Too much time on my hands... - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
Uh oh, too much fun, must close the shop, dehair the dog and go to dog class now.

Breyer horses, we have tons in the shop, but I never collected them.
I used to collect Breyers until my collection got too large. I then started collecting the Breyer dogs and other animals. I have to somehow figure out how to display my collection without looking like a hoarder. When I was a kid I was obsessed with My Little Pony. I counted my collection several years ago and realized I had over 300. They are still in my parent's attic in a large box.
Porsche: kitty 7/2012

Teddy (collie)- 1990-09/13/2006
Franklin (collie) 1996-06/26/2006
Caitydid255 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Elite Member

I have many Breyer horses and some of which are very old. I have them put away ( Safe keeping.) Sue, yes I think you might have to much time on your hands. Lol! I didnt know they made all those little families. Do you have all the sets?
DanielleOttoMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #13 (permalink)

I am completely jealous! I'm dying to send the link to this to my best friend from childhood, she will flip!
A much better thing to buy than what I gravitate toward. I collected antique quilts, even a cheap one starts around $250 and the nice one MUCH more. Now I've switched to Hostas, which while less expensive, require planting and maintenance once I get them.

www.coppercreekdvg.com- All Breed Schutzhund Club

Home of Umarek von Hugelblick, my good luck charm!
bocron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitydid255 View Post
I used to collect Breyers until my collection got too large. I then started collecting the Breyer dogs and other animals. I have to somehow figure out how to display my collection without looking like a hoarder. When I was a kid I was obsessed with My Little Pony. I counted my collection several years ago and realized I had over 300. They are still in my parent's attic in a large box.
I wonder where my Breyer's collection is... somewhere in my parent's attic. Seeing these always gives me the barely controllable urge to revert to childhood for just a little while
LoveEcho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleOttoMom View Post
I have many Breyer horses and some of which are very old. I have them put away ( Safe keeping.) Sue, yes I think you might have to much time on your hands. Lol! I didnt know they made all those little families. Do you have all the sets?
No. I loved the castle when I was a kid and coveted the farm, but never had it. I have castles, and the rail road, and a few other things we had way back when. But I also have a few of the older stuff, like Goldilocks and the three bears' house, and the shoe. But I don't have them all, not by a long shot. I do not have McDonalds, or the Hospital, or the Sesame Street Brownstone, or the Garage. Probably tons of stuff. It was really a great group of toys.

There is a farm they sold in the UK that is brown instead of red. I want that so bad, but I can't pay what I have found it for. My nieces came over last week and they were able to play with it. They had a blast.

Babs is very careful in there, and never knocks over anything.

Gretta came in and stole the white hair blue lady, but did not knock anything else over. I had to rescue the old lady before it took a trip through the intestines.

Bear was in there the other day and her tail, her tail, well, lets just say it was like a hurricane and a tsunami and an earth quake all at once. She has been banned from the study.

It's an addiction. But it is a fun one.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah

Last edited by selzer; 06-12-2012 at 09:03 PM.
selzer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Elite Member

Selzer, that was truly great! Your creativity should be shared. Picture book...
Zira “To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” -J.K Rowling
ShenzisMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DCluver33

I never collected the breyer horses, they were too expensive. I collected Grand Champions. I have about 30 mares and goals, three stallions and five geldings complete with their blankets and lead ropes in a box at my dad's house. my mom got me three Breyer's for Christmas one year. I have Seabiscuit, War Amrial (sp), and Seattle Slew. I would love to collect all the triple crown winners.

my grandparents have some little people from with my mom and her sibling were younger. my little cousin's now play with them on occasion.

Dodger 5 yr old GSD (6/23/08)
Molly 14 yr old Border Collie/Aussie Mix (7/4/98)

RIP my Angel:
Chopper 17 yr old Border Collie (10/1/94-12/30/10)
DCluver33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
Crowned Member

When I put together the circus train for my sister's girls, I had lots of animals: bears, a zebra, lions, girraffs, monkeys, elephants, and many cars, some people and a bunch of clowns. Let me see if I have a photo:

Ok, when I gave them this for Christmas, we had a slew of kids at my parents, and tons of toys with all their battery operated noises, and bright shiny packaging, and every kid there was playing with the circus train.

They (Fisher Price) had something special when they created these.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Thank you for making me smile.
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
Elite Member

I have a collection of various styles of Irish Dance Dresses. I am looking for a home for them. I will make a very good deal for someone. Seriously, I did NOT start out to collect them. My daughter has danced for 10 years and we get a new one every 18 months. I have unicorn themed, Pirate themed, "tuxedo" themed...They live under my bed in a bag. If anyone is interested, let me know...of if you can think of someplace that may be interested. Irish dancers are NOT interested because the dresses are "older styles". OMG, after what we pay for those dresses, it's a crime that we cannot sell them..heck, I can't even GIVE some of them away.

I would much rather collect something fun...like creepy Christmas Elves.

If you are going through hades, keep going!
Scarlettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.