Toddler Killed by Painted Dogs - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Member

Mhm. Reminds me of when that kid climbed into the bear enclosure. He had an injury to his hand, so they killed both of the bears...

Gable: Black and Red GSD: 03/02/2012 -
Suki: Russian Blue: 03/02/2013 -
Anitsisqua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I hate to be a skeptic and I really hope this was a tragic accident. I am confused as to how the kid fell over the railing and then over eleven more feet of a protective barrier. I admit I can't really visualize this. Perhaps someone could paint me a picture. Even my 14 year old is saying it sounds fishy.

After that crazy woman in IL stabbed those two little kids to death, nothing shocks me. The entire situation is just horrible. Poor baby and poor wild dog.
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

We had a small child fall into the gorilla enclosure at a zoo in my area. One lucky kid, a mama gorilla's motherly instincts took over and she protected him and held him until the keepers got there.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I don't like how they keep saying 'the child lost its balance' as though that was the cause of its demise. The child shouldn't have been depending on balance to save its life, the mother should have been holding the child in such a way that the child's balance wouldn't have been a factor. An adult would have trouble balancing on the rail, who could expect a two year old to do it?

I don't blame the zoo at all. That exhibit doesn't seem as fail-safe as other zoos I've been to, but there's only so much you can do to combat stupidity.
Syaoransbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchonGSD View Post
No, you are not. That poor baby lost his life because of an idiot adult. When I hear of things like this, it almost makes me wonder if it was intentional. If you were stupid enough to put a child up on the rail, wouldnt you at least have a death grip on him?

God Bless his little soul.

ETA: And as a mother, let me tell you, nothing and no one would have stopped me from getting into the enclosure, I would have gone right over the rail after him.
My thought EXACTLY to all of the above.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
Capone22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenzachsmom View Post
I hate to be a skeptic and I really hope this was a tragic accident. I am confused as to how the kid fell over the railing and then over eleven more feet of a protective barrier. I admit I can't really visualize this. Perhaps someone could paint me a picture. Even my 14 year old is saying it sounds fishy.

After that crazy woman in IL stabbed those two little kids to death, nothing shocks me. The entire situation is just horrible. Poor baby and poor wild dog.
They have a demo of the enclosure and railing in the video link posted, but show nothing of the supposed 11 ft secondary barrier in either the live video from above or the demo.

Not sure why people are acting like mom threw the toddler into the enclosure or something, what is there to sound fishy? There were witnesses who I'm sure would speak up if mom tossed or pushed or somehow otherwise caused this purposefully.
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Elite Member

How absolutely tragic.

The only thing I would fault the zoo for? Not using a tranq gun instead of killing the dog ... that seems senseless to me
Old 11-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
They have a demo of the enclosure and railing in the video link posted, but show nothing of the supposed 11 ft secondary barrier in either the live video from above or the demo.

Not sure why people are acting like mom threw the toddler into the enclosure or something, what is there to sound fishy? There were witnesses who I'm sure would speak up if mom tossed or pushed or somehow otherwise caused this purposefully.

As a mother to a two year old little boy, 1) I cant not imagine putting him on top of a railing like that with the possibility of him falling just to the ground. 2) Even I were to put my two year old up on the rail "to get a better view" there is no way in **** he would slip from my hands. I'd have a hold of him so tight my knuckles would be white.

To me, it stinks. Its the perfect "accident." How easy for her to just "let go." She didnt need to shove him. JMO.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. I have the same feelings when I see little babies and toddlers in the front seats of newer vehicles (with airbags) or babies and toddlers left in a vehicle while the parent is shopping....playing with fire, IMO
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Crowned Member

This is AWFUL!
First, that poor little 2 yr old BETTER have died quickly. That may sound awful, but I can't even begin to imagine the pain...
Second, the zoo is not at fault. Like someone else said, it may not have had the BEST barrier but it did have two barriers and you can't fix people's stupidity.
Third, I agree with Patchon. What in the world could ever give mom the idea that putting her child there would be ok? Especially without an absolute death grip.
And last, they SHOULD have used a tranq gun rather than a bullet. That wild dog was just being what it is (in captivity or not)... WILD. Hence their names. Heck, there are a crapload of domestic dogs that would do that!!!

Absolutely tragic..... I can't stop picturing this being my niece
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.