Husband was in Car Accident - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense at all. They said it's because it is too many open accounts. It's three open accounts, I get that. It's 1150 Dollars of debt that is left but the credit score is horrible due to it. And they declined us despite us having our debit account, credit account and car loan with them for the past four years and we've always been in good standing with them. Always paid our bills with them.

Right now I am seriously freaking out and I don't know if I should laugh or crie...
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Stop freaking out and go talk to a car dealer. They will find financing. It sounds like you are only working with one bank?

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
Crowned Member

you should also be able to get a loaner until you can get another car - like 30 days is normal.....!!!!

If you were looking for 2 used cars - and get 13-15K for the Jeep in cash - it seems you could buy at least one car outright, pay off the debt, and maybe get a small loan on the second one to re-establish credit - the dealers are great at getting loans - they get a point usually, and have resources to write anyone!

Lee

wolfstraum.net

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
Stop freaking out and go talk to a car dealer. They will find financing. It sounds like you are only working with one bank?
Well, it is mainly because of the GAP insurance, that gives us a 1000 Dollars but only if we finance through them, which we can't since they declined us, now.

But yeah, we should probably go to a car dealer and see what we can do.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Actually, when my car was totaled, as soon as they made the determination that it was totaled, they pulled my rental. I was furious.

If money is owed to the bank, the insurance settlement typically goes to the bank and the check has the banks name on it as lienholder.

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
Actually, when my car was totaled, as soon as they made the determination that it was totaled, they pulled my rental. I was furious.

If money is owed to the bank, the insurance settlement typically goes to the bank and the check has the banks name on it as lienholder.
Yeah, that is what happened in our case. And thank the lord I insisted on the GAP insurance.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #27 (permalink)

Having just gone through my car being totaled I'll give you my hindsight. First, like someone else said, don't take their first offer, do some online research on what points you have to negotiate. I ended up getting about $4000 more than the initial offer.
Also, make sure to get reimbursed for anything in the car that got ruined as a result of the accident. For example, my accident was at night and we couldn't see to get anything but the basics out of the car. The wreckers took it to the yard and swore to me they'd put a tarp over the car (that was missing the windshield and the driver's side window). Well they put a tarp on the car but didn't secure it (DUH!), when I got there the next day to retrieve what I could it was all in 2 inches of water. I had to then get reimbursed for a bunch of other stuff, which I threw a hissy fit about and they suddenly remembered that they had to pay for it by law (2 iPods, a wool coat, a camera, etc, I was on my way home from getting a puppy so had my cameras, a crate, etc in the car).
Sorry you are going through this .

www.coppercreekdvg.com- All Breed Schutzhund Club

Home of Umarek von Hugelblick, my good luck charm!
bocron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Well, my husband did the whole thing. It's his first experience. They offered almost 13 000 and to him that sounded really good because it only left us to pay of with 2500 which was covered by the GAP insurance... what's done is done. At least we don't have any debt on that.

Last edited by Mrs.K; 11-12-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #29 (permalink)

Mrs.K, my wife and I went through that before and know it's a horrible thing to deal with! When we were stationed in Germany (many years ago now lol) we mostly had german used cars. With one exception we bought from german nationals who worked on post/base and were recommended by friends. The only time we bought a german car from an American we got taken advantage of. Check around your husband's unit and you may have good luck too. Best wishes!
rangersdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

My friends neighbor is a car guy. He really knows his stuff and usually fixes cars up himself. We told him our budget and he's going to check craigslist first and will also go to the dealerships with us.

I just wish things would be easier. We wanted to buy a second car and now we are stuck with one car again... it's a whole chaineffect...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.