Do you consider yourself a 'good' person? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default Do you consider yourself a 'good' person?

Do you consider yourself a 'good' person? By 'good' I mean, do you try not to hurt other people; do you help animals/humans by volunteering or providing other services; have you ever betrayed someone; do you rip people off; are you an honest person...etc.

To answer this question myself, I don't know if I'm a good person. I try not to hurt people or betray them but I've in the past and I've learned from it. I often think about hurting people (not necessarily physically) but never acted upon it...I've volunteered before for soup kitchens...I've never knowingly ripped anyone off but working in sales before I may have...I'm a bit too honest and its gotten me in a fair amount of trouble so I am learning to keep my mouth shut about certain things around certain people...

Overall I'd say I'm not a bad person. Doesn't necessarily mean I'm a good person but I dunno...
Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I do consider myself a good person,but have become wiser before I jump to help everyone,whether it be with their animals or themselves. So to the ones that I do not help,I may not be a good person,but that is their conclusion.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Zeeva I think your a good person Your always helpful , polite , and caring in any post you make which tells me I'll bet your just like this in real life

Do I think I'm a good person, I'd like to think so , tho this week I'm not feeling so great! LOL

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Amina...you are a sweetheart. It comes through in every one of your posts.

Am I a good person? I think so. I try to do what is right, whether it's popular or not. I try to help when I can. I'm not very nice and the older I get the more ornery I get. My tolerance for stupidity is zero and dropping. lol

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I'm good enough! I do not like volunteering, I guess you can say my husband and I have done our part by rescuing 10 pets. Like you I've been too honest, and when younger and needed help with unemployment, food, etc, I was denied services, so it taught me to be very self reliant.

Before I ever heard of or read anything religious, starting from a child I'd always try to treat others as I would want to be treated myself. I was the only one of my childhood friends who never stole anything, not even a candy bar.

If what you write about yourself is an accurate representation, then I'd say you are a good person too.
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I think I'm a good person and people always tell me I'm a good person. I can't be mean to anyone...sometimes I wish I could. If I do overstep and I do say something mean, I'm not happy with myself and I feel miserable. I will replay an argument in my head over and over again. When it comes to animals, I have helped out all that needed help and will continue to do so. I don't lie and I tell it like I see it. Stealing is just wrong. I tend to agree or to help the underdog. I work hard, have raised my son by myself, and I'm always there for my family. And as much as I hate stupid at work I make it work because I need my job. So I guess I'm a good person??
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC
Brennan- Golden Retriever

"A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you
more than he loves himself."
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

Am I a good person? I'd like to think so. Do I think I'm perfect...NO.

No, I have never betrayed anyone nor 'ripped anyone off'.
Have I ever hurt anyone's feelings? Probably.
(If I knew about it, I don't have a problem apologizing though.)

Do I volunteer? Yes, for many things. My areas of volunteer work generally revolve around major crises and turmoil in others' lives.
This sometimes leads to great personal cost to my own well-being but, I will do it anyway.

I'm a giver. I enjoy pleasing others and helping out.
I will give, without strings attached, financially, emotionally or physically.

Honest, yes. Sometimes to a fault.
I have trusted many and been let down by many. That's life though.
As I have aged, my expectations of others has no longer become an personal issue for me.
They either become a part of my life, or not.

Being in law enforcement has taught me many things. I know patience, tolerance and fairness.
I'm not prejudiced. I don't care care what color you are, what religious/ political affiliation you have or belong to,
what your sexual orientation is, nor your economic status.
I take people for who they are.

I'm extremely loyal.

Having said that, I think that my moral compass is pointed in the right direction and I can lay my head down at night knowing that I have at least tried to do the right things.

I also believe that there are a lot of good people out there that just do bad things.

Kat
KatsMuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

Am I a good person.. no.. I'm a GREAT person . I'm kidding. My mom taught me there is no such thing as a bad person just people who have bad habits or do bad things. Right now I'm a bad person because it's pouring rain and I haven't taken my puppy out for a walk. Zeeva your posts are always interesting. I think if we all had the resources to do so we could be better people. Remember we can always make goals to better ourselves though

Vida (3years) & Hype, 7 weeks
Kaity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knighted Member

haha it's a honest enough question, but do you actually think anyone is going to confess to the contrary?
qbchottu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbchottu View Post
haha it's a honest enough question, but do you actually think anyone is going to confess to the contrary?
ditto

Vida (3years) & Hype, 7 weeks
Kaity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.