There actually is a team out there that stinks worse than the Browns - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sorry Sue. Ugly Baltimorean Ravens' fan here. (If only ALL games could be HOME games.)
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

Uhh.. Lions fan here.. 0-16, just a short while ago..
Peter. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
Isn't your quarterback, who will remain nameless, out with a concussion. I think they say he isn't going to play this upcoming week.
When does he play??? It seems like he is always injured, which is fine for me because I'm a huge Bears fan....although our QB went out in the second half with a concussion. Hopefully he'll be back this week!

Da Bears!!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

J. Cutler -- yeah I was watching that game. I think that if he was in you would have squeezed a win there. I was rooting for ya'all.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
J. Cutler -- yeah I was watching that game. I think that if he was in you would have squeezed a win there. I was rooting for ya'all.
Yeah, that hit initially didn't look bad, but when they were doing the slow motion on it you could tell that it really jarred his head!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm a long suffering fan of the Washington Redskins circa 1957 to present ... though I was able to see a few great seasons when they went to the Super Bowl thanks to former owner Jack Kent Cooke.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Well, even with the back-up, quarterback in, Kansas City managed to lose last night. I was kind of hoping they would pull one out against Pittsburgh, so that they would be more likely to kick butt when they hit Baltimore on Sunday. I suppose this is really better, as they still have a chance at winning the division. But we still have to play them twice and well, I really am not hoping to do well against them, but I would like to beat them, but at the same time, I don't want to ruin their chances of overtaking the ugly black birds (sorry Stevenzachsmom).

We still have to play Dallas, Washington, Pittsburgh twice, Denver (yuck), and Kansas City, and maybe someone else I am choosing to forget. If we could beat Dallas, Washington, and Kansas City, I will admit we might be going in the right direction.

In order to have a winning football team, you have to do the following things that the big boys in the front office just can't seem to figure out:

First, you HAVE to win the games you should win. Pittsburgh SHOULD have won against KC. And they did, barely. But they did. If you don't win the games you should win, your done. Then you got to win some that you probably shouldn't have won, or that were going to be tough, inter-divisional games, games with teams definitely above your level.

And the other thing I have been SCREAMING about for decades, is that if it is 3rd and 4, you need to throw the ball four or more yards, not 2 yards and expect the dude who catches it to get a few more. If you need 10 yards, and you throw it 11 yards sure you are going to have a drop here and there, but if you throw it six or eight yards, chances are your third down percentage is going to be the worst in the NFL. You cannot win that way.

But all the Mensa's up there can't figure that out.

I LOVE football. I start working myself up about it in the summer and get depressed when its all over. And for the Browns it is usually all over sometime in August. But we hope and we struggle and we pray and we try to see some good in it all until October when it is apparent to everyone that we stink really, really bad. Toward the end of the season we usually win enough games to screw up our chances in the draft. And if we don't manage to do that, it only means that we already sold our draft picks.
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
Old 11-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter. View Post
Uhh.. Lions fan here.. 0-16, just a short while ago..

That year was both heartwrenching and epic all at the same time. I am a former Detroiter and still avidly watch the Tigers, Lions, and UofM.
vickip9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
Knighted Member

[QUOTE=selzer;2628627]
We still have to play Dallas, Washington, Pittsburgh twice, Denver (yuck), and Kansas City, and maybe someone else I am choosing to forget. If we could beat Dallas, Washington, and Kansas City, I will admit we might be going in the right direction.

QUOTE]

Why Denver (yuck)? I'll admit that I was very sceptical that Peyton Manning would be able to play at all after coming back from what he came through, but he's been doing pretty darn good so far.
I have to say that I route for the Bronco's (only because of proximity) but I was really mad that they traded Tim Tebow!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Why Denver Yuck!???

Well, I have been a Brown's Fan for forty years, and the number of times Denver knocked us out of a run, well. And John Elway, and his horse-teeth laughing that he was always doing -- when he was winning, and his stupid mouth-open I-don't-know-what-day-it-is look when he wasn't. Sorry, but from an OLD Browns Fan, that is why Denver Yuck.

It isn't fun to think of losing to anyone, but it is worse to lose to certain teams. My list of these are:
Baltimore, New England, and Denver. I absolutely abhor those teams.
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.