Do you consider yourself a 'good' person? - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 03:00 AM   #31 (permalink)
Master Member

I am not a good person, I stole, Im selfish, I ripped people off when I worked in sales (sometimes) when my job was on the line. I never betrayed anyone, although I did get very upset when somebody betrayed me and I did want to hurt that person physically and I did, and would if future betrayals happen. I have a hard time with people who hurt others and dont change, revenge is coming to them, this is the hardest part for me. I am very short tempered person, and do many irrational dicisions, I can be very sweet but if you hurt me or my loved ones...there will be consequences. I say whats on my mind and if the person gets offended I don't care becuase I told them the truth, does truth hurt YES,do I care NO, because its not my problem, if you want to hear good things about yourself you have to do good things...I come from abusive family and taking crap from people is not my thing, I have learned to stand up for myself and fight with all I have because no other person is gonna do it for me. So yes, I am a bad person, we all make mistakes... I ask God to give me strengh to go on and only because of God I didn't make as many mistakes as I could have.

Last edited by julie87; 11-07-2012 at 03:02 AM.
julie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #32 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My understanding of good is absence of bad. Therefore my answer is, Nope, not this side of Heaven. Though I have "good" intentions, I fail at being "good". Bad is always hanging around, sometimes out front, sometimes in the background, but always present.

I am a work in progress. Forgiven. I know where I'm going when I leave here, and then it'll all be "good". And all my "bad" will be gone forever.

(I like Peter's post)

http://elsieflynn.blogspot.com
http://www.dogster.com/?41847
elsie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #33 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Im a corrections officer at a state prison. I see the worsed of the worsed on a daily basis. These are BAD people. These people have done things to other people most couldnt even imagine. I could give many examples but doing so would probably get me kicked off this site. So if you use that as a scale. Those people being at one end and the best person in the world being the other end Id have to say everyone here is a lot nicer then they give themselves credit for.

The examples I've seen here of not being nice pale in comparison to a truly bad person.

To make the point I will give one example of a bad person without getting too grapic:

Two bad guys decided to rob a homeless guy. So they beat him with two by fours to an inch of his life. Took his 13 dollars. Then picked up his broken body and threw him into a fire. They didnt do it for the money, they did it for the fun of it.

butch33611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #34 (permalink)
Master Member

I try to be a good person in my own way. I dont really volunteer and my job makes normal right and wrong appear really backwards sometimes but Im committed to my friends and family and TRY to do the right things. (Ive got plenty of flaws though; those might be easier to list lol)
TommyB681 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #35 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Yes.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch33611 View Post
Im a corrections officer at a state prison. I see the worsed of the worsed on a daily basis. These are BAD people. These people have done things to other people most couldnt even imagine. I could give many examples but doing so would probably get me kicked off this site. So if you use that as a scale. Those people being at one end and the best person in the world being the other end Id have to say everyone here is a lot nicer then they give themselves credit for.

The examples I've seen here of not being nice pale in comparison to a truly bad person.

To make the point I will give one example of a bad person without getting too grapic:

Two bad guys decided to rob a homeless guy. So they beat him with two by fours to an inch of his life. Took his 13 dollars. Then picked up his broken body and threw him into a fire. They didnt do it for the money, they did it for the fun of it.
Very interesting. But don't you think your view of 'bad' is a bit skewed because of where you work??? The average person isn't nearly as close to the type of people you deal with right? The average person can still be a 'bad' person but not to the level of what you see...
Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #37 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Hey Amina! Glad you showed up today. I was thinking of you!

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 10:16 PM   #38 (permalink)

My son is very keen on good guys and bad guys, we have this conversation daily as he entertains himself with epic battles all throughout my house and every so often he stops and asks, "Mom, are you a good person?" and I reply, "Honey, If there is anything good in me, it's Jesus, cause everything else is messy, messy, messy!"
BroncoK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #39 (permalink)
Elite Member

Hum a good question. I'm a good person to people i care about. People that treat me bad or are blanketyblanks no I'm not. Good question Zeeva. I feel you are a good person. /hugs
And BTW, as to what Butch wrote; I remeber Richard Prior saying he was going to the prisons to get down with his black brothers! After he came away, he said THANK GOD THERE ARE PRISONS!!! We can talk about if we are good people or not so good people. People like Butch sees the real underbelly of humanity. i say kudos to him that he can be honest and back away from it and talk about it.

Last edited by Nikitta; 11-14-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Nikitta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #40 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My dogs think I am.so I cant be that bad
Loneforce is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.