Quilt finally done!!!! - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #21 (permalink)
Elite Member

Keep it? I can't LOL I don't have the room! I have one on my bed, I have 5 in the house on the walls, and I've sold about 10, and donated over 30!

No more room at the inn! The only other option is to stop making them!!!!
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #22 (permalink)
Elite Member

Ozzymamma - that's too bad!!!! And I just sold it last weekend!!! I am NOT making another one of those ... too much work, and not enough time right now, not with Kyleigh!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Oh -sorry thought it was your first quilt
holland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #24 (permalink)
Crowned Member

LOL, I admire quilters, a couple of my Aunts do it and the work and love they put into it.

I have always wanted a log cabin one. We have a couple different ones my MIL did, when dh was away all the time in his younger days he took one of his mom's, one she hated. She did a double take the first time she came for a visit and saw it on the back of my couch. She still doesn't care for it, but I think she was touched I rescued it and we use it.

I am banned from spending money anyways right now until we move. I think the icing on the cake was the iron mantel clock I bought yesterday Dh is afraid we won't have any room left at the new house, or money to move into it ROFL!
ozzymama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #25 (permalink)
Elite Member

I'm flattered you thought that was my first quilt!!!! I remember my first couple of quilts ... I gave them to my last dog as a shred toy LOL
Old 11-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #26 (permalink)
Elite Member

Banned from spending money LOL ... about three months ago, my dad actually saw how much fabric I have and told me flat out ... NO MORE FABRIC ... use what you have before you buy more. I have enough fabric to make about 100 quilts LOL ... good advice! Between my fabric and books, if the house ever catches on fire, it's gone in a flash!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #27 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Nice! I haven't done any quilting in a while. For me, quilting means piecing as I will never likely hand quilt something haha! I like that you did a "stitch in the ditch" on the square blocks with the "X" through the four blocks. Very nice!

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
wildo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #28 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleigh View Post
I'm flattered you thought that was my first quilt!!!! I remember my first couple of quilts ... I gave them to my last dog as a shred toy LOL
Funny story about first quilts-

I decided to get into quilting because my grandpa had made a few (very very nice!) quilts. And so one day home on summer break from college, I just decided to make a quilt. So I laid out a bunch of fabric on the floor, grabbed my chalk line and snapped some lines on the fabric!! I even cut everything with scissors back in those days. LOL!

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
wildo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #29 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Kyleigh your quilts are beautiful! I love quilting and sewing. I have't done any quilting in a while but the past couple of years I taught my daughter how to sew, which she took to and now loves to do. I remember about 20 years ago my DH and I moved to a big farmhouse in southwestern Colorado, we were not working at the time and I hand sewed every curtain in the house. I didn't have a sewing machine at the time and thought it would be a challenge...it was!
Now if I can only learn to knit!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #30 (permalink)
Elite Member

Wildo ... I'm old enough to know what you are talking about LOL ... I have to admit, I'm happy with the "progress" quilting has made - rotary blades, cutting mats, etc. AND my dream machine!!!

BEARGSD - I can knit also, and am getting ready to knit my Christmas scarves for the season. (I have to do up 150 of them by Dec 15!)

My grandmothers, who have both passed on, taught both my sister and I how to do all the "crafty" things. My sister doesn't like to do it, but I have carried on the tradition. I even know how to weave on a loom ... just don't have one to do it on!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.