Ideas on what to get mum and dad - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ideas on what to get mum and dad

Not sure if im posting this in the right place as im knackerdddd

First pay check is coming through soon and I want to get my mum and dad something (because im the best son ever)

A friend of mine said men and women watches (a set). My parents are divorced so i think that would be a bit weird

I was thinking getting mum swarovski as she collects it and dad a rolex.

Only thing is The price difference and the watch

Dad only wares watches when we go weddings or parties ect - would a rolex be worth it?

Plus the price difference is allot. Swarovski at £300 appx. and rolex being £2000 appx

I dont know what to dooo Any ideas on what to get them?
dylano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm making my parents each their own candle, candle holder and candle cover set based on their favorite colors, scents, and animals. My mom likes odd simple shapes so hers will be such, dad likes plain things so his will be plain. Generally pretty cheap but still very personal and I know they'll like them.
I'm also getting circular cedar-wood pieces and doing wood burnings into them. Lol (:

Idk your parents' personalities... That's just my ideas (:
Old 11-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsdLoverr729 View Post
I'm making my parents each their own candle, candle holder and candle cover set based on their favorite colors, scents, and animals. My mom likes odd simple shapes so hers will be such, dad likes plain things so his will be plain. Generally pretty cheap but still very personal and I know they'll like them.
I'm also getting circular cedar-wood pieces and doing wood burnings into them. Lol (:

Idk your parents' personalities... That's just my ideas (:
Aw! Im not really good at making things like that My mum is into that sorta stuff but dad isnt. Plus i wanted to use my first pay check do get them something as its kinda me giving back something small for the 17 years they've 'dealt' with me
Old 11-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

They would probably be happier if you saved the money for your future. Parents are funny that way.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyAway View Post
They would probably be happier if you saved the money for your future. Parents are funny that way.
I agree with this, but if you really want to do something, try taking your mom out for a nice dinner and maybe take your dad to a soccer game or something else he may enjoy.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I think you are putting way too much pressure on yourself. Your parents will be happy with whatever you get them IMO.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Oh, goodness, what a good son you are. Your parents should be proud.

I think the Rolex idea is very generous of you, but if your dad wouldn't wear it at all times, then it would be a huge amount of money spent for something that would stay mostly in a box.
And yes, you are correct, it would be better if the gifts had similar value. You don't want to inadvertently send the wrong message.

As a parent, the most precious thing to me is time. That is priceless. A gift I loved from my son was a hand made coupon booklet. The coupons ranged from one hug on demand to making breakfast, to going out to dinner.

I was thinking you could take each of them on a weekend somewhere they would like, somewhere they would never go on their own, or always wanted to go but never got around to it. Take pictures, frame the pictures, so they can always have the memories to see.

Does Swarovski make a locket? If she wears jewelry, might your mum like a locket with the photo inside?
Old 11-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharrissc View Post
I think you are putting way too much pressure on yourself. Your parents will be happy with whatever you get them IMO.
Hey, thats for your input. I know they will be happy with whatever but the reason why im putting pressure on myself is because i have not been the perfect son and i just want to give something back
Old 11-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
Oh, goodness, what a good son you are. Your parents should be proud.

I think the Rolex idea is very generous of you, but if your dad wouldn't wear it at all times, then it would be a huge amount of money spent for something that would stay mostly in a box.
And yes, you are correct, it would be better if the gifts had similar value. You don't want to inadvertently send the wrong message.

As a parent, the most precious thing to me is time. That is priceless. A gift I loved from my son was a hand made coupon booklet. The coupons ranged from one hug on demand to making breakfast, to going out to dinner.

I was thinking you could take each of them on a weekend somewhere they would like, somewhere they would never go on their own, or always wanted to go but never got around to it. Take pictures, frame the pictures, so they can always have the memories to see.

Does Swarovski make a locket? If she wears jewelry, might your mum like a locket with the photo inside?
Heyy, yea im kind of going away from a rolex. Mum doesnt really wear jewelry. I know she has been keeping her eye on this figurine that swarovski do so i pretty much know what to get her. Dad on the other hand isnt really into anything. Us guys are always so hard to buy for
Old 11-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylano View Post
Hey, thats for your input. I know they will be happy with whatever but the reason why im putting pressure on myself is because i have not been the perfect son and i just want to give something back
You know, you could sit down and write your dad a letter. It isn't always easy for guys to talk about their feelings, and I am sure he would like to know he is appreciated. When a friend's son turned 18, he wrote his mum a long letter and she carried it with her everywhere. She said it was the most wonderful thing he could have ever given her.

The best gifts are sometimes not of the material kind.
Good luck finding the perfect one.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.