they were looking for a dog and considered a GSD,but didn't hear anything else about it. Long story short, they got this dog from a lady in the paper who would never let them come to her house because of 'safety reasons',since she was a single woman. She met them at gas station and had two adult dogs that she claimed were the parents. My aunt said that the woman said that the male's name was 'Captain' and that he was in Westminster last year. I remember the dog that she is talking about who won the herding group,but I doubt that was him.

They paid $1900 for this dog who was supposed to be a 'show line' dog which was the reasoning this lady gave for this dog looking so different. My uncle told me that this lady advertises in the paper all of the time and has different breeds. They talked to this lady for about a month before deciding to purchase,they just feel incredibly stupid for falling for her scheme.

She didn't ever let them see her house,but my uncle did memorize the license number on her truck. I suggested canceling the check they gave her.

My aunt and uncle are both cat people and have been around dogs a little,but aren't really dog saavy.I am impressed though that they had a trainer and good vet already lined up. I just wish they would have done a little more research on unscrupolous breeders or at least told me when they were going to get a dog for sure.

I guess the only good thing about this is that they love this little dog and do take great care of her. They both go to training with her every week and have gotten her spayed,even though this woman was trying to push them to breed.They may be out of $1900, if they can't find out where this lady lives to pursue charges. They have had Ember for three weeks.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

I dont mean to be rude, but had they ever SEEN a GSD? She should be able to be tracked through her phone number. Try googling it. Maybe even put an ad out and try to contact anyone else this lady has sold dogs to.

I'm not really sure what your Aunt and Uncles legal recourse could be? Unless this lady gave them something in writing about the dog being a "show quality GSD" or something?

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.

Last edited by PatchonGSD; 11-18-2012 at 06:34 PM.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Amber is a beautiful girl, I can see why they are in love with her. It is a shame that there are people in this world that are taking people like this.

There are so many scams going on these days that I cannot keep up with them, I hope that the woman can be stopped from doing this to other innocent people.
dixie-shep/lab 2/21/2013

baby-terrier mix (waiting at the bridge)
1sttimeforgsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

They've seen pictures and their neighbor has one,but the ears aren't erect.I know they researched the breed requirements and felt like they could provide a good home for a dog like that.I did a google search for the numbers they have for her and they both appear to be cell phones.

BTW they are supposed to be having registration papers mailed to them,which I doubt they will get.

Last edited by Gharrissc; 11-18-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

That would be big time fraud. I would call the police and file charges. And cancel the check immediately but I bet it was cashed 5 minutes after they left. She's a very pretty girl.

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
x11
Banned

nice dog anyway, POS human tho.
x11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LARHAGE

Oh my God people suck! I can't believe they would pay that much without getting papers at the time of purchase and at the breeders house, this is absolute fraud, no more no less, while that dog is probably sweet the bottom line is she clearly a mutt and nowhere near worth 1900.00, I would be royally pissed if that were my parents being screwed and would do everything to get their money back!!!!

To err is human, to forgive, is canine.
LARHAGE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
x11
Banned

geez LARHAGE, a bit harsh on the poor folks, i am sure they can feel bad without yr help.

but yes to save other others the same situation the police should be notified.
x11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I am so sorry this happened to your aunt and uncle. Ember is a gorgeous little dog. I'm glad they love her and hope they have many happy years together. What a shame there are such crooked people in this world.
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by x11 View Post
geez LARHAGE, a bit harsh on the poor folks, i am sure they can feel bad without yr help.

but yes to save other others the same situation the police should be notified.
I'm fairly confident that LARHAGE was talking about the woman who sold the dog when she said that people suck not the people who got taken..if that is what you're referring to..just saying..
ksotto333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.