Coffee Lovers - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 01:11 AM   #31 (permalink)
Crowned Member

im in agreement with costco, organic whole bean coffe, i buy the one in the yellow package, its real dark, and sooooo delicious. really cant beat the price
lorihd@comcast.net is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 01:17 AM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'm surprised to hear so many people still drink Folgers!
I was going to say the same but hoped it didn't sound rude...!

I grew up w/folger's, and thought that's all there was. One day I discovered Yuban, and realized the Columbian roast was so much smoother/less acidic, and less bitter!

That's the main reason I can't stand starbucks, is it's so bitter. I think it's overpriced, too.

Tully's was still on sale at Bi-mart (Pac NW store) so we got more tonight, $5.99 a bag, but to me, that's spendy so I save it for days when I want a bit of something extra special and drink Yuban the rest of the time.

I have had Costco's coffee and enjoy it, too, and when my Yuban supply is gone, I'm sure we'll switch to that, instead.
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 01:48 AM   #33 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Doesn't sound rude at all. I've been too lazy to try other coffees especially when I can't seem to find a sample of something new until I find one that I like. Theirs so many out there,it's hard to choose.Looks like I have some good things to look for though to try from this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvette2u View Post
I was going to say the same but hoped it didn't sound rude...!

I grew up w/folger's, and thought that's all there was. One day I discovered Yuban, and realized the Columbian roast was so much smoother/less acidic, and less bitter!

That's the main reason I can't stand starbucks, is it's so bitter. I think it's overpriced, too.

Tully's was still on sale at Bi-mart (Pac NW store) so we got more tonight, $5.99 a bag, but to me, that's spendy so I save it for days when I want a bit of something extra special and drink Yuban the rest of the time.

I have had Costco's coffee and enjoy it, too, and when my Yuban supply is gone, I'm sure we'll switch to that, instead.

Last edited by Gharrissc; 11-18-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #34 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

LOL, I am sorry - I have had all kinds of coffee for decades and think, for the most part coffee is coffee with some aroma differences. I do like a dark roast and understand they are easier on the stomach than other roasts (which seems it would be the other way)

If you want to spend a lot of money to drink coffee from beans that have been recovered from cat poo (Sumatra) have fun! You might enjoy this movie scene (Hey I am old).

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles

Last edited by jocoyn; 11-18-2012 at 08:24 AM.
jocoyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #35 (permalink)
Elite Member

We change up around here, I like 8'oclock, and Dunkin Donuts. I did switch from a coffee maker to a percolator. I think the taste comes through so much better, plus the coffee is much hotter. Takes about 8 minutes to brew a full pot.
ksotto333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #36 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arycrest View Post
Years ago I went to Hawaii a couple times and fell in love with Kona coffee. My problem was that when I bought some beans and ground them and made coffee at home it never tasted the same. I experimente with different types of tap, filtered and bottled spring water and could never get it to taste like it did there. Any one know what I was doing wrong.
It just tasted better because you were in Hawaii
julie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie87 View Post
It just tasted better because you were in Hawaii
Wouldn't EVERYTHING be better in Hawaii??

Quote:
Theirs so many out there,it's hard to choose.Looks like I have some good things to look for though to try from this post.
You can't go wrong with Yuban or the coffee from Costco. I've had their Colombian (not sure about the organic kind) and it was awesome, too.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #38 (permalink)
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to Powell

I like Kona.... really like Kenya AA. I love Jamaican Blue Mountain, but whhhooooeee it is so expensive. To me, Starbucks tastes moldy.....

Powell
Powell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

They did a taste test and McDonald's coffee won over Starbucks. Not sure as that's saying a lot though...
Old 11-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #40 (permalink)
Knighted Member

[QUOTE=jocoyn;2632778
[B]If you want to spend a lot of money to drink coffee from beans that have been recovered from cat poo (Sumatra) have fun![/B]

Whaaaaaa?????

http://redheadsrocketsandramblings.blogspot.com/
RocketDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.