Grrrrr neighbors - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

Default Grrrrr neighbors

When I built my fence a few years ago, the neighbor to my right had a privacy fence right on the property line but I persisted with the HOA to build mine 5 feet in my property line because I did not want fence fighting.

Neigbors fence is strange. Front and side with no back so she can see the woods. Fine. Put up some darned wire nobody will see it. She says she can't afford to run a fence section along the back of the yard. I am certain she can based on her house, her car yadayada....They are young and can manage to pay folks to cut their grass...grrrrr. I cut my own grass.

Stupid dog comes over and tries to dig under my fence and immediately tries to pick a fight and both Grim and Beau will fence fight with the little thing. She denied it until today when it happens and she is standing on her deck and I ask her again about the fence.

I told her today I was going to run wire from her fence down to the creek or run it in such a way her dog can't get to my fence without really leaving her yard. I have had it.

Just a rant. My other neighbors were not happy but understood that when they built THEIR fence after mine, I would not let them connect up and said..."I am 5 feet inside the property line and I want that space clear"

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

It will be everyone's fault but hers when something happens to her dog.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

I did pretty good at restraining my anger. She was standing on the deck feebly calling her dog who completely blew her off.

I went BEAU, LEAVE IT, COME! And he did. I don't leave mine out if I am gone because if I hear a ruckus I am out in a flash and I do not want a working dog who must be offlead encountering strange dogs to learn to fight them.

Fortunately her dogs are not left loose in the yard for much time, but only when she lets them out and leaves them for a bit to go potty-but she does go inside. Today the dog was so fast at making a beeline for my fence she did not have a chance to go inside. I don't know how on earth she does not hear the ruckus when it happens or chooses to ignore it.

I am scared that if the dog pokes is nose through my fence pickets that the nose will get bit and then my dog will be "responsible". My side fence is shadowbox but the back is picket. I may put chicken wire all along the outside of my back fence where I can't see it and bury it. Let the HOA come after me! My back fence is up against the woods.

Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
Old 11-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

We had a fence fighting issue when we first moved in. The neighbor kitty-corner behind us is basically using that corner of our fence. OK fine but he has a nasty Rottweiler (sorry I can't stand Rotts and this one in particular) that will come to the fence and make these horrible snarling noises, shoving his nasty face into the fence. It's a shadow-box fence so there is a little bit of space. He'll even do this at me if I'm in the yard without my dogs. I didn't want Nikon getting fed up and biting the dang dog's nose off so I took a few ex-pen panels and squared off that corner. I noticed that shortly after, the Rott's owner found two panels of wood and did the same thing on his side of the corner. So the problem was averted, though the Rott still comes to the corner snarling and then jumps up over and over so he can snarl at my dogs over top of his barrier, but at least now there is a buffer on both sides and nobody can shove their face through the fence.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

Perhaps call AC and make a report of it? That way, God forbid, something does happen between your dogs and hers, at least there will be a record in your dogs defense?

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

I think I will leave the authorities out of it......for that matter I could go to the HOA board but some form of tight wire fencing is cheap insurance and if they give me a hassle about it because wire fence is not "approved" I will mention this neighbor's stockade fence (which is a violation), the other neighbors chain link (at the back in the woods, a violation) and take it from there. My durrent fence is the only one "in compliance"

IOW I will fix the problem and if that creates new problems then I will tell the board to have them keep their dog off of my property. That way I am not "tattling" on my neighbors.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

We have a similar issue with one of our neighbors. Her dogs lunge at the fence which makes my dogs want to fence fight. They are also trying to dig under my fence, which I bought and paid for. She has also threatened to call animal control on my dogs in my yard because of this. Come to find out, I found her egging my dogs on the other day and pelting them with rocks over my fence. I told her next time I saw something the police would be called.

At the rainbow bridge:
Zappa 12/27/00-1/23/12 You are my heart, my soul, and my best friend. You will be with me always.
Zeus 5/9/12-8/13/12 You taught me strength. Run free.
jaggirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.