Motorcyles-Any Fellow Riders? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharrissc View Post
I'm sure I'm not the only one up here who rides,and would love to know what you kind of bike you have, pics are good too.I have an 00' and 09 Road King.

I love your bikes!!

I have a '96 Honda Shadow. Some day I'll have enough dough for a Harley. My hubby has an '05 Anniversary Edition Fatboy. I wish I had good pics! I'm dying to get a side car for the dog
LoveEcho is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I have a 2002 HD Lowrider. I've been riding since the early 80's. Of course I don't have any pics on this pc lots of dog pics of course. I ride almost every day, if not I'd be late for work all the time, on the bike I can get in the HOV lane. If my bike wasn't sitting in front of the bosses window I'd go outside and take a pic but I'm on the switch board right now.
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
kiya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

Not the best picture because I didn't want to try to push it out of the pole shed. I am a back seat rider only. My husband bought this Norton Commando new in 1975 just before Norton went out of business. We spend most of our sunny Sundays going somewhere just to look at the scenery or have lunch.
Attached Thumbnails
Motorcyles-Any Fellow Riders?-p1060409_opt.jpg  
Old 08-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Ok so here's my other girl. I got this bike in 2004. I bought it from a guy who thought he wanted to be a biker but his wife said "no way". It only had about 3,300 miles on it so it was like brand new for an excellent price.
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10

Last edited by kiya; 11-29-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #15 (permalink)

I rode for several years until my daughter came along. I started out on a little Ninja 250, then a CBR600. My last bike I had before I got pregnant was a beautiful, brand new Yamaha R6. It was dark red and black and I powder coated the pegs, clutch, and brake black and took off the decals so it looked so clean. I bought the bike in October and got pregnant in January. However, I did put a little over 2000 miles on it during that time. I miss it so much!!

My next bike will be a Harley since I married into a Harley family. My husband's uncle owns several Harley stores in KY and I think I may be disowned if I get anything else. I've already got it picked out
Attached Thumbnails
Motorcyles-Any Fellow Riders?-harley-davidson_sportster_iron-883_myclipta_005.jpg  
apenn0006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Very nice, Sporty's are a tuff bike to ride. I had a 1200, very fast, very loud and it's kind of hard to explain but the ride is much different. I didn't want to get rid of it when I got the Lowrider. I have a beach stone driveway and have to back out of my garage and cut my turn to get out, the lowrider is about 200lbs more than the sporty and I wasn't sure if I could do it. I think because it sits lower it was no different backing out.
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
Old 08-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Master Member

Cool topic, I love bikes and have been riding since high school. Both wife and I have street and dirt bikes. Here's some pics

Packen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Elite Member

I bought a 550 Suzuki in 1980 and rode it from northern Ohio to San Diego Ca..and back....5300 miles on that trip..Had the bike for a long time but had to sell when I moved to Fl..Back then a 550 was plenty bike for me...I was skinny then!!! Now, I need a truck to haul my butt around!!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packen View Post
HA! I love this pic! The twisties were about all we rode around here. That last pic you have looks more like this area. Have you ever been to Deal's Gap?
Old 08-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post
Very nice, Sporty's are a tuff bike to ride. I had a 1200, very fast, very loud and it's kind of hard to explain but the ride is much different. I didn't want to get rid of it when I got the Lowrider. I have a beach stone driveway and have to back out of my garage and cut my turn to get out, the lowrider is about 200lbs more than the sporty and I wasn't sure if I could do it. I think because it sits lower it was no different backing out.
They just look so clean and I love the smooth shaping tail. I think they really hold up to their name and I feel like it's a nice transition for someone who is used to sport bikes. I'm not gonna lie, I am very worried about the weight though. I looked at the 1200 but I'm thinking it will be too much bike for me. I better start off slow since it's been a while since I've ridden and since I have a pretty reckless past

I get so excited when I hear about other female riders! I only had a couple to ride with around here. Kudos to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.