Got Taken BIG TIME! - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #31 (permalink)
Knighted Member

The lady said that she will 'mail them' the registration papers. The only papers that they got was a vaccine record showing when shots were given. I was getting a little pissed at them for not at least contacting me before they purchased,but I could tell that they already felt bad about it, not to mention really embarrassed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickelfritz View Post
Did they get any paperwork on this pup? AKC paperwork?!
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharrissc View Post
The lady said that she will 'mail them' the registration papers. The only papers that they got was a vaccine record showing when shots were given. I was getting a little pissed at them for not at least contacting me before they purchased,but I could tell that they already felt bad about it, not to mention really embarrassed.
I can only imagine the embarrassment for paying $1900 for a dog, at a gas station! LOL.

You know what, it's probably the best $1900 they've ever spent.
Snickelfritz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #33 (permalink)
Elite Member

if the vaccines were given at a vet clinic (I would be surprised if those were not fake, too) contact the clinic. They would have her address.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #34 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LARHAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchonGSD View Post
if the vaccines were given at a vet clinic (I would be surprised if those were not fake, too) contact the clinic. They would have her address.

Thats an excellent idea, but would the Clinic give out the information?

To err is human, to forgive, is canine.
LARHAGE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #35 (permalink)
Knighted Member

They detective that my aunt called did take a report,but did suggest that they file a civil suit. He said that technically that should have done a little more research to be sure that they were getting the right dog (I'm sure they know that now),but this woman knew exactly what she was doing in terms of selling them a dog she knew wasn't what they were looking for. The vet was called and it turns out that the records are real,but they can't give out her address unless requested by an official. It looks like they are going to try to pursue it. I also suggested that they take the time to join this forum, although they don't have a GSD. The only good thing is that I can tell they love Ember and she will be taken care of.

BTW the check was cashed the same day.

Last edited by Gharrissc; 11-19-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #36 (permalink)
Master Member

Even the AKC was trying to get the word out. Never buy a puppy without papers. You will never get them "later".

They do have a "Buyer Beware" on their website.

https://classic.akc.org/future_dog_o...ers_beware.cfm
Old 11-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #37 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharrissc View Post
My aunt and uncle stopped by on their way back to Charleston and brought along with their new dog, Ember.I knew that they were looking for a dog and considered a GSD,but didn't hear anything else about it. Long story short, they got this dog from a lady in the paper who would never let them come to her house because of 'safety reasons',since she was a single woman. She met them at gas station and had two adult dogs that she claimed were the parents. My aunt said that the woman said that the male's name was 'Captain' and that he was in Westminster last year. I remember the dog that she is talking about who won the herding group,but I doubt that was him.

They paid $1900 for this dog who was supposed to be a 'show line' dog which was the reasoning this lady gave for this dog looking so different. My uncle told me that this lady advertises in the paper all of the time and has different breeds. They talked to this lady for about a month before deciding to purchase,they just feel incredibly stupid for falling for her scheme.

She didn't ever let them see her house,but my uncle did memorize the license number on her truck. I suggested canceling the check they gave her.

My aunt and uncle are both cat people and have been around dogs a little,but aren't really dog saavy.I am impressed though that they had a trainer and good vet already lined up. I just wish they would have done a little more research on unscrupolous breeders or at least told me when they were going to get a dog for sure.

I guess the only good thing about this is that they love this little dog and do take great care of her. They both go to training with her every week and have gotten her spayed,even though this woman was trying to push them to breed.They may be out of $1900, if they can't find out where this lady lives to pursue charges. They have had Ember for three weeks.
I couldn't believe this whole thread when I read it. How old are your relatives? Red flags should have gone up immediately. Anyway, if the dog is loved and well taken care of, then the dog is priceless to your aunt and uncle because of the joy it has brought into their lives.

Jazz von Jagenstadt aka Tosca
J litter
DHau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.