Ideas on what to get mum and dad - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylano View Post
Heyy, yea im kind of going away from a rolex. Mum doesnt really wear jewelry. I know she has been keeping her eye on this figurine that swarovski do so i pretty much know what to get her. Dad on the other hand isnt really into anything. Us guys are always so hard to buy for

Yes, men are difficult to buy things for. My husband gets whatever he wants when he wants it. I hope my calculations are close, but 2000 pounds is about $3000 US dollars and 300 pounds is about $500 US dollars?

I like simple jewelry, it does not need to be expensive. Here are some brands of watches that might be more practical and stylish:

Mens watches | Braun Time

Mens Watches | TOKYObay: accessories for style-minded individuals.

My style is somewhat modern. For unique gifts I like to go on museum websites and shop from their stores.

As someone who cooks all the time, I really appreciate when someone takes me out for a good meal and there is no clean up. Maybe you can take your parents out, each separately for a nice dinner?

Or what about a camera for your dad? guys like electronics.
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

I liked the idea of spending time with each parent and you footing the bill (dinner, a movie, a sporting event, charter a fishing guide...something like that).
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 12:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Elite Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Twyla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylano View Post
Hey, thats for your input. I know they will be happy with whatever but the reason why im putting pressure on myself is because i have not been the perfect son and i just want to give something back
My son had his issues, won't list them, but lord I thought some days .....

The best thing he gave me was coming to me and saying 'Thank you' and that he was glad I was so tough on him.

It doesn't have to be material things given, dinner out .... just the words, showing your understanding and appreciation.

Those 2 words and the brief conversation lasted maybe 5 minutes is the best gift my son has ever given me.
Twyla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Elite Member

For me, the best gift I ever got from my daughter was a high school paper she had to write.
It was titled..."Who do you consider your hero and why?".

I thought for sure she was going to use her grandfather, my dad.
I was a single mom and became very ill when she was younger.
My parents, especially dad, helped out a lot...they were kind of like second parents.
My father was a wonderful man, retired military war veteran and had made his own way in life. They did everything together.
(He was my own personal hero.)

Nope...turns out that she thought I was her hero. I was shocked. It was the best gift I could've ever gotten!

And, didn't cost a penny....

So, I like the letter idea. Something from your heart...In addition maybe dinner, flowers for mum and a small thing for dad ( keychain or pocket knife)?

Last edited by KatsMuse; 11-11-2012 at 09:03 AM.
KatsMuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.