What do YOU do... - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
As you get older it becomes more like a vacation for both and you enjoy it Sorry thats all I got

P.S. I would be the perfect wife for an over the road trucker
Exactly what I was thinking, lol. I take a vacation by myself once a year just to get away from my family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I've been married over 30 years (yea, I keep saying that because sometimes it's just so hard to believe). My husband is gone at least two days a week, but home every weekend. During hunting season he is gone on the weekends too.

I enjoy my time alone. But I know it'd be a LOT harder if I wasn't in my own home.

Christmas is coming up. It'd be a great time to think of Christmas gifts you can make for your friends and family. That would keep you busy, save money and get Christmas shopping done early.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
As you get older it becomes more like a vacation for both and you enjoy it Sorry thats all I got

P.S. I would be the perfect wife for an over the road trucker
Bwahahaha! Eventually you'll be asking him, "Dont you have somewhere to go? "Are you sure you don't?"

My DH travels for work off and on. Before I had my son who now keeps me busy, I'd go to the library, go window shopping, rent myself a movie......

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Elite Member

My husband and I have only spent one week apart in the last 8 years we've been together. He works from home too and I don't work so we're pretty much together constantly, lol.

But we just get on really well together, we've never even had a screaming match type argument. We do have time alone sometimes though, when I want to read or whatever he'll go into the computer room and do his own thing or visa versa. Sometimes he'll go out and do stuff that I'm not really interested in.

That said when he was gone for the week on a business trip, I got caught up on some tv shows, cleaned, read and took my doggies places. At first I was loving it lol but towards the end of the week I was getting bored out of my skull.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 11-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Mine works in the oilfield and is gone about a month at a time. I spend a lot of time doing dog-related activities (training, showing, hanging out with dog show friends) or working on one of the million projects I always have going.

I miss him, but I'm glad to have time to myself!

Carly ~ AKC Champion, GCh pointed, HIC
Sage ~ AKC Ch. pointed (13 pts - chasing that last major), HIC
Russell ~ the big boy
Mimi & Pi ~ the meezers
dogfaeries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Mine has been gone a year and 6 months at this point :/ We see eachother 3 days out of every month, but that is not nearly enough. He is in the police academy in Dallas and the class is rigorous. Two 75's on tests and you are kicked out. He is living with his parents to save money while he is in the academy. He goes 6am to 5pm every single day so could not have a job too.

In two months he will be back for good. I am teary eyed right now thinking about it.

The only reason I have made it is because of Rocky.

What do I do? Anything possible to not be sad! I mainly get sad at night, so I started doing liquor promotions so I work from 9pm to 2am on weekends, 25$/hr and when I get home I am so tired I fall right asleep and don't have time to lay there and miss him.

During the day I run with Rocky, workout, study for class, and I go to happy hour twice a week with two girlfriends to talk about happy things
x0emiroxy0x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

When he lived here, we spent every second together (usually also with our friends!). We cooked breakfast lunch and dinner together, worked out together, studied together, went out together, everything. This was every day for two years.....I could never get tired of him. He is my best friend.
x0emiroxy0x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I guess I am in the minority because as much as I love my husband and love doing things with him,I definitely have to have my space and he is the same way. A little absence makes the heart grow fonder at least for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emiroxy0x View Post
When he lived here, we spent every second together (usually also with our friends!). We cooked breakfast lunch and dinner together, worked out together, studied together, went out together, everything. This was every day for two years.....I could never get tired of him. He is my best friend.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sunflowers- LOL! Matt says that's a no-no. I'm 18, he's 21. We both have a good bit of growing up to do before either of us is ready for a kid. And I would like to go through college first as well. Of course if it happens... I love babies! xD Don't tell him I said that

Gh- I don't have my license I know, shameful. I only recently got my learner's permit so now I still have to get all 40 hours in before I can get my license. So, without him there I can't get to work. hence heading to my parents' house. Sigh. Also, I think it's about 1/2 and 1/2. (:

Ozzymama- I'm sorry :/ It sounds like you're under a lot of stress right now. Hope things are better!

Carolyn- As I said, I'm 18 And this is only the second time we've been apart (last time was SUPPOSED to be for a month and wound up being 3 instead). So I'm very anxious to get my security blanket back haha!

Lilie- GREAT idea!!! He SHOULD be home by then as well, so I can try to figure out what to make him too (: I was hoping to make homemade candles, each scent depending on the person it's for. Maybe I'll do that while I'm here ^w^

Patchon- I have been "online window shopping" a bit. Mainly looking at different hardwoods and cabinets/countertops. I'd like to remodel our home and our landlord said, "Go for it! The place could use some sprucing up!"

Carriesue- We're generally only apart while at work, and at the moment we work the same hours (he used to work 3 pm-midnight). Our only argument thus far has been a small one, over Koda. And he just wanted her fully on raw while I wanted to keep her on raw/kibble lmao! xD

Diane- When I'm back to my normal work schedule I'll definitely start attending dog sports and shows again. (: Maybe I'll get to the point in the future where I'm just fine on my own As for now, I'm quite lonely and uncomfortable. o-o

Emiroxy- I can't imagine... Matt knows he couldn't leave me for that long. I'm simply not strong enough. This is why I'd never make it in a military relationship But I admire you for that. I feel the same way about him as you're describing. When we're not at work we're together. His friends are my friends, and vice versa. We never get bored or run out of ridiculous ideas to try out.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharrissc View Post
I guess I am in the minority because as much as I love my husband and love doing things with him,I definitely have to have my space and he is the same way. A little absence makes the heart grow fonder at least for us.
Ditto! My husband is very career-oriented. He teaches elementary school and special education full time, coaches soccer, and is working on his masters right now. I on the other hand work 8-5 but I like to take vacations, not anything expensive but getaways. I go to the cottage for two weeks every summer and often he can only come for a day at a time. I also struggle with the long, dark winters here so each April I go to the Florida coast for a week with my parents (though I didn't this past April). My husband can't bear to leave his class and will never ever get a sub and take a vacation day! I get a set amount of vacation every year and if I don't use it I lose it so I go away whether DH can come or not. I also travel 1-2 weekends a month for dog events and DH comes maybe once a year.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.