There actually is a team out there that stinks worse than the Browns - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #31 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenzachsmom View Post
Hey Nancy,

I remember a high school date, with my NOW husband. We watched the Houston Oilers play the Baltimore Colts at the old Memorial Stadium. Yeah - Gone, gone and uh gone. SIGH!
I think somewhere deep in the depths of a closet at home, I still have the big, blue, bulky feather hat band that we used to wear on our hats.

Yea, we were stylin' for sure.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #32 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
Then the Brownies were sold to Baltimore. And had ugly black birds on their helmets. And I had to become a baseball fan.
And then one dark night, around 2 o'clock in the morning, the Baltimore Colts slank out of Baltimore like thieves in the night, and slithered on out to Indianapolis and that's why I hate the Colts!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #33 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
I am not sure about the cubs, but I think you have to be born a Brown's Fan, and if you are born a Brown's Fan, then it doesn't matter where you go, where you live, how many times they break your heart, you are still a Brown's Fan, and will be there in the end, right after the Fiery Pitt freezes over, and we win a Super Bowl.
This pretty much sums it up, you just can't quit being a fan....and the whole thing about Denver and THE DRIVE and Elway..plus I live in Findlay where Big Ben is from..omg..I miss the days of the kardiac kids..though this stadium is much better..
ksotto333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #34 (permalink)

Being from Atlanta, I don't pay any attention to football, especially pro. It's all about college around here.
Although if I was going to care about pro, I like the Saints. Only because of the name, cracks me up that the point is to beat the crap out of the other guys and they called themselves the Saints, so to be contrary I root for them.
I had fun this past Sunday texting all my friends(although I was totally clueless about the game, just randomly heard the score and giggled a text to everyone).

www.coppercreekdvg.com- All Breed Schutzhund Club

Home of Umarek von Hugelblick, my good luck charm!
bocron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #35 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Atlanta actually has a team this year. The saints, well, I don't know. I remember them doing a lot of roughing and aiming to injure, and that puts a nasty taste in my mouth. Then it comes out that they had some sort of pool going on, and those involved were not just the players.

So I generally sit there during the game and hope that Drew Breeze gets a good concussion or a torn rotator cup or something.

I guess that makes me not a Saints Fan.

I also like Bull Riding and Boxing. I am not sure why Football, Boxing, and Bull Riding are my spectator sports of choice. On the first two there is strategy and technique, and power I guess. The bull-riding though, must just be the raw power and the guts of the rider to get up on that bull and try to stick with him for 8 seconds. I know there is probably stretegy and technique involved in that too, but how much strategy can you really manage when you're bucked off at 3.8 seconds?
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #36 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I also like the same sports that you like as well. I guess I'm a big sports person to begin with, except that now I am starting to veer more into the college arena in the last several years because professional sports has just gotten way too commercial.

Just look at hockey right now, I doubt at this point if they will have a season at all and wasn't it last year that the NFL had a lock out that effected a few games in pre season? Same thing with the NBA.

I guess the same could also maybe said for the NCAA. I mean I don't quite agree with the whole BCS rankings and the way they do the bowl games. I mean in the last 5-10? years they have come up with so many different bowl games so that almost everyone can be in a bowl game.
I guess there's also corruption with NCAA, just take a look at Penn State and Ohio St., two teams that are bowl ineligible.
I guess when it's all said and done it's hard to be a sports fan period!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #37 (permalink)
Crowned Member

2-8. Uhg!

We could have won today. We had a good lead. And lost it. We went ahead, then failed to keep them from tying it up. And then we lost in OT. A heart-breaker. I don't know, the browns have lost 8 games this year, and most of them we were in it up to the very, hairy, end. Today was yet another one of those. We could have won. We should have won. Could've, Would've, Should've, but we did not win.

We lost.

We are a bunch of losers.

Cleveland Browns T-shirts and stuff should be majorly discounted. Because we stink.

Next year, they should have Cleveland Browns ball caps with a big L on the bill.

And what were those funky uniforms Pittsburgh was wearing. They were probably all so self-conscience about how bad they looked that they went and lost the game. Too bad, it was doable too. Boogers.

And the nasty patriots creamed Indianapolis -- just not a good day for football.

2-8.

Does anyone know if Jacksonville pulled out a win at Houston? That would have been news.

Well, I am disgusted. My guys did not deserve to win today. There really is no one to blame it on. Not really. Yeah, I think that guy had the ball and had it stripped, but whatever. We would've managed to lose anyway. We grabbed defeat out of the jaws of victory. Putrid.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.