German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   What Are Your Thanksgiving Plans (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/194142-what-your-thanksgiving-plans.html)

Gharrissc 11-10-2012 07:22 PM

What Are Your Thanksgiving Plans

What are your Thanksgiving plans or lack thereof? As of right now everyone is coming to our house,but that could change over the next few days. I do know that if everyone comes here I will not be doing all the cooking this year.

blehmannwa 11-10-2012 07:37 PM

I love Thanksgiving but this year my husband will likely be in the hospital. I'm going to do my best to ignore Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's stressful enough to make sure that the dogs are taken care of while he is convalescing. I need to concentrate on keeping everyone on an even keel.

GsdLoverr729 11-10-2012 07:40 PM

I'll be baking a honey-baked ham, making some special mashed potatoes and doing steak/chicken in my marinade (all secret home recipes I came up with). Since Matt is still gonna be gone, I'll be spending it with my family.
We're going to get together at my father's dad's house. I'll probably be outside during the entire thing with Koda since she does not like being surrounded so closely by people.

Scarlettsmom 11-10-2012 07:56 PM

Going to my parents house with my daughter and son. My sister will be coming over from the UK with her boyfriend. (Which sounds SO weird to say...since they are both 40+ years old and widow/widowers). We are meeting him for the first time, and he is meeting us...poor guy. ;)

llombardo 11-10-2012 08:00 PM

I usually have Thanksgiving at my house every year. This year I was considering bypassing it because of my mom. This will be the first Thanksgiving without her and I'm not sure I'll be in the mood. My dad asked me tonight what we are doing, so I guess if he's ready, I will cook and be the host. Maybe we need one night with all of us together as a family. We haven't all been together at one time since my mom passed. I'm sure that mom would want us to be together as a family:)

Gharrissc 11-10-2012 08:04 PM

Can you say awkward? It may not be for you,but I was a nervous wreck the first time I met my husband's family and of course when he met mine, especially my parents.It worked out though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlettsmom (Post 2626318)
We are meeting him for the first time, and he is meeting us...poor guy. ;)

Scarlettsmom 11-10-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gharrissc (Post 2626322)
Can you say awkward? It may not be for you,but I was a nervous wreck the first time I met my husband's family and of course when he met mine, especially my parents.It worked out though.

we are hoping it works out. We are all friends on Facebook, so we've sort of gotten to know him. My sister said her husband would have really liked him. We are all so happy that she has perhaps found someone after losing her husband to cancer when they were so young. He's never been to the US before, so it's going to be a lot to take in. I hope we don't overwhelm the poor man. :0)

TommyB681 11-10-2012 08:54 PM

Just heading home to see the family and eating an unhealthy about of food

Jax08 11-10-2012 09:01 PM

Cook Wednesday, eat with family on Thursday, farrier on Friday, ACS on Saturday to work with the Shepherds, Sleep on Sunday

DJEtzel 11-10-2012 09:17 PM

Thursday I'm going with my boyfriend to meet his extended family for the first time at his aunt's house, they're gathering to spend time with his grandma who has Alzheimers and probably won't be here next year.