I should really not look at dog ads... - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 03:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master Member

Heartbreaking. How can we stop this?!!!! ((( and the ad says "will trade" wtf is wrong with people tears (((

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
julie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 03:59 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
At least $100 maybe more.. When we load our girls up (inside the vehicle of course) to go home from a walk or hike, they'll sometimes only put their front paws up and look at you like " hey what a bout a little boost"?
Not that hard to train for. Put the tailgate down and start throwing the ball back there from time to time.
WhiteSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 04:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSpirit View Post
Not that hard to train for. Put the tailgate down and start throwing the ball back there from time to time.

I've got a feeling just about ANY GSD in this situation would jump in the truck (or car..LOL!) with hopes of getting the heck outta there! Smoke sure didn't hesitate... I have a topper on the pickup, he was in and ready to go and not getting out at the 1st chance. GSDs aint stupid... (yet the females there were so incredibly beat down they wouldn't even leave the "doghouse". ) Sometimes I just really don't like humans much
Old 11-18-2012, 04:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
Master Member

[QUOTE=julie87;2632753]Heartbreaking. How can we stop this?!!!! ((( and the ad says "will trade" wtf is wrong with people tears (((

Stop it by not buying puppies from pet shops or puppy mills. Educate others to do the same. And my strategy is to check the ads where I'm gonna be, and if they are decent enough to at least list the adults they are needing to be rid of (because they are done producing, and the fate of most adult puppy mill dogs is a hole in the ground...) go get them. They aren't worth anything to these people, and you can get them for next to nothing, or nothing. Yes, they may have some issues... but I have done this a few times now, not all GSD over the years... bring em home, love them up, provide them with training and love, and rehome if need be to loving well screened homes. I haven't been able to keep them all, but every one has had a forever loving home that they were ready to go to after living in my home learning how to love life, and just be a dog, not a puppy machine. Smoke was TERRIFIED of the park...swings were horrifying to him..LOL! A few months of going places, and being loved in a home, he was totally cool with the world. Thumbnail is just a couple weeks in...he was so overjoyed to be loved
Attached Thumbnails
I should really not look at dog ads...-smoke-n-ty.jpg  
Old 11-18-2012, 06:21 AM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Rosa

I can't think of anything worse being said in an add where a dog is for sale "will trade"

Sometimes you see these type of adds on the main advertising site in Ireland and you just have to think how and why would you trade your dog!! I don't get it

Hopefully you can help this dog!
Rosa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

The (will trade) I wouldn't be comfortable with. But breeders often sell their retiring adults for less. There is nothing wrong with this. It's getting them out of the breeding circuit without upsetting the other dogs. Some breeders when they retire can have adjustment problems. I've seen one that kept puppy napping the newborns and hiding them. Never hurting them but finding a den like area and try to nurse them. It can be harmful to the mother of the pups and possibly lethal for the pups if you don't find them in time.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSpirit View Post
They can do it, and will when we leave from home to go for the walk, it's the return trip they'll pull this stunt. They may be tired, but I suspect a bit of protest that we are done with the walk/hike.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
They can do it, and will when we leave from home to go for the walk, it's the return trip they'll pull this stunt. They may be tired, but I suspect a bit of protest that we are done with the walk/hike.
It was one of the first things I trained Spirit with. The most protest she gives me is a frustrated look but then up into whatever I tell her lol.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
Master Member

I am getting giddy I have an answer to my email... I want this dog SOOO bad! She would make my Christmas Things have not gone great for me this year... but my dogs are my best friends. Hands down. Plan 1 is she is our newest family member. It's funny how looking at a picture can make you feel a connection. (and I'm more of a coatie person...but something about this one made me stop and look again...) Wish me luck!! I will be down there Wednesday for the BMX grands (my lil boy has kicked some rear this year...you can watch him race live on the usabmx.com site friday morning @ 7:30 ! 5& under novice) Yeah, I'm proud!
Old 11-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
Elite Member

Check your local animal care ordinances re permissible chain weight. The size of that thick, heavy chain might be illegal, depending in where you are (too heavy). A call to animal control might conceivably spring her from that life...and into your arms when she becomes adoptable at the shelter.

I know of at least one state that allows prosecution for too-heavy chains under cruelty laws (since the weight can severely damage the neck and spine). I don't think most will, though.
Magwart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.