Got Taken BIG TIME! - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksotto333 View Post
I'm fairly confident that LARHAGE was talking about the woman who sold the dog when she said that people suck not the people who got taken..if that is what you're referring to..just saying..
Agreed
I see nothing rude or harsh about what Larhage said...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My brother-in-law and his wife once bought a black lab puppy. That puppy was no more lab than I was. He was always small, skinny and looked like a whippet. Perfectly nice, little dog. It is wrong, however, to deceive people into thinking they are getting something they're not. Add to that an exorbitant price tag and it is just doubly wrong.
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

Although I'm sure it's too late to cancel the check they could file a civil suit against the seller if they are willing to go through all the hassel. If they've got the sellers name and can figure an approximate age the police might have record of her and have an address. I would contact law enforcement in the area of the purchase first and request a report be taken (they can decline to do so based on it being a civil suit matter rather than a normal criminal matter.) If the police/sheriff's department declines to take any action they will have to contact a civil attorney and be prepared to spend more money in the hopes of getting some recompense from this woman. So sorry for them!
rangersdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
x11
Banned

"...Oh my God people suck! I can't believe they would pay that much without getting papers at the time of purchase and at the breeders house..."

you read what you want to read, i will read english.
x11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Knighted Member

At least Ember is with great people who are taking care of her, I just wish they didn't support a scam artist. They certainly don't love her any less now. She's always hanging out with my uncle in the garage when he's working on his cars. They are going to see if they can cancel the check and have left a message for the investigator at the sheriff's dept. They have learned their lesson though if they get another dog. Before they left, they said that they thought something was a little off about her being a GSD because of others that they have met after they purchased her. You have people that waited for years to get a dog until they were home more,and this the first experience they have. Lesson learned though.

Last edited by Gharrissc; 11-18-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member

When I was looking for a gsd pup I saw a breeder fairly close to me with a really pretty 8 mos old pup- they said they were going to keep it for themselves because of the bloodline but if I REALLY wanted her they'd sell her. The woman met me at a McDonald's parking lot with the pup who was completely wild with bare spots on her legs from being kenneled. I think the pup had been sold and returned. The woman refused to let me come to her place for security and health reasons, blah blah blah. She came with the dog's papers and a contract ready to unload her on the spot. Needless to say, I declined.
Stosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Judge Judy. She is a dog lover and I saw an episode where a guy in Yakima, WA sold some people a "teacup Chihuahua" that turned out to be over 10lb. Probably around 15lb.
Looks like a typical E. WA Chihuahua which is actually probably purebred but few are "teacup" and they look like mutts, really.
Anyway - Judge Judy ruled in the plaintiff's favor and they got their money back and I believe kept the dog.
BTW, same thing - they met at a gas station, and Judy said that should have been a red flag from the git-go!
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

LHarge isn't saying the people that bought the dog suck. she's
really surprised that the people paid $1,900.00 for a dog and they
don't know what kind of dog they bought. come on, they met
the seller in a gas station and forked over $1,900.00. they don't have
the name of the seller or an address, geeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x11 View Post
"...Oh my God people suck! I can't believe they would pay that much without getting papers at the time of purchase and at the breeders house..."

you read what you want to read, i will read english.
doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

They got the license plate. All you have to do is contact the DMV and you can get the name and address of someone
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

Many many people fall for expensive scams everyday, and this one isn't even slightly the most far fetched of them all. Everyones out to scam you these days. Just post an "apartment wanted" ad on Craigslist and see how many people from a church group in South Africa reply to you! Anyways, the pup is super cute. I hope the scam artist is caught and taught a lesson.
GoSailGo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.