Reaching out - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
I have Aspergers
I don't know much about Aspergers other than what I've seen in the movies. It really must take a toll on you. I'm glad you opened up to us. I really respect that
Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Elite Member

I have an invisible chronic illness and I am at the age now when I should be enjoying life and living it up. I have come to realize through my struggles what my life is about. Smiling in spite of the pain, and living for those brief moments in time when I am happy/painfree.

That being sad, I have been attempting to change my thinking patterns. I tend to be a very negative thinker. This is going to sound silly but I started telling things I Love them. A pretty tree, a squirral, the moon, a pretty picture, anything I liked I silently said I love you. I started doing this for 5 minutes a day and now I'm always looking for something to love. Sounds silly crazy and yes, maybe a little stupid. However I think my next lesson in life is supposed to be how much love can heal.
Zira “To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” -J.K Rowling
ShenzisMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Elite Member

/hugs Zeeva You are welcome to PM me any time hun if you think it would help. I admire you so much for having the courage to talk about this.
Nikitta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master Member

When I'm having a bad day I usually throw on some sweats, grab a good book or my journal and veg. Baths work wonders as well. My best friend practices reki so I reach out to her sometimes.

We all have these days, you're stronger than you think for having the courage to share. I'm always around if you ever need anything

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Courtney M.
Gaia-GSD 03/09/2012
Cuervo vom Kiebitzende 07/01/2013
gaia_bear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Elite Member

Speaking of Reiki, I strongly recommend 'BodyTalk' by a certified practitioner.
Zira “To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” -J.K Rowling
Old 11-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I don't get depressed often but when I do I wait until the house is empty (i.e. husband at work, kids at school) Put on a sad t.v. show or movie or read a sad book , cry my eyes out, and cuddle on my dogs while watching it and for some strange reason that usually makes me feel better.
shepherdmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

no Zeeva, you are not sure many of us suffer from depression. please
get professional help, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeva View Post

>>>> I'm sure many of you suffer from depression and we all have our bad days...so what do you do on one of those bad days? <<<<

I know I've been a bit overwhelming in all my posts lately but I think this should be a positive one.

Here's what I do:
-Hang out with my doggies! Take them for a walk, train them, walky doggy with them, play tug, give them a bone and relax with them on the couch, pet them like crazy, groom them, yell at them for leaving piddle paddle on the floor, talk to them while they do their head tilts at me...etc
-Stay on the forum.
-Wiki whack
-Take a pep pill (only on some days where I feel I really need one)
-Look for places to volunteer
-Look for a job
-Reach out to people

My appointment is on the 20th. My GRE is on the 27th. I'm waiting for those days to pass in the hope that I'll feel better once they're over...Hopefully I'll relieve some of you then...

P.S. Thanks for all your support. I know it's corny of me to say this, but it means A LOT.
doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherdmom View Post
I don't get depressed often but when I do I wait until the house is empty (i.e. husband at work, kids at school) Put on a sad t.v. show or movie or read a sad book , cry my eyes out, and cuddle on my dogs while watching it and for some strange reason that usually makes me feel better.
Long Island Medium!
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
I..sleep, a lot. Usually on bad days, I can't muster much energy to do anything, not even play with the dog.

I hate that I can't ever do anything-- I feel like I'm made of cement.
This rings so true for me, especially this last month. I haven't been to school in a couple weeks. I barely have the energy to put on clothes, let alone get to school and deal with the anxiety that comes with that. My husband had to help me shower the other day. All I do is sleep and eat whatever food is put in front of me. The only good thing that has resulted is that I've lost the energy and will power to do anything, which includes things that may be harmful to myself.

I keep trying to get to the therapist at the university but he only accepts walk ins. And the anxiety that comes from that makes it so that I can't sleep. So I have to tell myself that I'm not going just so I can go to sleep. I'd rather it be based on appointments, because then someone else depends on me being there or I'll inconvenience them. If it's just walk-in, then the only person who is negatively affected is me, and that doesn't matter so I don't feel obligated to go.
Syaoransbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 01:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedad View Post
no Zeeva, you are not sure many of us suffer from depression. please
get professional help, please.
Actually statistically she is sure many of us suffer from depression. Say 10% of the population is depressed. As of now the population of this forum is 34 961. That means 3 496 of us have depression. I'd say that would count as many.

Anyways, I'd say professional help too. If you have a religion seek out your leaders for guidance, I'm sure they would be able to help. I would do both. A support system is crucial.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.