My son's friend died - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #21 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

What an amazing young man and such a tragic story. Sad for the family-maybe something can be done to honor his legacy (like a scholarship fund or sponsoring some poor kid with the right drives but not money or even trasportation on the swim team (mine were on swim team and getting to all those meets and training was NOT cheap) ---

I always thought the good thing about swim team was that kids who were not great athletes could be competetive (obviously this boy was very good) because they were always shooting for a better time and were placed in heats with kids of similar ability so there was always a chance of winning your heat.

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles

Last edited by jocoyn; 11-04-2012 at 09:05 AM.
jocoyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #22 (permalink)
Elite Member

So sad to lose such a good kid. I don't know how I would survive if I lost my daughter. Much support to you and your son. I hope everyone will attend the funeral and memorials for the young man. It really does help.

Snake Vom Eselspfad RN CGC (AKA Raina) 3/5/08
Pyrate CGC 4/1/03-5/16/12 RIP

Too many to list waiting at the bridge but remembering them all
pyratemom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I am so sorry . My condolences and prayers for the family of your son's friend and to you and your son.

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Crowned Member

What a tragedy! It sounds like he was a very special person. I saw it on the news. My heart goes out to the family.
Did they figure out what happened? I have seen reports of several young athletes suddenly dying during exercise from an underlying heart condition.
RebelGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

The Memorial Service was today. It was held in the Goucher College Auditorium. The auditorium was packed with many people having to stand. By all accounts, Louis was an amazing person. He lived a lifetime in his short, but full life. While happy memories and funny stories were shared, it was hard to be upbeat. I felt for the participants. They struggled to keep it together. There wasn't a dry eye in the place.

The outpouring of support from friends, teachers, coaches, community, etc. was amazing. I hope it helped the family, just a little. I hope the family will allow Louis' best friends to continue to be a part of their lives. I hope Louis' little sister, Lillian, gets lots of support from her friends as well.

Just a very long, very sad day. I cannot imagine. I mean, your life is going along fine. All is right with the world and in the blink of an eye, life is forever changed. Hug your kids. Enjoy every minute. Life is a gift and our kids are our blessings.
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #26 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Here is story published about Louis' memorial.

Louis Lowenthal memorial recalls teen's curiosity, quirks and infectious joy - baltimoresun.com
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.