What do YOU do... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default What do YOU do...

When your significant other is gone for a while? I don't mean during the day, or just overnight.

I'm staying with my parents while Matt is in Connecticut doing some work for a month. And I'm completely lost... If I didn't have to work full-time right now, I would be with him and so would Koda. But as is we just can't have it the way we want.
So I need something to do while I'm not at work. Right now, I walk, work with Koda, draw, and spend time on here. But I still have spare time. And it leaves me feeling quite blue. I'm so used to having him with me

So. What do you guys do when you're away from your significant other for a week or longer???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

As you get older it becomes more like a vacation for both and you enjoy it Sorry thats all I got

P.S. I would be the perfect wife for an over the road trucker
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC
Brennan- Golden Retriever

"A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you
more than he loves himself."
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

LOL! I'm fine with a couple days, we both do well then.
But a month or more is just... So long... x.x Plus, I now only have 2 cuddle buddies to sleep with and I'm used to three
I can't seem to keep myself busy xD
Old 11-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

DH and I have very different hobbies, so there are weeks we rarely see each other. This week he's so busy at work that he is coming home as I go to bed, and then he gets up super early for basketball. Before he was a teacher he worked second and third shift security so often I wouldn't see him all week even though we were married and living together. I'm pretty independent so my activities don't really change whether DH is around or not. If he's around then we get dinner and watch movies and if he's not around I just have dinner alone and watch movies he wouldn't like Right now I have two different types of dog training each week (Tuesday flyball, Sunday Schutzhund). I do a lot of house projects and chores. DH doesn't really do any housework unless I ask which is fine because I am OCD about cleaning and having little projects. Tomorrow I'm attempting to install a new stereo in my van and Saturday I'm making some flyball training equipment.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I think some sports would be great to do once my work schedule goes back to normal in 2 weeks. If I had a dog who wanted to participate in them xD
I may need to go to the Redbox and rent a few new releases. (: I'm pretty OCD about cleaning as well. Our home smells like Fabuloso all the time

But being at my parents, I can't just clean constantly. My niece dirties everything faster than I clean, and they lack severely in Fabuloso xD
Old 11-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

As much as my husband and I love each other, we actually like the time apart from each other sometimes. Husband stayed home in January while I went to Virginia to visit my parents for a couple of weeks. During that time, we Skyped and other than that we would call each other just to say hey and make sure we both were still living ( I know I'm a loving wife huh?!?). So as much as we love each other, we can also function without one another. Some of you are probably thinking that I definitely wouldn't get the Wife Of The Year award. LOL

As far as everyday hobbies go, my husband is an avid Pool player and loves landscaping. I will usually go horseback riding or do something with the dogs or friends. We are both pretty independent and enjoy the alone time as much as we do together time.

Sometimes we can be in the same house,but doing different things. Like now I in the living room and he is in the garage working on a bike.

Last edited by Gharrissc; 11-08-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Well. I don't see Matt most of the day usually anyways. I'm just kind of lost.
I have nobody to tease me, no-one to cook for, nothing to clean. I guess maybe I'm more thrown off by being back at my parents for a month than I am that he's gone
Old 11-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Have some kids. You will no longer have extra time
Old 11-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Why did you go back to your parents home,instead of staying home?
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsdLoverr729 View Post

So. What do you guys do when you're away from your significant other for a week or longer???
LOL, mine's stuff is on the front porch and the locks have been re-keyed. His number is blocked from the house and my cell. He's been gone since Monday, work related, had an accident yesterday where he was sideswiped, that was all OK by my bedtime last night, but all I get today are two hurried texts? One saying he was Ok and missed us, the other regarding house closing information... Not flying with me, if you have time to text, you have time to call. Sue me for the new house, it's being listed Monday, goodbye jackass, learn to use your phone next time, hope you kissed your daughter goodbye, because you will never see her again. I'll be in a different mood tomorrow, but he knows I hate lack of communication, especially when I want to rip my hair out over this house deal - issues with the seller. So his stress, it's the last straw for me. Ship up, or ship out.

Sorry for the rant, usually it is fine, I shop, visit places he doesn't like and occupy our time apart as much as possible.
ozzymama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.